Why won't Democrats repeal the individual mandate?

D, You're not going to get a blind supporter of the regime to face the facts. it wont happen. it's better to just mock them..

Because it’s been Federal law for three years, it’s not some ‘new’ legislation.

Because it’s an important part of the ACA.

Because it’s Constitutional.

Because it has nothing to do with whether the Federal government is funded or not, and has nothing to do with ensuring the government’s debts are paid.

But that’s the wrong question.

The real question is why do republicans refuse to propose their own healthcare reform.

(Of course, the ACA is republican healthcare reform…)

And, of course, when did the Republicans give up harping on Personal Responsibility and decide to defend freeloaders?

That's all you got? 'Because Republicans ....'?

I could care less about the partisan pissing match. Selling us out to the insurance industry was a shitty thing to do.

Which is exactly what the GObP/pubs want to continue.

ObamaCare does exactly the opposite.

Google Liz Fowler.

It always amazes me to see such complete ignorance about how politics work in our country.

Lobbyists run this country.
Lobbyists write bills for congress.

You are caught in a loop. You're unable to learn anything new.

Why won't Republicans?

Because they're whore like the Democrats I suppose. Not everything is about petty partisanship.

Well, the thread started out partisan. What I quoted was the thread title. So since the question can be asked of D's, who appear fine with the bill as is, I thought I'd reference the party that has tried to repeal it 40 times and is currently doing the hostage-taking-for-results maneuver.

Why won't Republicans?

Because they're whore like the Democrats I suppose. Not everything is about petty partisanship.

Well, the thread started out partisan. What I quoted was the thread title. So since the question can be asked of D's, who appear fine with the bill as is, I thought I'd reference the party that has tried to repeal it 40 times and is currently doing the hostage-taking-for-results maneuver.

You're missing the point. I'm not a Republican and I'm not cheering for their 'side'. Whenever criticism is leveled at ACA, particularly at the mandate, Democrats always claim it was a 'conservative' idea, that it's not what they really wanted. That claim they're not sellouts to the insurance industry and if they had their way, they'd have a single payer, or at least a public option.

But that seems like quite a load of bullshit to me. They didn't really push for these things when they had the chance. Now that the public is showing widespread dissatisfaction with the individual mandate, a provision that exists solely to preserve the role of the insurance industry, why not drop it? Doing so would dissolve virtually all voter opposition to ACA. It would screw over the insurance companies, essentially renigging on the quid-pro-quo deal they struck with Congress - but so what? Worst case scenario is the insurance companies drop out of the exchanges and you get your public option.

Obviously, the reason they don't is because they are up the asses of corporate insurance and far more interested in representing their interests than the desires of voters.

Last edited:

You're missing the point. I'm not a Republican and I'm not cheering for their 'side'. Whenever criticism is leveled at ACA, particularly at the mandate, Democrats always claim it was a 'conservative' idea, that it's not what they really wanted. That claim they're not sellouts to the insurance industry and if they had their way, they'd have a single payer, or at least a public option.

But that seems like quite a load of bullshit to me. They didn't really push for these things when they had the chance. Now that the public is showing widespread dissatisfaction with the individual mandate, a provision that exists solely to preserve the role of the insurance industry, why not drop it? Doing so would dissolve virtually all voter opposition to ACA. It would screw over the insurance companies, essentially renigging on the quid-pro-quo deal they struck with Congress - but so what? Worst case scenario is the insurance companies drop out of the exchanges and you get your public option.

Obviously, the reason they don't is because they are up the asses of corporate insurance and far more interested in representing their interests than the desires of voters.

I didn't say you were, nor did the word 'cheering' pass my keyboard.

I figure if one side is being asked, both sides should be.

I didn't say you were, nor did the word 'cheering' pass my keyboard.

I figure if one side is being asked, both sides should be.

Just seems irrelevant. The Republicans don't have the power to change it. All they can do is grandstand on something they believe wins them populist points.

The point is that you, like most on the right, are clearly ignorant of how laws are passed and enforced.

If you believe the president failed to implement the ACA correctly, take him to court.

Otherwise, the Administration didn’t ‘change’ the law in any manner, only Congress can repeal or amend laws.

Actually, the GOP thought that Obama failed to implement the ACA correctly (calling it unconstitutional), and they DID take him to court.

Guess what? The SC ruled that it was constitutional.

And you're right, only Congress can change the law, but they haven't yet, all they've tried to do was repeal it 41 times (all of which failed).

I'm shocked that some people don't know it's an actual law, and has been for some time. Lots of low information types (aka FAUX Nooze viewers) have stated repeatedly that it's a bill.

Not so shocking when one considers the comprehensive ignorance of most conservatives.

What’s confusing many on the right is how provisions of the law come into effect at different times. They must incorrectly believe the ACA is a series of separate pieces of legislation, which it is not – it’s one single law that can only be repealed or amended by Congress.

For example, there’s an ignorant thread currently asking why ‘democrats’ don’t ‘repeal’ the IM.

The IM can’t be ‘repealed,’ it’s not ‘standalone’ legislation, and democrats can’t make changes to the ACA alone, that must be done by both Houses of Congress, where the ACA would be amended to remove the IM.

Of course the entire notion is idiocy given the fact the Supreme Court upheld the IM as Constitutional.

Comprehensive ignorance?

I can hold my own with you in topics I know nothing about, and trash you in topics you are a self declared expert in. Your opinions come off the bits of your boss's trash you think you understand, and you couldn't explain why the sky is blue to a 3 year old child without confusing yourself, yet you dismiss me as ignorant.

Actually, the GOP thought that Obama failed to implement the ACA correctly (calling it unconstitutional), and they DID take him to court.

Guess what? The SC ruled that it was constitutional.

And you're right, only Congress can change the law, but they haven't yet, all they've tried to do was repeal it 41 times (all of which failed).

I'm shocked that some people don't know it's an actual law, and has been for some time. Lots of low information types (aka FAUX Nooze viewers) have stated repeatedly that it's a bill.

Not so shocking when one considers the comprehensive ignorance of most conservatives.

What’s confusing many on the right is how provisions of the law come into effect at different times. They must incorrectly believe the ACA is a series of separate pieces of legislation, which it is not – it’s one single law that can only be repealed or amended by Congress.

For example, there’s an ignorant thread currently asking why ‘democrats’ don’t ‘repeal’ the IM.

The IM can’t be ‘repealed,’ it’s not ‘standalone’ legislation, and democrats can’t make changes to the ACA alone, that must be done by both Houses of Congress, where the ACA would be amended to remove the IM.

Of course the entire notion is idiocy given the fact the Supreme Court upheld the IM as Constitutional.

Not all laws have to be enforced

If so, the border fence would have been completed

-Geaux

It was never funded, was it?

994922_650501611638374_8395587_n.jpg

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/316137-5-million-645-000-what-s-the-difference.html

Don't expect logic from Obamazombies.

I've got a question.................if Obamacare is so repugnant to those who are of the GOP ilk, then why are so many Republicans signing on for it?

I'll give you a hint.....................it's because it saves them money.

Forum List

Back