Why was the tea party started?

Sammy knows that I'm much hawter than he will ever be.

:)

And much more Coolth as well.

Last edited:
However, all three polls have one thing in common: that the overwhelming % of teabaggers consider themselves to be conservative.

Thus, I am doubting that the movement started when "independents" got involved (as you claimed).

Interesting leap of logic.

Tea Party = Conservative

Independents = ?Liberals? Moderates? (anything but conservatives?)

Therefore the Tea Party couldn't have started when Independents got involved.

Why do you not think Independents can be Conservative?

I didn't. I scoff at people who try to pass the group off as anything but a conservative movement.

In other words, these are not people who woke up and suddenly decided to become politically active.

As for what prompted the whole Tea Party movement? Obama and his stimuless.

Tax Day Tea Party

The Tax Day Tea Party is a national collaborative grassroots effort originally organized by the DontGo Movement (the original/primary sponsor, which is now the American Liberty Alliance), Smart Girl Politics, Top Conservatives on Twitter and many other online groups/coalitions.

The Tea Party protests, in their current form, began in early 2009 when Rick Santelli, the On Air Editor for CNBC, set out on a rant to expose the bankrupt liberal agenda of the White House Administration and Congress. Specifically, the flawed “Stimulus Bill” and pork filled budget.

During Rick’s rant, he called for a “Chicago tea Party” where advocates of the free-market system could join in a protest against out of control government spending.

A few days later, grassroots activists and average Joe Americans began organizing what would soon become the Nationwide Chicago Tea Party effort.

On February 27th, an estimated 30,000 Americans took to the street in 40+ cities across the country in the first nationwide “Tea Party” protest.

Organizers of the February 27th events pledged to continue on with an even bigger and better protest to follow the first. With April 15th being “Tax Day”, it was decided to schedule the second round of Tea Party protests to ride alongside the tax deadline.

And with that, the “Tax Day Tea Party”, the second round of the Nationwide Tea Party protests, moved into reality.

Tax Day Tea Party Tax Day Tea Party

However, all three polls have one thing in common: that the overwhelming % of teabaggers consider themselves to be conservative.

Thus, I am doubting that the movement started when "independents" got involved (as you claimed).

Tea Party = Conservative

I didn't. I scoff at people who try to pass the group off as anything but a conservative movement.

In other words, these are not people who woke up and suddenly decided to become politically active.

You said:

the overwhelming % of teabaggers consider themselves to be conservative.

Thus, I am doubting that the movement started when "independents" got involved

This only makes sense if you think independents are conservative.

But let's examine your latest logical bounce.

Why would it only be possible for conservatives to "wake up and suddenly become politically active?"

There you go Sammy, thinking all logical again.

You're just going to confuse the poor widdle booby.

Or if conservatives are lying about being "independent" or aren't registered republican but vote that way every election or several other possibilities.

Why would it only be possible for conservatives to "wake up and suddenly become politically active?"

It's not.

However, the numbers provided in three polls now demonstrate that the overwhelming % of teabaggers are conservative. That means that, contrary to the oft repeated line here, they weren't moderates who supported Obama and then got pissed off over Tarp.

FWIW, I still believe my polls over the Gallup poll, which show that the teabaggers are overwhelmingly republican.

Or if conservatives are lying about being "independent" or aren't registered republican but vote that way every election or several other possibilities.

It's not.

However, the numbers provided in three polls now demonstrate that the overwhelming % of teabaggers are conservative. That means that, contrary to the oft repeated line here, they weren't moderates who supported Obama and then got pissed off over Tarp.

FWIW, I still believe my polls over the Gallup poll, which show that the teabaggers are overwhelmingly republican.

Really difficult to follow the little zig-zagged train of thought your trying to construct here, so lemme try to summarize what you just said:

1. Conservatives are lying about being Independents (Why? Because they had the percognition that you would argue otherwise?)

2. Um, Couldn't the definition of Tea Party include those who WERE Moderate Obama supporters but who have BECOME pissed off over TARP.

Well, I'll leave you to dance around your latest absurd notions. Frankly, this begins to smack of simple childish trolling after the third reversal in illogic, and Boe's a better babysitter than me.

1. Conservatives are lying about being Independents (Why? Because they had the percognition that you would argue otherwise?)

I only made that statement to demonstrate that it wasn't really a discreet issue. As someone else noted, they are conservatives who answered "moderate" on a poll question for whatever reason.

