Why white people need to admit that black people know more about pain

Blanket statements like "Black people know more about pain (than white people)" are flawed. Each one of us regardless of color have our on journey through life. While many of us experience much pain, many by comparison experience little pain. There have been white people that have been held captive for years, caged like animals and raped. There are some black people that have lived lives of luxury compared most white people (Obama's daughters for example).

Life is not fair. Each one of us have to live the hand that is dealt to us.

Also, those that seem to have everything sometimes are the ones dealing with the most pain, or at least dealing with it poorly. Robin Williams to an outsider seemed to be on the top of the world, yet he took his own life. I presume he did so to escape the pain of living.

Yawn! When international organizations are stating that what people looking like you are doing to people looking like me are international human rights violations, you cannot say that you are going through anything similar.

What human rights violations have you suffered today?

"There are plenty of black people who are racist against whites and therefore believe whites should feel bad bc they’re white. There are also brainwashed white people who believe white people should feel bad for being white.
View attachment 212680
I think the above image is a good example of someone experiencing white guilt. Also this article:
How Can I Cure My White Guilt?
What do you mean by “false narrative” regarding white guilt? Seems pretty real to me. Thinking white people are racist solely bc they’re white (which some people DO think) is an extreme POV and may anger some white people and such flawed logic may make them discriminate against POC—this is just a guess on my part. I never said you can’t tell whites anything as long as it comes from a respectful place and isn’t laced with condescension."

Whites are many of the most condescending people in this society. When you think you are better than somebody, I guess you think you get to say what you want to people but people must always speak respectfully to you.

You apparently miss the inconvenient fact that whites have been racist against blacks since at least 1641. That is 377 years of continuing white racism that has not ever stopped. Saying things have improved or saying things are better is not saying it has ended. When the words it has ended has been proven and said, if blacks are still talking about how whites are racist, then you can call blacks racists for assuming a person is racist because they are white.

Since whites don't walk the streets with I'm not a racist tattooed on their foreheads, blacks do not know which individual white is racist or not. So until a national system of white racist identification is established, this is going to happen. So you must prove you are not before we can trust you not to be. INDIVIDUALLY if we don't and just trust you, that's usually when we find out that person is a racist.

If you feel bad because you are white, that's your fault. Nobody is asking you to feel guilt. You shall get the truth and accept it. Whites must face the completeness of their history just like everyone else. Blacks had great civilizations but none of them were perfect. We face and accept that. That is not said to excuse white colonization.

Seems that there are whites here at USMB who are unable to do that.
I don't have any white guilt.

I'm proud of what my ancestors have accomplished...despite the various persecutions they have been subjected to.

Your ancestors faced very little persecution. No one is concerned about whites being guilty. I'm quite that as as a woman you were happy with the accomplishments of your fellow female ancestors who could own no property and all they were allowed to do was cook, clean and have babies.

Blanket statements like "Black people know more about pain (than white people)" are flawed. Each one of us regardless of color have our on journey through life. While many of us experience much pain, many by comparison experience little pain. There have been white people that have been held captive for years, caged like animals and raped. There are some black people that have lived lives of luxury compared most white people (Obama's daughters for example).

Also, those that seem to have everything sometimes are the ones dealing with the most pain, or at least dealing with it poorly. Robin Williams to an outsider seemed to be on the top of the world, yet he took his own life. I presume he did so to escape the pain of living.

Yawn! When international organizations are stating that what people looking like you are doing to people looking like me are international human rights violations, you cannot say that you are going through anything similar.

That line of crap isn't going to cut it. Try another technique.

"There are plenty of black people who are racist against whites and therefore believe whites should feel bad bc they’re white. There are also brainwashed white people who believe white people should feel bad for being white.
View attachment 212680
I think the above image is a good example of someone experiencing white guilt. Also this article:
What do you mean by “false narrative” regarding white guilt? Seems pretty real to me. Thinking white people are racist solely bc they’re white (which some people DO think) is an extreme POV and may anger some white people and such flawed logic may make them discriminate against POC—this is just a guess on my part. I never said you can’t tell whites anything as long as it comes from a respectful place and isn’t laced with condescension."

Whites are many of the most condescending people in this society. When you think you are better than somebody, I guess you think you get to say what you want to people but people must always speak respectfully to you.

You apparently miss the inconvenient fact that whites have been racist against blacks since at least 1641. That is 377 years of continuing white racism that has not ever stopped. Saying things have improved or saying things are better is not saying it has ended. When the words it has ended has been proven and said, if blacks are still talking about how whites are racist, then you can call blacks racists for assuming a person is racist because they are white.

Since whites don't walk the streets with I'm not a racist tattooed on their foreheads, blacks do not know which individual white is racist or not. So until a national system of white racist identification is established, this is going to happen. So you must prove you are not before we can trust you not to be. INDIVIDUALLY if we don't and just trust you, that's usually when we find out that person is a racist.

If you feel bad because you are white, that's your fault. Nobody is asking you to feel guilt. You shall get the truth and accept it. Whites must face the completeness of their history just like everyone else. Blacks had great civilizations but none of them were perfect. We face and accept that. That is not said to excuse white colonization.

