Question regarding North Dakota

Lincoln1976

Aug 4, 2019
Stirling,Scotland/UK
Hi ya'll,

so,as you know,I still have the misfortune to live in Scotland at the moment...however,there is a silver lining at the horizone with me securing a job offer from a company in North Dakota,Williston area.

Now,it is a bit hard to get insight info on said area,since we have the "luck" to have a fascist EU wannabe superstate which basically censores the internet (article 13,cause you know: can't have those minions just go off and find out things for themselves)...it hampers my ability to stay on pulse with the oil sector there.
I am not employed in the oil sector,yet it effects of course everything from housing to general cost of living.So far,it seems that it has been humming along,clear of the peak of 2012 (thankfully) and apparently,they had some lay-offs there,but as I've said: I can't get more infos...

Does anyone here happens to live there or near enough to know about the situation there?It would be much appreciated to get some insight.

Cheers

I don't live there but if you are a diesel mechanic you will be hired like a shot. Those bad boys require a ton of maintenance to keep the oil pumping. Hope that helps.

Hi ya'll,

so,as you know,I still have the misfortune to live in Scotland at the moment...however,there is a silver lining at the horizone with me securing a job offer from a company in North Dakota,Williston area.

Now,it is a bit hard to get insight info on said area,since we have the "luck" to have a fascist EU wannabe superstate which basically censores the internet (article 13,cause you know: can't have those minions just go off and find out things for themselves)...it hampers my ability to stay on pulse with the oil sector there.
I am not employed in the oil sector,yet it effects of course everything from housing to general cost of living.So far,it seems that it has been humming along,clear of the peak of 2012 (thankfully) and apparently,they had some lay-offs there,but as I've said: I can't get more infos...

Does anyone here happens to live there or near enough to know about the situation there?It would be much appreciated to get some insight.

Cheers
Now where did we put that oil rig?

oil-field2.sp_.jpg

Just get over here. Get out of there! We need more Europeans in America. The economy is doing well, and if you have a trade to ply you can probably secure work in the oil fields. If not you can find work till you can get what you want. That's what built this country. Europeans with the guts to take a chance. I am so happy my family left that dank island many moons ago...do it!

Only 14 people live there, so you'll have plenty of space.

I only read the title too. Sorry.

You won't need an air conditioner in ND but your heating bill will cost more than you earn.

Hi ya'll,

Cheers
When I was there last ( about five years ago) there was a slow down due to oil prices dropping. From what I understand it is still rather busy. The area around Williston used to be extremely busy. Housing was limited to living in motel rooms or RVs. They were building new housing but it was not coming even close to keeping up with demand. I heard from a freind that they had over 700 openings about six months ago.
Winters are rather cold. A lot of wind. Not unusual to see 10 or 20 below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Summer's can get into the 90-100. Most of summer is around 80.
Located on the prairie so seems mostly flat country. But flat is relative.

Hope some of this helps.

Forum List

Back