I don't see it as terribly relevant. What is relevant is that 70% of the people polled consider themselves "conservative". That means that they most likely were unhappy with Obama long before TARP.

It's only important to counter this silly notion that the teabag movement is representative of the American public. It is not. I disagree with the Gallop poll on that.

2. Um, Couldn't the definition of Tea Party include those who WERE Moderate Obama supporters but who have BECOME pissed off over TARP.

Sure, but I suspect they are statistically irrelevant. Especially when 70% of them consider themselves to be conservative.

Well, I'll leave you to dance around your latest absurd notions. Frankly, this begins to smack of simple childish trolling after the third reversal in illogic, and Boe's a better babysitter than me.

Then call yourself the "winna", take your ball, and go home. It's no skin of my nose. Despite you and your tag team partner's penchant to do victory dances, I haven't seen anything terribly impressive from either of you.

So I suppose the feeling is mutual.

Tea Party = Conservative

Maybe because the leading voice of CON$ervatism says so.

May 12, 2008
RUSH: I maintain that moderates and independents are Democrats. Because, by definition, if someone or some organization is not conservative, it's by definition going to be liberal, not moderate, not independent, it's going to be liberal

Politics is logical? What a novel concept.

Isn't it past "lights-out" at the home?

If you think politics is logical your lights are already dim.

I own "the home" so I can stay up as late as I want.

I think that we should follow the fine example set by our teabagging friends, declare ourselves the winners of the thread, and go get a beer.

To quote Chris Rock:

"We won! We won! We won!................ What the fuck did we win?"

I am still waiting for that AP poll that shows that over half of the teabaggers are independents and democrats.

Something tells me I'll be waiting a long time.

Don't worry Boedicca, I won't let you forget.

Hardly. Unlike you, I actually know my facts. I'm not discussing your sexual obsession; I have no idea what % of what group likes to suck on sweaty male balls. I'll leave that subject to you as you appear to spend an inordinate amount of your time upon it.

I did say that 51% of Tea Party Supporters are Independent or Democrat (and I said Gallup, not AP, poll):

4535993555_f8e5eba003_o.jpg

Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

This poll was discussed in other threads on this board - so your reading comprehension and retention must suffer while you spend your time on your OCD oral fixation.

you forgot to mention, two blacks the one asian. Oh yeah, a ral slice of americana.

It was started b/c a Black President was elected. Let's get real and tell the truth and quit beating around the bush. Obama is a Black man and White people do not give a damn that he had a White mother or White grandparents. The only important thing to them is that he has Black blood. Be it Muslim, African, Haitian does not matter it's BLACK and that's enough to degrade him as a human being. Am I right? Therefore he is being called names such as the Anti-Christ and shown with clown faces and although he has young daughters the people who give him labels such as these could care less about how it affects his children. Afterall, they are BLACK too...if you are White why should you give a damn what you say about their father and how it makes them feel, right?

So you confess to being dumber'n a red brick, huh? He's a fascist. I could care less about his skin color. Get a clue, dweeb.

The democrats are the racist. They make policy based on race. Campaign based on race. 98% of blacks voted for a black candidate, how much more racist can you get? Most of us learned long ago when someone is accusing you of something, it is the accuser who is likely the most guilty.

Once again for the lying sack of shit democrats & their short term memories. The TEA Party was started because the government is rewarding bad behavior. Rick Santelli of CNBC got the party started.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZB4taSEoA"]Santelli Rant of the Year[/ame]
Obama's Press Secretary Robert Gibbs legitimized Santelli
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQ9xb4CBeI&feature=fvw"]Obama's Press Secretary Robert Gibbs[/ame]

It was started b/c a Black President was elected. Let's get real and tell the truth and quit beating around the bush. Obama is a Black man and White people do not give a damn that he had a White mother or White grandparents. The only important thing to them is that he has Black blood. Be it Muslim, African, Haitian does not matter it's BLACK and that's enough to degrade him as a human being. Am I right? Therefore he is being called names such as the Anti-Christ and shown with clown faces and although he has young daughters the people who give him labels such as these could care less about how it affects his children. Afterall, they are BLACK too...if you are White why should you give a damn what you say about their father and how it makes them feel, right?

So you confess to being dumber'n a red brick, huh? He's a fascist. I could care less about his skin color. Get a clue, dweeb.
Looks like today's your day for projecting.

Forum List

Back