Why we need a public option!

Age will play a huge roll.

Guess what manly man with the automatic weapon? Where they have single payer healthcare, people live longer.

Spare me your death panel bullshit.

And look at the retired soldier, who has had government provided healthcare his whole life, parrot the talking points of the money grubbers.

I am a RETIRED MARINE. Dumb fuck. As for MY medical care? I worked for and earned it, per a CONTRACT of employment with the US Marine Corps. It was not then and is not now just given free to me.

Next time you go to a movie, the airport, or ride public transportation and someone somewhere in your vicinity is coughing, consider the cost of exposure of TB, or even the flu.
Consider the cost to your insurance when a major outbreak of flu results in the uninsured flooding emergency rooms.
Consider the cost when a treatable disease goes untreated and the diabetic or heart patient is admitted to a public hospital for major surgery.
Consider the long term costs when children are not provided proper preventative medical and dental care, and chronic conditions or congenital ailments need constant attention in emergency rooms.

So you want me to throw away what I have for something that is not likely to happen?

FORTUNE 500 2007: Industry: - Revenues, Profits

Look at the rise in profits by the big ones

REVENUES PROFITS
Rank Company 1,000 revenues rank $ millions % change from 2005 $ millions % change from 2005
1 UnitedHealth Group 21 71,542 58 4,159 26
2 Wellpoint 35 56,953 26 3,095 26
3 Aetna 85 25,569 12 1,702 4
4 Humana 110 21,417 49 487 58
5 Cigna 139 16,547 -1 1,155 -29
6 Health Net 189 12,908 8 329 43
7 Coventry Health Care 313 7,734 17 560 12
8 WellCare Health Plans 551 3,763 100 139 168
9 Amerigroup 676 2,835 22 107 100
10 Centene 792 2,279 51 -44 -178
11 Medical Mutual of Ohio 847 2,039 10 100 57
12 Molina Healthcare 858 2,005 22 46 66
13 Sierra Health Services 943 1,719 24 140 17

From the April 30th, 2007 issue

Last edited:
Nearly 59 million lack health insurance: CDC - Yahoo! News

Call it what you will, a public option providing free preventative health care is cost-effective, providing long term benefits to individuals and the nation as a whole.
The effort by some, in particular those who hope to develop publc policy along ideological guidelines, will put even those with excellent private insurance at risk should a pandemic or worse come to America.

I do not want a public option -- too many evils of the existing system would continue unabated. I want universal coverage.

If the rich want such bullshit as transplant surgery after age 80, they can buy an add-on private insurance policy or pay cash on the barrelhead.

Who are you asking to pay for your coverage ?

All insurance is risk sharing. I am healthy and will gladly help shoulder the cost of end-of-life care for my neighbor dying of cancer and emergency care for my other neighbor who broke her foot. If and when I need care, I'll shift those costs onto whoever is currently paying in without drawing out.

A system that contemplates every American, is not optional, and has certain other safeguards would allow us to reduce fraud and waste and to bend Big Pharma over a chair -- if we fail to do this, we'll have a Third World nation of haves and have nots.

Next time you go to a movie, the airport, or ride public transportation and someone somewhere in your vicinity is coughing, consider the cost of exposure of TB, or even the flu.
Consider the cost to your insurance when a major outbreak of flu results in the uninsured flooding emergency rooms.
Consider the cost when a treatable disease goes untreated and the diabetic or heart patient is admitted to a public hospital for major surgery.
Consider the long term costs when children are not provided proper preventative medical and dental care, and chronic conditions or congenital ailments need constant attention in emergency rooms.

Consider the cost of encouraging a nation to expect someone else to be responsible for them.

Call it what you will, a public option providing free preventative health care is cost-effective, providing long term benefits to individuals and the nation as a whole.
The effort by some, in particular those who hope to develop publc policy along ideological guidelines, will put even those with excellent private insurance at risk should a pandemic or worse come to America.

we do it for her.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgB2eeHZEw&feature=fvw[/ame]

And look at the retired soldier, who has had government provided healthcare his whole life, parrot the talking points of the money grubbers.

You just are not very sharp. I havent used my GI beneifits because I havent needed them.

But if I did it wouldnt matter as I earned them.