I don't have any white guilt.

I'm proud of what my ancestors have accomplished...despite the various persecutions they have been subjected to.

Your ancestors faced very little persecution. No one is concerned about whites being guilty. I'm quite that as as a woman you were happy with the accomplishments of your fellow female ancestors who could own no property and all they were allowed to do was cook, clean and have babies.

I am happy with their accomplishments. I'm also quite proud of my Republican Party that is responsible for changing those things in the states.

Yeah, in other words..you haven't.

I doubt you have ever suffered a *human rights violation*...unless you were the one inflicting it upon someone else.

I doubt you have ever suffered a *human rights violation*...unless you were the one inflicting it upon someone else.

The question was dumb because in my lifetme I have suffered many such violations because of my race. Asking me what human rights violations have I suffered today is a stupid fucking question that doesn't deserve an answer. It's like me telling you that because your ass was not raped today, women didn't get raped. This is why don't like debating dumb ass whites about racism.

BTW Bullwinkle - - Look at my board name. I've lived EVERYWHERE. Not just Fla Cal Tenn, but New York and Texas.. You want to know of all those places where racism is SILENT AND DEADLY???

Right in Nancy Pelosi's back yard. I lived on the San Fran peninsula and RARELY saw a black person. Sighted Condoleeza Rice a couple times at Stanford Shopping Center. All the blacks lived across the freeway in EAST Palo Alto. A true ghetto. White folks on the peninsula would refer to the "quality of life" on the peninsula. Meaning, thank GAWD those blacks all live in Palo Alto. And for 2 DECADES -- they couldn't get a BART train extension to the peninsula from across the Bay or South from San Fran for FEAR that "black people" might come over from Oakland. They even BLEW UP a perfectly good rail bridge that would have made the connection easier to accomplish.

Those folks haven't even BEGUN to confront their racism and never will. So don't tell me how the South is getting further and further into racism..

White racism exists all over America but Johns OP is what you argue against because you don't want to admit how real what John said is.

You're not reading what I wrote are you? I gave the OP a thank-you and posted that ONLY THING I disagreed on was his last sentence. Where he advises fellow whites to just "shut up" and listen. That only goes so far towards any kind of understanding or productive interaction. Especially if the folks you're listening to use the same TACTICS as white racists to stereotype and snark you to death and boredom.
So it seems like you're trying to move on but again, on the Confederacy - you said it's your regional identity. Can you use the word in a sentence? It seems like when people talk about the Confederacy enslaving and raping and murdering and selling children and working men to death and stealing the futures and basic human dignities of millions of human beings, those words just roll right off for you. Again - whining, and again, I mean this in the nicest possible way because you seem like a nice guy but there is some seriously messed up denial going on in your mind about this. The Confederacy was evil - pure evil. You get that, don't you? There's no gray area, no nothing. It was evil. As evil as the Nazis. As evil as anything. And black people have to LOOK at that flag and its monuments and watch otherwise decent people like you have their eyes glaze over and say, "It shouldn't bother you."
White racism exists all over America but Johns OP is what you argue against because you don't want to admit how real what John said is.

You're not reading what I wrote are you? I gave the OP a thank-you and posted that ONLY THING I disagreed on was his last sentence. Where he advises fellow whites to just "shut up" and listen. That only goes so far towards any kind of understanding or productive interaction. Especially if the folks you're listening to use the same TACTICS as white racists to stereotype and snark you to death and boredom.
So it seems like you're trying to move on but again, on the Confederacy - you said it's your regional identity. Can you use the word in a sentence? It seems like when people talk about the Confederacy enslaving and raping and murdering and selling children and working men to death and stealing the futures and basic human dignities of tens of millions of human beings, those words just roll right off for you. Again - whining, and again, I mean this in the nicest possible way because you seem like a nice guy but there is some seriously messed up denial going on in your mind about this. The Confederacy was evil - pure evil. You get that, don't you? There's no gray area, no nothing. It was evil. As evil as the Nazis. As evil as anything. And black people have to LOOK at that flag and its monuments and watch otherwise decent people like you have their eyes glaze over and say, "It shouldn't bother you."

Can't have this discussion here. I'd be violating board rules by diverting the topic of this thread. But if you insist on sliming the South including YOUR OWN political constituency -- start a new thread in the appropriate forum and invite me in.

All replies to a topic really need to stick with that specific topic. We're not picky about content as long as threads each have a unique discussion in them and not the same free-for-all in every thread.

And heck man -- it's YOUR OWN THREAD. Shouldn't be giving the movie review and expounding on what YOU intended to talk about?

:5_1_12024:
Whatever you say, man. If you ever have a change of heart send me a message. I am as far from a perfect person myself as anyone and am not trying to sound condescending or high-and-mighty or anything (though I'm sure I have), but like I said in the OP I'm a sensitive guy and it really messes with my head when it seems like people are having real obstacles to showing empathy, because I've had that problem myself. I'd just ask you to think about what's been said in this thread and naturally, make your own judgments.

