Why when gold standard is discussed, are no other materials mentioned.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
I have been thinking that it might not be a good idea to use a single resource to back our currency. I have been thinking that a mixture of resources could be used. For example, helium and beryllium would be good candidates as well because the United States is by far the top producer in the world of those elements.

Helium is priced at $75.75 for 1,000 cubic feet and there is a growing shortage of it. This would mean that a cubic mile would be valued at 11.15 billion dollars. The US hoarding cubic miles of it would likely drive the price up.

Beryllium is priced at $1 per gram, or 28 dollars an ounce. However, if we start hoarding it, that would go up.

The best options would be Gold, Helium, and Beryllium in my opinion. Uranium is another option because its radioactive nature and 19 g/cm3 density would make it easy to verify its purity (the things more dense are more expensive I believe). Lead containers would make it safe for storage and transportation.

And if we didn't compress the helium we could use it to offset the weight of your lead and unranium.

I have been thinking that it might not be a good idea to use a single resource to back our currency. I have been thinking that a mixture of resources could be used. For example, helium and beryllium would be good candidates as well because the United States is by far the top producer in the world of those elements.

Helium is priced at $75.75 for 1,000 cubic feet and there is a growing shortage of it. This would mean that a cubic mile would be valued at 11.15 billion dollars. The US hoarding cubic miles of it would likely drive the price up.

Beryllium is priced at $1 per gram, or 28 dollars an ounce. However, if we start hoarding it, that would go up.

The best options would be Gold, Helium, and Beryllium in my opinion. Uranium is another option because its radioactive nature and 19 g/cm3 density would make it easy to verify its purity (the things more dense are more expensive I believe). Lead containers would make it safe for storage and transportation.
How about adding diamonds to the mix, ie CARBON?

History. Gold and silver have been valuable forever.

Forum List

Back