why would a woman choose to become muslim?

I wonder too why a women would choose to register as or vote for a Republican. The party which opposed and 'killed' the Equal Rights Amendment: gee, I love making less money than the young fellow I'm training

leave it to a far leftist to turn a thread about religion into a political one.....and on the 3rd post.....

Harry, you're such a hypocrite it's down right amazing. Have you no shame?

show me where i am....

Last edited:
i feel the same about christianity.....the wife must submit blah blah fucking blah....

The wife doesn't have to submit unless the male treats her well and lives up to his responsibilities, blah blah blah. And submission in the bible is simply a nod to the fact that any group must have an acknowledged leader.

Knowing that, think about how many very strong and blessed women are in the bible. Miriam, who sang the Jews into the promised land after Moses died, and who along with Aaron and Moses was a recognized leader of the tribes in the desert, Ruth and Naomi who loved each other so much they refused to be parted (and one of them killed her husband). Esther, who saved her people when she risked her life by marrying a king who could have killed her when he discovered she was Jewish...which she told him in order to prevent an edict being passed that WOULD have led to the slaughter of Jews in the land (btw, the leader of that movement was a descendant of one of the enemies of Saul that he refused to slaughter at God's command. Funny how disobedience to God will come back to haunt us, again and again)....Mary, a poor, young virgin who was blessed when she was chosen as the mother of Christ. Joseph could have named her as unpure before they married, rejecting her and the child, but God sent an angel of God to him telling him the babe truly was the son of God.

Jewish women light the menorrhah and say the prayer, biblical women held property in their OWN RIGHT, the list goes on and on.

The one phrase that refers to women submit to your husbands simply is a way of showing the order of things, and puts forth the very correct concept that too many chiefs and too few Indians make for an imperfect system. Man submits to God, women submit to man, man is obligated to treasure and love his wife or risk losing it all.

Last edited:
The Marys, who Christ first appeared to after his resurrection and remained with him until his death except possibly for his mother, whom told James to look to, Mary Magdalene who was probably a financial support and a very important member of Christ's inner circle. The woman who brought Jesus water and washed his face while he was carrying the cross to Golgotha (and whose husband got to help him drag it the rest of the way).

None of these women are noted particularly for submission to their husbands...in fact quite the opposite. Some of them killed, some of them flew in the face of their husbands to do what was right, many of them risked death in order to do the right thing. Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, became pregnant as an old woman. When she told her husband, and he didn't believe her, he was struck mute until after the child was born.

Because they are born into it, just like ALL other religions. If your entire world was built around it, revolved around it, and you didn't know any different, that's what you would choose. You would believe in it, die for it, and think other religions are crap. If you were born Christian, you would believe in it, die for it, and think other religions are crap. If you were born Buddhist, you would believe in it, die for it, and think other religions are crap. Repeat this for all religions.

Because they are born into it, just like ALL other religions. If your entire world was built around it, revolved around it, and you didn't know any different, that's what you would choose. You would believe in it, die for it, and think other religions are crap. If you were born Christian, you would believe in it, die for it, and think other religions are crap. If you were born Buddhist, you would believe in it, die for it, and think other religions are crap. Repeat this for all religions.

Which, of course, is total bullcrap. If it were true, there would be absolutely no Christians. There would be no Muslims. There would be no new religions period.

Unless they enjoy being a slave to their husband and all other men in the world, why would women ever join islam? I really don't see any benefit for them in the religion, all it does is treat them like slaves using rules and customs that are outdated by hundreds of years.

Yeah kinda like them becoming a Baptist.

Now I always have to respond to this glass ceiling thing.

I do not deny that women get paid less on average than men, but there may be a reason for that and it has nothing to do with intelligence or ability.

The simple fact is that most women want to have kids and therefore will want to take all kinds of maternity leave and will most likely be calling out every time the rug rats have a sniffle.

If I were going to hire a woman for a high paying powerful position, i would want some sort of guarantee that she wouldn't get knocked up and leave me hanging for weeks or months while she was on maternity leave. Imagine a woman who is absolutely indispensable and is in charge of a lucrative deal who says, "sorry I'm gone for the next 3 months because i want to be a mommy tough luck if the deal or project goes south."

The usual retort is that someone else should be able to take over yadda yadda but why should I hire 2 people to do the same job?

I can't ask her to sign a contract saying she won't get pregnant for 5 years can I? That would be illegal. So women get paid less because of the uncertainty that they may get pregnant and leave the company in a tough spot.

