Why would anyone object to Virginia’s new gun laws?

1. A limit of one handgun purchase per month

How does being able to purchase over 12 handguns a month make you safer? Unlimited handgun purchases opens a path to shill purchasers where a legal buyer can buy guns to sell to criminals

It is a Right to own guns, and they are a legal product.........this is essentially saying you can only buy one Newpaper a month or go to only one website a month........you moron,
Neither of which gets people killed
Guns in the hands of criminals gets people killed

Yes......then you have to explain why democrats keep letting actual criminals with multiple gun convictions out of jail and prison over and over again....
Myth
Our prisons are overflowing with non violent drug offenders
In fact over 70% of people in prison have not been convicted of any crime but are rather awaiting trial.

So you should be saying that our prisons are overflowing with innocent people since everyone is innocent until proven guilty

How does being able to purchase over 12 handguns a month make you safer? Unlimited handgun purchases opens a path to shill purchasers where a legal buyer can buy guns to sell to criminals

How about we limit women to one abortion per year?
Why?
How would that impact public safety?

3. Allow localities to ban guns in some public areas

What ever happened to local rule? If a locality wants to ban carrying guns in parks and playgrounds, why shouldn’t they?

How about because it won’t be effective.

The bad guys aren’t going to abide by the rule. Nor will there be sufficient armed security:eek:r police in these areas to make them safe. Therefore, normally law abiding people like me will be forced to avoid these places or break the law to keep ourselves safe.
But what about the assholes with a temper who get in an argument and start shooting?

Rarest of rare events.....and the ones doing it already have histories of crime and violence........and likely were released from jail or prison by members of the democrat party....

What ever happened to local rule? If a locality wants to ban carrying guns in parks and playgrounds, why shouldn’t they?

Will the police guarantee that no one in those parks and playground will be armed? Will the State then become responsible if someone is denied the ability to defend themself and another person injures them criminally?

How about we limit women to one abortion per year?
Why?
How would that impact public safety?

How is limiting a person to 1 handgun a month helping public safety?

After two months they have enough guns for each hand.

How about because it won’t be effective.

The bad guys aren’t going to abide by the rule. Nor will there be sufficient armed security:eek:r police in these areas to make them safe. Therefore, normally law abiding people like me will be forced to avoid these places or break the law to keep ourselves safe.
But what about the assholes with a temper who get in an argument and start shooting?

How many of the 11000 gun murders does that make up?

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that the people of this country have to justify exercising their rights.

What if cattle rustlers are coming to my property and I am expecting a shoot out, and I need to equip my ranch hands for a shoot out? :dunno:

How many of our gun loving posters buy more than one handgun a month?

How will this legislation impact you?

Why does any law abiding citizen object to a background check?

Right,

because assholes looking to make a name for themselves never carry firearms into Gun Free Zones.

It does, however, prevent people with guns from defending people in those areas

True
But do we need armed fans at football games? Do you want that drunk idiot sitting next to you being armed?

Do you want someone capable to take him out before he shoots you?

Should that church a week ago have been a gun free zone, and allowed even more people to be killed?
Do you really want to live in a society where you can’t even pray in a house of worship without the fear that someone will put a bullet in you?

poor twist.

Do you think making the church a gun free zone would have stopped the shooter?

the asshole only had time to shoot twice, before someone with a gun inside the church shot him.

How many would have died, if that guy didn't have a gun with him?

Right,

because assholes looking to make a name for themselves never carry firearms into Gun Free Zones.

It does, however, prevent people with guns from defending people in those areas

True
But do we need armed fans at football games? Do you want that drunk idiot sitting next to you being armed?

Do you want someone capable to take him out before he shoots you?

Should that church a week ago have been a gun free zone, and allowed even more people to be killed?
Do you really want to live in a society where you can’t even pray in a house of worship without the fear that someone will put a bullet in you?
That will happen eventually anyway. No law will stop that.

However, I DO want to live in a world in which a madman or Democrat religious bigot is killed when he or she attempts to shoot up a house of worship.

Doesn't matter.

why not limit alcohol purchased to one 750 ml bottle per month or cigarette purchases to one pack a month ?

Both of those thing kill more people than murder with guns annually

Bud, if I'm at the range an a guy offers to sell me a firearm...

why do I need to add to the price by getting a background check done?

Thsts a potential downside to the Freedom and Liberty you folks always want to talk about.

OR, place ARMED and TRAINED Security Officers in these public places. I don’t carry my gun into Gillette Stadium or TD Garden. They have police and armed security, so I don’t need to. I DO carry a gun on Worcester Common because there is no dedicated armed security presence there. See the difference.

Because when Gun Control nuts write these laws they always add goodies in that make something a simple as handing you gun to a hunting partner while you take a leak require a background check.

Doesn't matter.

why not limit alcohol purchased to one 750 ml bottle per month or cigarette purchases to one pack a month ?

Both of those thing kill more people than murder with guns annually
Have you ever bought more than one handgun a month?
Why would you want to?

Do you want to protect someone who buys a dozen handguns at a time and then resells them to criminals?

How is any good American supposed to get by on only 12 handguns per year?

Because when Gun Control nuts write these laws they always add goodies in that make something a simple as handing you gun to a hunting partner while you take a leak require a background check.

But if you want to sell a gun to a hunting partner, shouldn’t you be sure he doesn’t have a criminal record?

Wouldn’t you want to know?

Forum List

Back