Why the win for dems in Virginia is bad for them...

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
... in a sense.

They won on a wave of anti-Trump protest voting, rather than having any merit in and of themselves. I think this will mislead them into thinking that lazy approach is sufficient to win from state to state, when that is just not true IMO; the democrats HAVE to come up with some kind of intelligent, meaningful, and appealing strategic policy. The anti-Trump weapon is yet another glass sword, just like identity politics. They need something substantial to run on, not more of that bullshit that didn't work in 2016.

The fact that their lazy approach won the day is a bit disturbing to me. I'd like to see Trump out of office with narrow majorities in house and senate (for either party).

John Shaw, for this election, that is all they needed.

Let's see what they put forth in other elections.

But it does show you how badly the Trump brand failed tonight.

The Dems forget that the party that loses the Presidential election almost always wins the follow year's local and state elections, because the defeated party is more motivated to vote.

Nothing unexpected happened today. If they didn't win those races it would have been historically humiliating.

... in a sense.

They won on a wave of anti-Trump protest voting, rather than having any merit in and of themselves. I think this will mislead them into thinking that lazy approach is sufficient to win from state to state, when that is just not true IMO; the democrats HAVE to come up with some kind of intelligent, meaningful, and appealing strategic policy. The anti-Trump weapon is yet another glass sword, just like identity politics. They need something substantial to run on, not more of that bullshit that didn't work in 2016.

The fact that their lazy approach won the day is a bit disturbing to me. I'd like to see Trump out of office with narrow majorities in house and senate (for either party).

It's a constant moving too and fro for both parties, always chipping away at the other, riding high, riding low. Neither cares too much, they know there are only two parties and they'll be back some time.

... in a sense.

It's a constant moving too and fro for both parties, always chipping away at the other, riding high, riding low. Neither cares too much, they know there are only two parties and they'll be back some time.

The democrats have been getting rocked at all levels for quite a while now. The anti-Trump message will only take them so far. As in, not very far at all. People like me, who consider themselves independents and moderates, are not going to be swayed to vote for someone just because their name isn't Donald Trump.

... in a sense.

The democrats have been getting rocked at all levels for quite a while now. The anti-Trump message will only take them so far. As in, not very far at all. People like me, who consider themselves independents and moderates, are not going to be swayed to vote for someone just because their name isn't Donald Trump.
Democrats don’t care about you.
Brown Is the New White | The New Press
“hope for a more progressive political future lies not with increased advertising to middle-of-the-road white voters, but with cultivating America’s growing, diverse majority.”

If you were smart you would vote Republican all the time just to keep Democrats out of power.

... in a sense.

“hope for a more progressive political future lies not with increased advertising to middle-of-the-road white voters, but with cultivating America’s growing, diverse majority.”

If you were smart you would vote Republican all the time just to keep Democrats out of power.

Do you think republicans are going to prevent white people from dipping below 50% of the population?

I've news for you; it ain't happening.

Shit, if they got their way and managed to do away with abortion, that would only dramatically accelerate the decline of White America. Guess which demographic uses Planned Parenthood the most? A hint; it ain't white folks. At least, not last I checked.

I'm not going to sit around being paranoid about brown people, ffs. I'll leave that for smaller minds to grapple with.

... in a sense.

Do you think republicans are going to prevent white people from dipping below 50% of the population?

I've news for you; it ain't happening.

Shit, if they got their way and managed to do away with abortion, that would only dramatically accelerate the decline of White America. Guess which demographic uses Planned Parenthood the most? A hint; it ain't white folks. At least, not last I checked.

I'm not going to sit around being paranoid about brown people, ffs. I'll leave that for smaller minds to grapple with.
America will balkanize.

The percentage of American white people soon won’t matter all that much because Democrats will have absolutely zero power over us(similar to how the ANC has zero power over Orania).

I welcome the Democrats getting rid of white votes. The sooner the white Democrat becomes extinct, the sooner white America and the rest of the west can begin our future.

It was one year ago today that America was quite literally rescued from Hillary Clinton by Donald Trump. She and the liberals have been self destructing ever since while Trump keeps winning.

deal with it.

It was one year ago today that America was quite literally rescued from Hillary Clinton by Donald Trump. She and the liberals have been self destructing ever since while Trump keeps winning.

deal with it.

What ... exactly does this have to do with anything? Did someone pull your string and this is what came out?

... in a sense.

When you look at the issues that voters voted on, you see important issues that are being discussed. Obamacare clearly is a issue as Republicans are doing everything that they can to repeal and undermine it despite the fact that a majority support fixing it not repealing it. That will likely be a major focus of Congressional elections. Clearly Republicans are the ones drawing the wrong inferences from it. They think that tax cuts and beating up on immigrants will save the day. It didn't work in Virginia.

We also saw races across the country in which Democrats defeated Republicans in areas where Democrats have never held any seats. This clearly shows a backlash against Republicans in suburban districts. Elections don't have to be held on great issues.

... in a sense.

When you look at the issues that voters voted on, you see important issues that are being discussed. Obamacare clearly is a issue as Republicans are doing everything that they can to repeal and undermine it despite the fact that a majority support fixing it not repealing it. That will likely be a major focus of Congressional elections. Clearly Republicans are the ones drawing the wrong inferences from it. They think that tax cuts and beating up on immigrants will save the day. It didn't work in Virginia.

We also saw races across the country in which Democrats defeated Republicans in areas where Democrats have never held any seats. This clearly shows a backlash against Republicans in suburban districts. Elections don't have to be held on great issues.

Backlash against republican ineffectiveness does not elevate the democratic party. It may be enough to win elections in the short term, but what about when it comes time to legislate? When it comes time to actually compromise so we can create something that lasts again? I'm not a democrat, and I don't give a rat's ass about the party except that I believe it's currently necessary for them to be competitive so that the republicans aren't allowed to spiral even farther out of control.

I still haven't been hearing a coherent message from the democrats, except that Trump is a bad dude.

... in a sense.

Backlash against republican ineffectiveness does not elevate the democratic party. It may be enough to win elections in the short term, but what about when it comes time to legislate? When it comes time to actually compromise so we can create something that lasts again? I'm not a democrat, and I don't give a rat's ass about the party except that I believe it's currently necessary for them to be competitive so that the republicans aren't allowed to spiral even farther out of control.

I still haven't been hearing a coherent message from the democrats, except that Trump is a bad dude.
Democrats are about as radical as you can get on pretty much every issue.

Republicans are far too moderate.

Forum List

Back