You know nothing about the empathy I've shown. Nor do you know that empathy alone is really cheap donation to the cause.

You're OK. You've just led a pretty safe life in terms of meeting folks from different worlds and attempting to get anything approaching "empathy" or reasonable discussion out of them..

So if you're saying I've lived a safe life, what experiences are you saying I'm lacking or would recommend I have? I'm not contesting that I could know a lot more about where people are coming from who say they have experienced 'black racism.' I am saying, however, that among all the ugly things I have seen or heard about firsthand in my life, I have never been more affected by anything than the domineering, consistent racism black people have endured from white people, which is amplified by the history of that racism.

I had a very cool teacher in High School who was a young 20's something black woman. A few white girls at this school had it out for her after they got a bad grade. They began spreading rumors about her and eventually making racist remarks. Finally, they spray painted "N****r" on one of the school halls. It couldn't be proven it was them, but everyone knew and they were smug about it. The black teacher waited for months without saying much as the school tried to get them expelled, but their mothers were wealthy and threatened lawsuits. Eventually the school gave up on expelling them. The black teacher left instead and I saw her on her last day. I said I was sorry she had to leave and it was wrong what was happening to her. She looked like she'd been stabbed in the gut. She said, "I didn't choose to leave." This was a "progressive" liberal arts school and incidentally the three racist white girls were the three of them gay.

That's just the first thing that comes to mind. I'm not saying racism isn't prevalent in liberal areas, because it is, but generally it's just more closeted.

IM2 said:
You guys always have that one example of blacks doing something to you. But I had to fight whites from k-12 who thought they had the right to jump me because I was black. Then you go to college and have to fight white boys from rural towns who think they get to jump on you because they are superior and I must know my place. And if you are defending yourself here comes the police to handcuff you even if you didn't start the fight. So why go through all that you said at the beginning and just say what you said at the end.
Jumped On You,
And Mob BEAT You ??

I'm Calling Bull-Shit On This Entire Post
Your Credibility Just Went Through The Floor
On Just This One Lie

Glad I Saw It...

I'm The Same Age As You
And Went To Some Predominately Black Schools
Blacks Have It Far Better In White Schools
Than Whites Will Ever Have It In Black Schools
Because Of Bigoted Blacks Like YOU

I started school in 1966. In a small almost all white town. Yes I got jumped on. Whites do that now and they especially did that then. I don't give a damn what age you are punk. Blacks do not have it better in white schools. And what whites have gotten is because of what whites have done and keep doing. Man up and face the consequences of your racist history bitch.

I see that you have a lot of personal experience in dealing with bad people, it is shame they behaved that way since they were supposedly Christians who should have been better people over time. But it was Christians who were among the worst Racists in America back in the 1800's as the infecting stain of the slave trade seeped into them, transforming once decent people into ugly human beings over time. That ugliness carried over after the Civil war ended when the KKK and other groups formed to keep black people down.

For me I have no interest in Reparations, KKK or other wasteful activities because I am busy having a positive lifestyle where I try to treat everyone the same, as we are ALL human beings who should understand there will ALWAYS be some differences whether, cultural, physical or whatever to be hostile again them. To me is it a sign of a people with that hate being presented to others started it because their hearts are filled with trouble in the first place.

Blacks people have been oppressed, enslaved and suffered from the 1700's to 1866, when Slavery was finally abolished by the Republicans in the so called nation of the "free". But a different kind of slavery then sprung up when the Democrats regained control of the South in the late 1870's, promoting terror (KKK) and creating many roadblocks to voting that effectively removed the few Blacks who were holding elective offices in the deep southern stated., always as a Republican. Then for many decades to 1954, Black people were legally kept into a secondary status in the so called "land of the free" because of the STUPID Supreme Court Decision of 1896. The Dreadful Scott decision of 1857 insulted blacks by saying they were NOT Citizens, despite they were born here as he was. It required another Amendment in 1868 to fix that glaring error that wasn't supposed to exist in the first place in the "land of the free", also that SAME Amendment states "equal protection of the laws" SHALL be applied to everyone who is a citizen.

America as the land of the free has NEVER existed since at least 1776.

Last edited:

The question was dumb because in my lifetme I have suffered many such violations because of my race. Asking me what human rights violations have I suffered today is a stupid fucking question that doesn't deserve an answer. It's like me telling you that because your ass was not raped today, women didn't get raped. This is why don't like debating dumb ass whites about racism.

You say stupid shit like this: "...people looking like you are doing to people looking like me are international human rights violations" lolol I can say anything I like to you, and you can like it.

When was the last time a 54 year old white woman like me violated the human rights of a black person like you?

I'm sure if it's as common as you say it is, you can come up with an example.

You say stupid shit like this: "...people looking like you are doing to people looking like me are international human rights violations" lolol I can say anything I like to you, and you can like it.

When was the last time a 54 year old white woman like me violated the human rights of a black person like you?

This is one of the problems I have about people like him who continually focus on the past when legally blacks were indeed oppressed for 200 years. Since 1965 they are 100% under the same laws as everybody else, yet they continue to rail against the "evil white" people over 50 years later.