No one person is indespensable and anyone in a management position who is competent knows this, and has a contingency plan as well as built in redundancies for all critical funcitons.
Equal pay for equal work, a living wage and a 40 hour work week - anathema to conservatives.

You've never run a small business have you?

If a woman takes multiple maternity leaves, she is not doing equal work is she? In fact she is doing considerably less work than one who takes no maternity leaves.

And what is the fixation on a 40 hour week? No one who has ever been successful has only put in 40 hours a week.

True, Bush was not successful.

The great majority don't choose to become a muslim. They have no choice in the matter since they are brainwashed from birth.

that statement pretty much applies to all religions....doesnt it?

Yes to some extent it does, but the subject is Islam. And no other religion passes sentence of death on those who wish to give up their religion.
I thought you all share the same god?

Which, of course, is total bullcrap. If it were true, there would be absolutely no Christians. There would be no Muslims. There would be no new religions period.

I don't quite follow your answer. Please explain. Are you saying our world started with one religion? I'm not saying it did or didn't, I just don't follow what you are trying to say.

I don't quite follow your answer. Please explain. Are you saying our world started with one religion? I'm not saying it did or didn't, I just don't follow what you are trying to say.

Im saying that your hypothesis that people only of a certain faith because their parents are is facially absurd because of the historical record. If your theory was true, no one would have converted to Christianity. No one would have converted to Islam. Or Buddhism. ]

The idea that people dont think and make decisions on their own about what they believe is ridiculous. Moreso the idea that children believe the exact same things as their parents. Try telling a teenager they think exactly the same way as their parents do or vice versa. You'd have people on the floor laughing.

Sorry if you took that out of context. But I would say the majority of people in their current religion where born into it. Some converted, heck, some started their own. But if you were born into one religion, I'd say a good majority stayed that way. I didn't get to choose what church I went to when I was 4 years old, I just followed my parents. I didn't even know there were other religions till I was at around 8 or 9 years old! By then most of my learning were rooted deep. And of course all my grandparents would say other religions were "blasphemy".

Now I'm older, and a little more open minded. I like to let my mind wander sometimes........

Still.......he's got a point. You do have to admit it.

Or, are you part of the old guard that denies the "glass ceiling" for women?

I do not deny that women get paid less on average than men, but there may be a reason for that and it has nothing to do with intelligence or ability.

The simple fact is that most women want to have kids and therefore will want to take all kinds of maternity leave and will most likely be calling out every time the rug rats have a sniffle.

If I were going to hire a woman for a high paying powerful position, i would want some sort of guarantee that she wouldn't get knocked up and leave me hanging for weeks or months while she was on maternity leave. Imagine a woman who is absolutely indispensable and is in charge of a lucrative deal who says, "sorry I'm gone for the next 3 months because i want to be a mommy tough luck if the deal or project goes south."

The usual retort is that someone else should be able to take over yadda yadda but why should I hire 2 people to do the same job?

I can't ask her to sign a contract saying she won't get pregnant for 5 years can I? That would be illegal. So women get paid less because of the uncertainty that they may get pregnant and leave the company in a tough spot.
Why don't you just require them to be sterilized or wear a chastity belt to which you keep the key?

Problem solved. Skull Pile o'shit way.

The great majority don't choose to become a muslim. They have no choice in the matter since they are brainwashed from birth.

that statement pretty much applies to all religions....doesnt it?

Yes to some extent it does, but the subject is Islam. And no other religion passes sentence of death on those who wish to give up their religion.
Bunch of crap. as usual. If Islam passed a death sentence on those who give up the religion, 4 of my friends would be dead.

Still.......he's got a point. You do have to admit it.

Or, are you part of the old guard that denies the "glass ceiling" for women?

Why don't you just require them to be sterilized or wear a chastity belt to which you keep the key?

Problem solved. Skull Pile o'shit way.

What's wrong with asking a woman you hire if she plans on getting pregnant? What's wrong with asking her to sign a contract stating that she won't take all kinds of maternity leave and leave her employer hanging.

Why should I have to guarantee to hold a job for X number of months because an employee wants to have a baby?

If you want a kid, fine but you shouldn't expect your boss to sacrifice his business to hold a job open simply because you want to be a mommy.

Unless they enjoy being a slave to their husband and all other men in the world, why would women ever join islam? I really don't see any benefit for them in the religion, all it does is treat them like slaves using rules and customs that are outdated by hundreds of years.

Most people are comfortable with what they are familiar with.

Forum List

Back