Something you need to look into, instead of allowing yourself to out think your common sense.

I do not want a public option -- too many evils of the existing system would continue unabated. I want universal coverage.

If the rich want such bullshit as transplant surgery after age 80, they can buy an add-on private insurance policy or pay cash on the barrelhead.

Who are you asking to pay for your coverage ?

All insurance is risk sharing. I am healthy and will gladly help shoulder the cost of end-of-life care for my neighbor dying of cancer and emergency care for my other neighbor who broke her foot. If and when I need care, I'll shift those costs onto whoever is currently paying in without drawing out.

A system that contemplates every American, is not optional, and has certain other safeguards would allow us to reduce fraud and waste and to bend Big Pharma over a chair -- if we fail to do this, we'll have a Third World nation of haves and have nots.

Mexico has a national health insurance program. So does Cuba. So does North Korea.

This is the "means test public option" we now have:
A kid gets sick from a low income WORKING family, no doctor will see them and they show up at the emergency room of the local hospital.
Total bill for this visit= $1700+ for time, resources and the ER doctor to see this kid with a bad cold.
Multiply that by millions.
And folks just love this current system we have.

This is the "means test public option" we now have:
A kid gets sick from a low income WORKING family, no doctor will see them and they show up at the emergency room of the local hospital.
Total bill for this visit= $1700+ for time, resources and the ER doctor to see this kid with a bad cold.
Multiply that by millions.
And folks just love this current system we have.

All one has to do is review how that came about.

Some one decided ER visits should be covered close to one hundred percent. It became cost effective for familys to skip the doctor visit and go straight to the ER.

End of story. Another decision made without thought of consequence.

Free?

Free and universal PREVENTATIVE healtcare. Free education helping to abate unwanted pregnancy, std's; nutrition based disease, heart, diabtes, obesity. Free dental exams and cleaning; free innoculations and physicals leading to early detection; Free treatment for alcohol, drug and tobacco abuse.
Yep FREE. Of course the devil is in the details, and whether private providers contracted with the FEDs or government employees (fed, state or local) provided the services or even retired medical professionals volunteered. And of course taxes would provide the fiscal resources to combat disease. We pay an enormous rate to defend us against all enemies, why not for defense against a deadly virus or disease?

Last edited:

Free?

Free and universal PREVENTATIVE healtcare. Freed education helping to abate unwanted pregnancy, std's; nutrition based disease, heart, diabtes, obesity. Free dental exams and cleaning; free innoculations and physicals leading to early detection; Free treatment for alcohol, drug and tobacco abuse.
Yep FREE. Of course the devil is in the details, and whether private providers contracted with the FEDs or government employees (fed, state or local) provided the services or even retired medical professionals volunteered. And of course taxes would provide the fiscal resources to combat disease. We pay an enormous rate to defend us against all enemies, why not for defense against a deadly virus or disease?

How is something free :confused::confused: it just be floatin around in da air and you plucks it out when you needs it? or does somebody have to pay for you?

a public option providing free preventative health care is cost-effective

Bull Shit. On so many levels.

Tell us what you think the public option is?

define what it does please?
Government defined care, they will tell you what is covered and what is not. Age will play a huge roll. We pay taxes for the benefit. The benofit will lead to greater defiocits because politicans will sell you a bill of goods and you will rejoice.

NOPE, You are wrong.

Why dont you KNOW the Public Option is an insurance group that is profit free and concerned only with being an insurancer of people who can not afford the Private companies who rake in huge profits like 100% higher in a mere two years.

Its health insurance without a profit margin which allows it to insure people at lower rates.

Free and universal PREVENTATIVE healtcare. Freed education helping to abate unwanted pregnancy, std's; nutrition based disease, heart, diabtes, obesity. Free dental exams and cleaning; free innoculations and physicals leading to early detection; Free treatment for alcohol, drug and tobacco abuse.

How is something free :confused::confused: it just be floatin around in da air and you plucks it out when you needs it? or does somebody have to pay for you?

She was talking about NO decutable on preventaive care.

Stop being so damned stupid.

Free?

Do you know what "free" means?

How does FREE become FREE? It be floating in da air :confused::confused:

Then someone else pays for it.

And it's not "free."

Forum List

Back