Is it a coincidence that the once strong black family started falling apart in the 1960's, when begin to vote for their former legal oppressors of the Democrat party in increasingly overwhelming numbers?

IM2 said:
You guys always have that one example of blacks doing something to you. But I had to fight whites from k-12 who thought they had the right to jump me because I was black. Then you go to college and have to fight white boys from rural towns who think they get to jump on you because they are superior and I must know my place. And if you are defending yourself here comes the police to handcuff you even if you didn't start the fight. So why go through all that you said at the beginning and just say what you said at the end.
Jumped On You,
And Mob BEAT You ??

On Just This One Lie

Glad I Saw It...

I'm The Same Age As You

I started school in 1966. In a small almost all white town. Yes I got jumped on. Whites do that now and they especially did that then. I don't give a damn what age you are punk. Blacks do not have it better in white schools. And what whites have gotten is because of what whites have done and keep doing. Man up and face the consequences of your racist history bitch.

I see that you have a lot of personal experience in dealing with bad people, it is shame they behaved that way since they were supposedly Christians who should have been better people over time. But it was Christians who were among the worst Racists in America back in the 1800's as the infecting stain of the slave trade seeped into them, transforming once decent people into ugly human beings over time. That ugliness carried over after the Civil war ended when the KKK and other groups formed to keep black people down.

For me I have no interest in Reparations, KKK or other wasteful activities because I am busy having a positive lifestyle where I try to treat everyone the same, as we are ALL human beings who should understand there will ALWAYS be some differences whether, cultural, physical or whatever to be hostile again them. To me is it a sign of a people with that hate being presented to others started it because their hearts are filled with trouble in the first place.

Blacks people have been oppressed, enslaved and suffered from the 1700's to 1866, when Slavery was finally abolished by the Republicans in the so called nation of the "free". But a different kind of slavery then sprung up when the Democrats regained control of the South in the late 1870's, promoting terror (KKK) and creating many roadblocks to voting that effectively removed the few Blacks who were holding elective offices in the deep southern stated., always as a Republican. Then for many decades to 1954, Black people were legally kept into a secondary status in the so called "land of the free" because of the STUPID Supreme Court Decision of 1896. The Dreadful Scott decision of 1857 insulted blacks by saying they were NOT Citizens, despite they were born here as he was. It required another Amendment in 1868 to fix that glaring error that wasn't supposed to exist in the first place in the "land of the free", also that SAME Amendment states "equal protection of the laws" SHALL be applied to everyone who is a citizen.

Whites do these things, the political party is irrelevant. Words written on paper don't really change things. Republicans started the lily white movement and did nothing to stop jim crow. So again, it's not about the political party.

This is one of the problems I have about people like him who continually focus on the past when legally blacks were indeed oppressed for 200 years. Since 1965 they are 100% under the same laws as everybody else, yet they continue to rail against the "evil white" people over 50 years later.

Is it a coincidence that the once strong black family started falling apart in the 1960's, when begin to vote for their former legal oppressors of the Democrat party in increasingly overwhelming numbers?

I'm not focusing on the past.

50 years after the Kerner Commission: African Americans are better off in many ways but are still disadvantaged by racial inequality
Report • By Janelle Jones, John Schmitt, and Valerie Wilson • February 26, 2018

The year 1968 was a watershed in American history and black America’s ongoing fight for equality. In April of that year, Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis and riots broke out in cities around the country. Rising against this tragedy, the Civil Rights Act of 1968 outlawing housing discrimination was signed into law. Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their fists in a black power salute as they received their medals at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City. Arthur Ashe became the first African American to win the U.S. Open singles title, and Shirley Chisholm became the first African American woman elected to the House of Representatives.

The same year, the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders, better known as the Kerner Commission, delivered a report to President Johnson examining the causes of civil unrest in African American communities. The report named “white racism”—leading to “pervasive discrimination in employment, education and housing”—as the culprit, and the report’s authors called for a commitment to “the realization of common opportunities for all within a single [racially undivided] society.”1 The Kerner Commission report pulled together a comprehensive array of data to assess the specific economic and social inequities confronting African Americans in 1968.

Where do we stand as a society today? In this brief report, we compare the state of black workers and their families in 1968 with the circumstances of their descendants today, 50 years after the Kerner report was released. We find both good news and bad news. While African Americans are in many ways better off in absolute terms than they were in 1968, they are still disadvantaged in important ways relative to whites. In several important respects, African Americans have actually lost ground relative to whites, and, in a few cases, even relative to African Americans in 1968.

