Why We Need More, Not Less, Government

Because "we" are mentally retarded parasites?

Lead the way chief. Get up off your ass and go into the wilderness. Clear some land..farm maybe..hunt. Go on. Try it. No gubmint for a year or so.

If you make it..you can let us all know how it went.

:lol:

Government brings food to the store and built your home? Really?

They control the water and sewer so they do that right, but so did the Romans.

Da gubment do it all fer ya don't you know just ask the sock puppets

"Increased government efforts could do much more to improve our lives in significant ways."In the face of increasing threats to our wellbeing and the inability of the market or individual efforts to effectively address them, we need to expand public sector programs.

For decades, conservatives have been pushing for smaller government, and have consistently called for reduced social spending, less regulation, and more tax cuts. But not everyone agrees. When the financial crisis hit in the fall of 2008 and the economy began to melt down, suddenly there were calls for bigger and more active government. Many people wanted a massive federal stimulus plan to ward off an economic depression, and others demanded the widespread re-regulation of financial markets to prevent a recurrence of these problems.
Government is Good - Why We Need More, Not Less, Government

Your post is ignorant and buffoonish beyond belief. :D It was precisely GOVERNMENT which caused the 2008 financial crisis, the ultimate result of the Community Reinvestment Act and the artificially low interest rates created by the Fed. Demanding more government in light of what's happened is like administering more poison to a patient who has been poisoned and nearly died from it.

The CRA had absolutely nothing to do with the collapse. Zero. Zilch. And the "artificially low interest rates" were set by the Bush administration in an effort to "Starve the Beast" and give corporations cheap cash they could sit on or buy back stock.

The Bush Administration, or any administration, does not set interest rates.
Dumbshit.

Because "we" are mentally retarded parasites?

Lead the way chief. Get up off your ass and go into the wilderness. Clear some land..farm maybe..hunt. Go on. Try it. No gubmint for a year or so.

You mean da gubment do it fer me? just like obama taking care of everyone.

Yeah man.

The reason we celebrate Thanksgiving is to show our appreciation to the Navajo Nation. As soon as the pilgrims disembarked from the Mayflower government bureaucrats were there to take them to the local welfare office in Chesapeake Bay , Virginia.

My gawd, that article is one piece of GARBAGE.

All the people who WANT or thinks they need MORE GOVERNMENT, should move to China, North Korea, Venezuela.

have a good life

I'm becoming convinced that every form of government and every kind of economy ultimately leads us down the road to totalitarian.

While certainly some kinds of government and some kinds of economic systems are far better than others, NONE are capable of preventing those in charge from feathering their own nests at the expense of the society as a whole.

Every government seems to suffer from the basic problem that POWER CORRUPTS

I humbly disagree on two points.

First, there is a form of government that doesn't lead to totalitarian: Self-Government. Unfortunately, because people refuse to exercise that form, we get stuck with the rest.

Second, power doesn't corrupt people. People corrupt power. Power just reveals the corruption in us that was always there.

Government brings food to the store and built your home? Really?

They control the water and sewer so they do that right, but so did the Romans.

Wanna try getting that food to your store and then home without massive government subsidies and the government building the transportation systems necessary?

I get massive government subsidies to drive 1/4 mile to Rouses to get some boudin and French bread?

Who knew?

First off, Conservatives see government as the necessary vehicle for the collection of taxes to provide basic infrastructure, protection, etc.

We just don't think the government needs to involved in our health insurance, day care, medical treatments, haircuts, floral arrangements, lawn care, diet, smoking, drinking, funding shrimp on treadmills, cow flatulence, light bulbs, cable TV, broadcast TV, steroids in MLB, football, soccer, drilling for oil, drilling for gas, solar power, free cell phones, etc.

Wanna try getting that food to your store and then home without massive government subsidies and the government building the transportation systems necessary?

I get massive government subsidies to drive 1/4 mile to Rouses to get some boudin and French bread?

Who knew?

Yeah. You do. Your car was probably made by a company that got massive taxbreaks and/or bailouts. The road you drove on wouldn't exist if it weren't for the government. The government funds your way of life.

