Why We Need More, Not Less, Government

I get massive government subsidies to drive 1/4 mile to Rouses to get some boudin and French bread?

Who knew?

Yeah. You do. Your car was probably made by a company that got massive taxbreaks and/or bailouts. The road you drove on wouldn't exist if it weren't for the government. The government funds your way of life.

The government doesn't fund anything without the permission of the people.
But they sure as Hell can steal it.

"Increased government efforts could do much more to improve our lives in significant ways."In the face of increasing threats to our wellbeing and the inability of the market or individual efforts to effectively address them, we need to expand public sector programs.

For decades, conservatives have been pushing for smaller government, and have consistently called for reduced social spending, less regulation, and more tax cuts. But not everyone agrees. When the financial crisis hit in the fall of 2008 and the economy began to melt down, suddenly there were calls for bigger and more active government. Many people wanted a massive federal stimulus plan to ward off an economic depression, and others demanded the widespread re-regulation of financial markets to prevent a recurrence of these problems.
Government is Good - Why We Need More, Not Less, Government

Your post is ignorant and buffoonish beyond belief. :D It was precisely GOVERNMENT which caused the 2008 financial crisis, the ultimate result of the Community Reinvestment Act and the artificially low interest rates created by the Fed. Demanding more government in light of what's happened is like administering more poison to a patient who has been poisoned and nearly died from it.

What did the CRA do to cause the 2008 crisis?

I get massive government subsidies to drive 1/4 mile to Rouses to get some boudin and French bread?

Who knew?

Yeah. You do. Your car was probably made by a company that got massive taxbreaks and/or bailouts. The road you drove on wouldn't exist if it weren't for the government. The government funds your way of life.

The government doesn't fund anything without the permission of the people.

Thats BS, show me the specific permission of the people to fund the illegals with social services. I think you, as our governor in the state of Maryland would discover that the vast majority of Americans would rather see that money spent closing the border and shipping the unwashed bean eaters back..

"Increased government efforts could do much more to improve our lives in significant ways."In the face of increasing threats to our wellbeing and the inability of the market or individual efforts to effectively address them, we need to expand public sector programs.

For decades, conservatives have been pushing for smaller government, and have consistently called for reduced social spending, less regulation, and more tax cuts. But not everyone agrees. When the financial crisis hit in the fall of 2008 and the economy began to melt down, suddenly there were calls for bigger and more active government. Many people wanted a massive federal stimulus plan to ward off an economic depression, and others demanded the widespread re-regulation of financial markets to prevent a recurrence of these problems.

Your post is ignorant and buffoonish beyond belief. :D It was precisely GOVERNMENT which caused the 2008 financial crisis, the ultimate result of the Community Reinvestment Act and the artificially low interest rates created by the Fed. Demanding more government in light of what's happened is like administering more poison to a patient who has been poisoned and nearly died from it.

Ask yer pals Bawney Fwank and Chis Dodd...They were forcing banks to allow loans to people that coulsn't afford it to start with dipshit.

HUH?

Do you live in a foxhole?

Ask yer pals Bawney Fwank and Chis Dodd...They were forcing banks to allow loans to people that coulsn't afford it to start with dipshit.

I am asking Panty-wad Patrick who made the statement. And without any proof, you can join him as well. Among the experts, no one believes that rightwing tripe, so show some proof or STFU.:lol:

I am asking Panty-wad Patrick who made the statement. And without ny proof, you can join him as well. Among the experts, no one believes that rightwing tripe, so show some proof or STFU.:lol:
PROOF is all over the place moron. Do your own homework...and has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards. See the search function? Use it or do you need your mommy to help you?

HUH?

Do you live in a foxhole?

Huh? Do you suck dick under the robe?

I am asking Panty-wad Patrick who made the statement. And without any proof, you can join him as well. Among the experts, no one believes that rightwing tripe, so show some proof or STFU.:lol:

Not a right winger, but you can believe them on that one.

I am asking Panty-wad Patrick who made the statement. And without ny proof, you can join him as well. Among the experts, no one believes that rightwing tripe, so show some proof or STFU.:lol:
PROOF is all over the place moron. Do your own homework...and has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards. See the search function? Use it or do you need your mommy to help you?

I did my homework, but it is contingent on your proving the shit running out of your mouth. Now either back it up with facts, or STFU.:lol:

The CRA had absolutely nothing to do with the collapse. Zero. Zilch. And the "artificially low interest rates" were set by the Bush administration in an effort to "Starve the Beast" and give corporations cheap cash they could sit on or buy back stock.

Artificially low interest rates "Starve the Beast"? Please explain how.
After you sober up.

The experts disagree. Go find another pony to mount, because you are wrong, and as you notice, they can't back up their BS and there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

The experts disagree. Go find another pony to mount, because you are wrong, and as you notice, they can't back up their BS and there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.
Translation: Gobbldygook

"There isn´t any worse blind man that the one who doesn´t want to see"

Translation: Gobbldygook

Translation. I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, but it is the sound bite the republicans told me to parrot until someone believes it is so.

FACTs moron, get the FACTs, do your homework..................:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back