Following are some of the key findings:

• African Americans today are much better educated than they were in 1968 but still lag behind whites in overall educational attainment. More than 90 percent of younger African Americans (ages 25 to 29) have graduated from high school, compared with just over half in 1968—which means they’ve nearly closed the gap with white high school graduation rates. They are also more than twice as likely to have a college degree as in 1968 but are still half as likely as young whites to have a college degree.
  • The substantial progress in educational attainment of African Americans has been accompanied by significant absolute improvements in wages, incomes, wealth, and health since 1968. But black workers still make only 82.5 cents on every dollar earned by white workers, African Americans are 2.5 times as likely to be in poverty as whites, and the median white family has almost 10 times as much wealth as the median black family.
  • With respect to homeownership, unemployment, and incarceration, America has failed to deliver any progress for African Americans over the last five decades. In these areas, their situation has either failed to improve relative to whites or has worsened. In 2017 the black unemployment rate was 7.5 percent, up from 6.7 percent in 1968, and is still roughly twice the white unemployment rate. In 2015, the black homeownership rate was just over 40 percent, virtually unchanged since 1968, and trailing a full 30 points behind the white homeownership rate, which saw modest gains over the same period. And the share of African Americans in prison or jail almost tripled between 1968 and 2016 and is currently more than six times the white incarceration rate.
50 years after the Kerner Commission: African Americans are better off in many ways but are still disadvantaged by racial inequality

Republicans were mostly northerners back in the past you focus on about while telling me how I focus on the past. Today, now, republicans are mostly southerners. So stop repeating the lie.

Another dumb ass question. You got a 72 year old white man in the white house and a 71 year old AG doing it every day.

IM2 said:
Jumped On You,
And Mob BEAT You ??

On Just This One Lie

Glad I Saw It...

I'm The Same Age As You

Whites do these things, the political party is irrelevant. Words written on paper don't really change things. Republicans started the lily white movement and did nothing to stop jim crow. So again, it's not about the political party.

Gee, in the 1800's BOTH Democrats and Republicans were White, but only the Republicans ended Slavery, Granted Citizenship and the right to vote, meanwhile "black codes" were 100% enacted by Democrats, not a single Republican passed such ugliness. It was the Democrats who created the KKK, lynched many people, mostly blacks as part of their terror effort to keep blacks under control. Republicans did try to shut down the KKK and enforce the three liberating amendments in 1870.

It is the WHITE DEMOCRATS who went out of their way to oppress blacks for another 100 years after the end of the Civil War, yet TODAY blacks are overwhelmingly voting the very political party who show hate and oppression towards them openly for 135 years. That is incredible!

It was the DEMOCRATS who pushed to oppress blacks from the end of the Civil War onwards, they still do it today too.

I'm not focusing on the past.

Report • By Janelle Jones, John Schmitt, and Valerie Wilson • February 26, 2018

The year 1968 was a watershed in American history and black America’s ongoing fight for equality. In April of that year, Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis and riots broke out in cities around the country. Rising against this tragedy, the Civil Rights Act of 1968 outlawing housing discrimination was signed into law. Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their fists in a black power salute as they received their medals at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City. Arthur Ashe became the first African American to win the U.S. Open singles title, and Shirley Chisholm became the first African American woman elected to the House of Representatives.

The same year, the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders, better known as the Kerner Commission, delivered a report to President Johnson examining the causes of civil unrest in African American communities. The report named “white racism”—leading to “pervasive discrimination in employment, education and housing”—as the culprit, and the report’s authors called for a commitment to “the realization of common opportunities for all within a single [racially undivided] society.”1 The Kerner Commission report pulled together a comprehensive array of data to assess the specific economic and social inequities confronting African Americans in 1968.

Where do we stand as a society today? In this brief report, we compare the state of black workers and their families in 1968 with the circumstances of their descendants today, 50 years after the Kerner report was released. We find both good news and bad news. While African Americans are in many ways better off in absolute terms than they were in 1968, they are still disadvantaged in important ways relative to whites. In several important respects, African Americans have actually lost ground relative to whites, and, in a few cases, even relative to African Americans in 1968.

Following are some of the key findings:

• African Americans today are much better educated than they were in 1968 but still lag behind whites in overall educational attainment. More than 90 percent of younger African Americans (ages 25 to 29) have graduated from high school, compared with just over half in 1968—which means they’ve nearly closed the gap with white high school graduation rates. They are also more than twice as likely to have a college degree as in 1968 but are still half as likely as young whites to have a college degree.
  • The substantial progress in educational attainment of African Americans has been accompanied by significant absolute improvements in wages, incomes, wealth, and health since 1968. But black workers still make only 82.5 cents on every dollar earned by white workers, African Americans are 2.5 times as likely to be in poverty as whites, and the median white family has almost 10 times as much wealth as the median black family.
  • With respect to homeownership, unemployment, and incarceration, America has failed to deliver any progress for African Americans over the last five decades. In these areas, their situation has either failed to improve relative to whites or has worsened. In 2017 the black unemployment rate was 7.5 percent, up from 6.7 percent in 1968, and is still roughly twice the white unemployment rate. In 2015, the black homeownership rate was just over 40 percent, virtually unchanged since 1968, and trailing a full 30 points behind the white homeownership rate, which saw modest gains over the same period. And the share of African Americans in prison or jail almost tripled between 1968 and 2016 and is currently more than six times the white incarceration rate.

Republicans were mostly northerners back in the past you focus on about while telling me how I focus on the past. Today, now, republicans are mostly southerners. So stop repeating the lie.