Sorry pal, the governement funds nothing. People are taxed and then the feds spend most of it on graft and useless bullshit while the roads collapse and our federally mandated pension goes bankrupt, etc.

Last edited:

Who knew?

Yeah. You do. Your car was probably made by a company that got massive taxbreaks and/or bailouts. The road you drove on wouldn't exist if it weren't for the government. The government funds your way of life.

Government isn't necessary to fund any transportation system. Government ought not bail out any car company.

Shit, I had to go spend 1 1/2 hours at the Parish Office building to spend $30 on a permit to replace a fucking $100 toilet. This isn't overreach?

Gimme a break.

Next time I'll just do it with no permit and drop the old toilet off in the Parish Office building parking lot.

Last edited:

"Increased government efforts could do much more to improve our lives in significant ways."In the face of increasing threats to our wellbeing and the inability of the market or individual efforts to effectively address them, we need to expand public sector programs.

For decades, conservatives have been pushing for smaller government, and have consistently called for reduced social spending, less regulation, and more tax cuts. But not everyone agrees. When the financial crisis hit in the fall of 2008 and the economy began to melt down, suddenly there were calls for bigger and more active government. Many people wanted a massive federal stimulus plan to ward off an economic depression, and others demanded the widespread re-regulation of financial markets to prevent a recurrence of these problems.
Government is Good - Why We Need More, Not Less, Government
The BEST they can do is get the fuck out of our way. Protect the borders...and Liberty.

You may put the bong down now. Seriously.

Every time I turn around the gubmint needs more to provide less.. And you pukes praise that like it is a God Send.

Unbelievable.

"Yeah. You do. Your car was probably made by a company that got massive taxbreaks and/or bailouts. The road you drove on wouldn't exist if it weren't for the government. The government funds your way of life."

With all due respect? When the transcontinental railroad was built was that done by the government or by private industry? When Henry Ford developed the Model T was that done by Ford or by the government?

When you say that the government funds my way of life? Do you not realize that said "funding" comes FROM me in the first place? All they've done is take part of my wealth...run it through an incredibly inefficient process known as the government where a large percentage of it is squandered...and then they use what's left to provide something that could have been provided by the private sector in the first place.

Last edited:
"Yeah. You do. Your car was probably made by a company that got massive taxbreaks and/or bailouts. The road you drove on wouldn't exist if it weren't for the government. The government funds your way of life."

With all due respect? When the transcontinental railroad was built was that done by the government or by private industry? When Henry Ford developed the Model T was that done by Ford or by the government?

When you say that the government funds my way of life? Do you not realize that said "funding" comes FROM me in the first place? All they've done is take part of my wealth...run it through an incredibly inefficient process known as the government where a large percentage of it is squandered...and then they use what's left to provide something that could have been provided by the private sector in the first place.

No, they do not realize this because their world view is such the no one is capable of doing anything save toiling away at some shit job, shelling out 70% of their income to the state and then getting a ration of 2 rolls of toilet paper, some rot gut Vodka and a block of cheese and driving it all home in a heavily subsidized Government Volt that can go all of 10 miles and picks up nothing on the radio but NPR.

Last edited:

You mean da gubment do it fer me? just like obama taking care of everyone.

Yeah man.

The reason we celebrate Thanksgiving is to show our appreciation to the Navajo Nation. As soon as the pilgrims disembarked from the Mayflower government bureaucrats were there to take them to the local welfare office in Chesapeake Bay , Virginia.

:eek:

No, they do not realize this because their world view is such the no one is capable of doing anything save toiling away at some shit job, shelling out 70% of their income to the state and then getting a ration of 2 rolls of toilet paper, some rot gut Vodka and a block of cheese and driving it all home in a heavily subsidized Government Volt that can go all of 10 miles and picks up nothing on the radio but NPR.
And as far as Total government control as the Boy King Obama wants? YOU are being generous.

*Better check that* or Obama's prolartariat will be after you for being loose with thier money... ;)

Who knew?

The government doesn't fund anything without the permission of the people.

Forum List

Back