Gee you have a serious problem with History since it was the REPUBLICANS who legally ended Slavery, gave them Citizenship and the Right to Vote, between 1865-1870.
Democrats OPPOSED it every step of the way.

Heck Democrats fought against the Civil Rights drive in the 1950's too, It took a few WHITE moderate democrats from Northern states to finally overcome the overt anti black Democrat southern Segregationists that were at the time dominating the deep southern states in 1964 to end the opposition, which REPUBLICANS voted YES overwhelmingly in favor, while Democrats gave it a significant majority yes voting.

So I'm a white guy. Just going off recent experience, yesterday I watched Blackkklansman in a Portland theater and it was hard to watch, mainly because I noticed I had to stop myself from laughing or smiling at certain parts that were really f'ed up. My impression was that that was the question the movie was putting to white people: "So, did you think it was funny? Did you like it?" Nothing was funny about that movie and yet it was making me realize that whether I want it there or not, like most white people, I've got a little racist living inside me.

There were a few black people in the theater and there was one black guy in the back who was laughing throughout the movie, especially at the racist scenes. Eventually someone shushed him and he blew up, "Don't you f'ing tell me to shut up! They keep saying it over and over, "N****r this! N****r that! N*****r! N****r! N****r! F*** this movie! F*** all you white mother-*******!"

He kept shouting and hitting the wall until an usher made him leave the theater, and after the movie the usher started apologizing to people leaving for the interruption. I told him I don't think he should be apologizing, and that while I get what he's saying, there's a bigger issue going on than just "he interrupted the movie." I said I don't think that was a movie you're meant to enjoy and I was glad that guy had been there.

So the friends I was with said, "I don't get why he got so mad." and in truth, I don't think I get it either, but what I do think I get if nothing else is this: That guy might have seemed angry to some people, but all I heard was someone really, really hurt. Like, beyond hurt.

I know a bit about pain - I tried to kill myself when I was a teenager; like, seriously tried to kill myself, with a note and everything and wound up in the hospital. And I'm a pretty sensitive guy. And I'm saying, I'm not sure even in my worst moments I have ever been as upset as that guy sounded to me. He didn't seem crazy - up until the moment some one told him to be quiet he sounded like a normal guy, and a normal person doesn't get that upset, they just don't.

And I've heard that kind of hurt from a lot of black people I've known or met, something deep, something carnal, and it's not about them - it's about white people. Not just the out-in-the-open racists but white people everywhere, esp. in the U.S., who won't acknowledge that something really twisted and sick is going on in this world and black people have been taking the brunt of it for a long time.

White people like to talk about equivalence a lot: "Well, maybe this black person has endured racism but racism against whites is real too." or "Well, I'm sure black people are having a hard time but that's no excuse for interrupting a movie, that was really distressing to me."

Well, maybe it's about time white people started getting distressed. Because, this is just the sense I'm getting but I just don't think any pain white people endure in their lives is really comparable to what black people endure from living in a racist society. People like to say, "Well pain is pain, let's not dismiss what anyone's going through" but in truth I think white people who complain about racism against whites are wimps and are the very deepest level of pathetic. If you're white like me, this is my message to you - we don't know what real racism feels like so let's keep our mouths shut about what we don't know and listen for a change.

What a pathetic self-hating little shit you are. How can you even bear to look at yourself in the mirror every day?

View attachment 212680

Saying things have improved or saying things are better is not saying it has ended. When the words it has ended has been proven and said, if blacks are still talking about how whites are racist, then you can call blacks racists for assuming a person is racist because they are white.

The
So I'm a white guy. Just going off recent experience, yesterday I watched Blackkklansman in a Portland theater and it was hard to watch, mainly because I noticed I had to stop myself from laughing or smiling at certain parts that were really f'ed up. My impression was that that was the question the movie was putting to white people: "So, did you think it was funny? Did you like it?" Nothing was funny about that movie and yet it was making me realize that whether I want it there or not, like most white people, I've got a little racist living inside me.

There were a few black people in the theater and there was one black guy in the back who was laughing throughout the movie, especially at the racist scenes. Eventually someone shushed him and he blew up, "Don't you f'ing tell me to shut up! They keep saying it over and over, "N****r this! N****r that! N*****r! N****r! N****r! F*** this movie! F*** all you white mother-*******!"

He kept shouting and hitting the wall until an usher made him leave the theater, and after the movie the usher started apologizing to people leaving for the interruption. I told him I don't think he should be apologizing, and that while I get what he's saying, there's a bigger issue going on than just "he interrupted the movie." I said I don't think that was a movie you're meant to enjoy and I was glad that guy had been there.

So the friends I was with said, "I don't get why he got so mad." and in truth, I don't think I get it either, but what I do think I get if nothing else is this: That guy might have seemed angry to some people, but all I heard was someone really, really hurt. Like, beyond hurt.

I know a bit about pain - I tried to kill myself when I was a teenager; like, seriously tried to kill myself, with a note and everything and wound up in the hospital. And I'm a pretty sensitive guy. And I'm saying, I'm not sure even in my worst moments I have ever been as upset as that guy sounded to me. He didn't seem crazy - up until the moment some one told him to be quiet he sounded like a normal guy, and a normal person doesn't get that upset, they just don't.

And I've heard that kind of hurt from a lot of black people I've known or met, something deep, something carnal, and it's not about them - it's about white people. Not just the out-in-the-open racists but white people everywhere, esp. in the U.S., who won't acknowledge that something really twisted and sick is going on in this world and black people have been taking the brunt of it for a long time.

White people like to talk about equivalence a lot: "Well, maybe this black person has endured racism but racism against whites is real too." or "Well, I'm sure black people are having a hard time but that's no excuse for interrupting a movie, that was really distressing to me."

Well, maybe it's about time white people started getting distressed. Because, this is just the sense I'm getting but I just don't think any pain white people endure in their lives is really comparable to what black people endure from living in a racist society. People like to say, "Well pain is pain, let's not dismiss what anyone's going through" but in truth I think white people who complain about racism against whites are wimps and are the very deepest level of pathetic. If you're white like me, this is my message to you - we don't know what real racism feels like so let's keep our mouths shut about what we don't know and listen for a change.

well lets see, when one of my cousins in Reno NV was a teenager he got jumped by three black kids who beat him with a combination lock on a bike chain. he thought it was racist at the time, so does that make him really pathetic? people arnt allowed to comment on life as we experience it?

Me thinkest thou thinkest too hard. Maybe everyone in the movie theatre didnt catch the nuances in the guys voice that you did. Thats a possibility. Maybe they didn't quite know if he was upset about the movie... or something else.

But in general, your correct, Black people have suffered much more racism in America. History proves that.

What I said at the end is true. By far blacks HAVE endured more racism in the US than anyone else. But the rest of my response to the OP ...(("Well pain is pain, let's not dismiss what anyone's going through" but in truth I think white people who complain about racism against whites are wimps and are the very deepest level of pathetic. If you're white like me, this is my message to you - we don't know what real racism feels like so let's keep our mouths shut about what we don't know and listen for a change.)))

Is that being a victim of Racism is subjective. Of course the racism someone experiences as a white, an asian or a latino is not going to be the same as someone who is black but it doesn't make someones experience any less real. We are all human beings and understanding the entire human experience is pretty helpful.

So in having a discussion on race, all white people are suposed to keep our mouth shut and have no back and forth discussion on experiences? Because it seems like every time a white person mentions something... its simply called deflecting or 'Trying to Impose their white privilage and wants everyone to listen to their white man opinion which is more important than anyone elses'.... I would never Equate an experience I had with that of an African American , because it would be quite different.
People can listen back and forth on both sides to understand each other a whole lot better.

I'm listening but what I hear is a bunch of white people trying to tell me what they have experienced is the same thing we have and that we need to shut up talking about it. Your experience hasn't continued for your entire life and whites are not here telling you to forget it. Your claim of racism will not be denied by whites here, nor will you have to hear about how you need to do something about the problems in your community instead of complaining about the racism you say you faced. You will not be told how you are jealous of whites or that you are blaming racism for all your failures. Then if you detail how you fought through racism to make it, you aren't told how you shouldn't be complaining because apparently there is no racism because you made it.

This is consistent racism you have never faced.

Most of what whites say here is them telling us what we see doesn't happen. That's why I'll tell any white person doing that to shut up because you are white and don't know.

Some of you whites here have a major problem. You guys think you get to dictate everything. There are things you as whites need to listen to instead of always offering your opinions. You talked about a family member getting beat up and how that was racism . What you don't seem to get is how white racism contributed to the anger that made those blacks do what they did. You guys don't seem to get how there are consequences to all behavior and whites are not immune to that. You guys lecture us us all about responsibility and consequences of choices, then refuse to see what the consequences of continuing white racism contains. Instead you want to talk about what happened to you or a relative when you were a kid, but many of you whites here don't want to admit how this system continually beats up people of color for life while you don't ever have to face that.

I hear you and I am listening to what your saying..... but when you say for white people dictate everything? I don't see that here. You get to give your opinion, and other people get to give theirs. I mean this is the U.S. Message board. everyone should get an equal chance . The fact that some people may dispute your opinion, i cant help that. People have disputed mine and called me a liar for posting real life experiences... Oh well. That just comes with the territory.
And anyway.. I'm not saying you havn't faced racism all your life

Just because a white person tells you their experience.... why do you always think they are trying to create an equivalency? that wasn't even what I did in mentioning my cousin. First of all I was responding to a WHITE guy. And look at the point I was making.... hey... if you get hit in the head with a lock, you get a right to have an opinion on that.

How is that me saying whites suffer the same as blacks? I'm not even going to bother posting any of my own experiences regarding race relations... because no matter what I say it will be taken out of context... its just not worth the time to type it.

Quote:
"well lets see, when one of my cousins in Reno NV was a teenager he got jumped by three black kids who beat him with a combination lock on a bike chain. he thought it was racist at the time, so does that make him really pathetic? people arnt allowed to comment on life as we experience it?"

View attachment 212680

Saying things have improved or saying things are better is not saying it has ended. When the words it has ended has been proven and said, if blacks are still talking about how whites are racist, then you can call blacks racists for assuming a person is racist because they are white.

The

well lets see, when one of my cousins in Reno NV was a teenager he got jumped by three black kids who beat him with a combination lock on a bike chain. he thought it was racist at the time, so does that make him really pathetic? people arnt allowed to comment on life as we experience it?

Me thinkest thou thinkest too hard. Maybe everyone in the movie theatre didnt catch the nuances in the guys voice that you did. Thats a possibility. Maybe they didn't quite know if he was upset about the movie... or something else.

But in general, your correct, Black people have suffered much more racism in America. History proves that.

What I said at the end is true. By far blacks HAVE endured more racism in the US than anyone else. But the rest of my response to the OP ...(("Well pain is pain, let's not dismiss what anyone's going through" but in truth I think white people who complain about racism against whites are wimps and are the very deepest level of pathetic. If you're white like me, this is my message to you - we don't know what real racism feels like so let's keep our mouths shut about what we don't know and listen for a change.)))

Is that being a victim of Racism is subjective. Of course the racism someone experiences as a white, an asian or a latino is not going to be the same as someone who is black but it doesn't make someones experience any less real. We are all human beings and understanding the entire human experience is pretty helpful.

So in having a discussion on race, all white people are suposed to keep our mouth shut and have no back and forth discussion on experiences? Because it seems like every time a white person mentions something... its simply called deflecting or 'Trying to Impose their white privilage and wants everyone to listen to their white man opinion which is more important than anyone elses'.... I would never Equate an experience I had with that of an African American , because it would be quite different.
People can listen back and forth on both sides to understand each other a whole lot better.

I'm listening but what I hear is a bunch of white people trying to tell me what they have experienced is the same thing we have and that we need to shut up talking about it. Your experience hasn't continued for your entire life and whites are not here telling you to forget it. Your claim of racism will not be denied by whites here, nor will you have to hear about how you need to do something about the problems in your community instead of complaining about the racism you say you faced. You will not be told how you are jealous of whites or that you are blaming racism for all your failures. Then if you detail how you fought through racism to make it, you aren't told how you shouldn't be complaining because apparently there is no racism because you made it.

Most of what whites say here is them telling us what we see doesn't happen. That's why I'll tell any white person doing that to shut up because you are white and don't know.

Some of you whites here have a major problem. You guys think you get to dictate everything. There are things you as whites need to listen to instead of always offering your opinions. You talked about a family member getting beat up and how that was racism . What you don't seem to get is how white racism contributed to the anger that made those blacks do what they did. You guys don't seem to get how there are consequences to all behavior and whites are not immune to that. You guys lecture us us all about responsibility and consequences of choices, then refuse to see what the consequences of continuing white racism contains. Instead you want to talk about what happened to you or a relative when you were a kid, but many of you whites here don't want to admit how this system continually beats up people of color for life while you don't ever have to face that.

I hear you and I am listening to what your saying..... but when you say for white people dictate everything? I don't see that here. You get to give your opinion, and other people get to give theirs. I mean this is the U.S. Message board. everyone should get an equal chance . The fact that some people may dispute your opinion, i cant help that. People have disputed mine and called me a liar for posting real life experiences... Oh well. That just comes with the territory.

Just because a white person tells you their experience.... why do you always think they are trying to create an equivalency? that wasn't even what I did in mentioning my cousin. First of all I was responding to a WHITE guy. And look at the point I was making.... hey... if you get hit in the head with a lock, you get a right to have an opinion on that.

How is that me saying whites suffer the same as blacks? I'm not even going to bother posting any of my own experiences regarding race relations... because no matter what I say it will be taken out of context... its just not worth the time to type it.

Quote:
"well lets see, when one of my cousins in Reno NV was a teenager he got jumped by three black kids who beat him with a combination lock on a bike chain. he thought it was racist at the time, so does that make him really pathetic? people arnt allowed to comment on life as we experience it?"

We don't get equal chances on these boards. I have posted treads that got shut down after 3-4 posts because a moderator sad it was a baiting thread but whites start baiting threads all over the place with moderators participating in the baiting. That needs to stop. We get jumped on by whites here when we post our opinions for making things about race in the race and racism. You do whatever you feel you think you must do, but whites have dictated this conversation for all of US history and we are still here arguing about racism. So perhaps it's time whites started listening to us.

View attachment 212680

The

Quote:

We don't get equal chances on these boards. I have posted treads that got shut down after 3-4 posts because a moderator sad it was a baiting thread but whites start baiting threads all over the place with moderators participating in the baiting. That needs to stop. We get jumped on by whites here when we post our opinions for making things about race in the race and racism. You do whatever you feel you think you must do, but whites have dictated this conversation for all of US history and we are still here arguing about racism. So perhaps it's time whites started listening to us.

If moderators are really being biased then I agree with you. I know some have been shut down before for foul language or calls for violence if memory serves me correct. but I wasn't aware of yours.

Forum List

Back