WHY the statement by Obama "Over half of all Americans have pre-existing conditions" was a LIE and IS NOT an issue!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
As most of these Obama Care promises have fallen by the wayside, the Obama administration has had to emphasize the still undiscredited crises, such as pre-existing conditions.
The problem is that the administration could find such a crisis only by lying with statistics.

Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) incredibly determined that almost half the American population could be ineligible for health insurance due to a preexisting condition. This sure sounds like a crisis, but the HHS simply counted all Americans with asthma, bad backs, diabetes, hypertension, and other chronic diseases that theoretically could be a reason to deny coverage or charge a higher premium.
According to the latest Census Bureau data, 309 million Americans have health insurance. Of these 4 percent are covered by directly purchased insurance alone. The remaining 96 percent are covered by government or company insurance or some combination. Government health insurance does not allow discrimination based on preexisting conditions. Company insurance typically does not either, insofar as the risk pool is already incorporated in the premiums, and there are portability requirements in moving from company to company.

Thus 12 million people purchased private direct purchased health insurance on the eve of Obama Care. Insurance industry studies show that one in eight applicants for private health insurance have preexisting conditions that affect their eligibility or premiums.
This gives a total of 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.

The Obama administration has lied with statistics!
Instead of 150 million, there are 1.5 million Americans, who “cannot get insurance or must pay higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.” The pre-existing conditions crisis becomes a gnat bite when things are measured correctly. How to Lie with Statistics of the 1960s showed how to fudge statistics a little, not to exaggerate by a hundred-fold. The Obama administration has taken this to a new level befitting the 21st century.

Now further proof that the "Pre-existing conditions" issue was totally blown out of proportion...
How many people signed up for Obamacare's "Pre-Existing Conditions Insurance Plan:
If you don't believe this chart.. Go to this government web site:
Total enrollment as of January 31, 2014... ONLY 19,569! Think about that number! And we were told by Obama "Over half (160 million) of All Americans...."
If so where are the 160 million enrollees in Obamacare Pre-existing conditions!
THINK folks THINK! A total gross misrepresentation of a FACT for sure.. Over half of all Americans have Pre-existing conditions.... BUT 50% of those 160 million
have employer health which pays for pre-existing conditions! Total lie!

Did Obama lie about everything? Yes.

Do people want insurance companies to be able to deny people over pre-existing conditions? No.

Assumes Trump will not cancel insurance on 30 million under Obamacare and tighten eligibility for Medicaid and Medicare

Do people want insurance companies to be able to deny people over pre-existing conditions? No.
BUT there never were "Over half of all Americans" that were DENIED coverage due to "pre-existing conditions"!
FACTS seem to be missing with the MSM which has totally blown the numbers!
YOU explain to me then if it is SUCH a problem...why did less then 20,000 people sign up for it under Obamacare?
Wow... with over half of all Americans as Obama alluded, certainly more than 20,000 people would have signed up!
Please explain!

BUT there never were "Over half of all Americans" that were DENIED coverage due to "pre-existing conditions"!
FACTS seem to be missing with the MSM which has totally blown the numbers!
YOU explain to me then if it is SUCH a problem...why did less then 20,000 people sign up for it under Obamacare?
Wow... with over half of all Americans as Obama alluded, certainly more than 20,000 people would have signed up!
Please explain!

Why? Why ask me to do this?

Trump has been saying that they are keeping Pre existing conditions....So, before you lie and say he isn't going to do that, it runs counter to what he is saying.

Trump has been saying that they are keeping Pre existing conditions....So, before you lie and say he isn't going to do that, it runs counter to what he is saying.

And when specifically asked how that will happen he has nothing.

Trump says lots of things.

THINK folks THINK!
after 3 decades service in ems, the state's insurer declared me a 'pre-existing' condition for injuries received on duty

the only other choice i had was some 800-lawyer to go after the municipality i worked for

confronting my mates in that manner was something i wasn't about to do

so i bowed out gracefully , an honor & privilege , etc ad nasuem

so it's no myth Mr partisan myth , and further i could tell you many many stories of patients that claimed the same

grow up

~S~

Yeah? And how long during the conception of O-care did we hear nothing about what the specifics were? Hell, even Nancy said 'We'll have to pass the bill, to know what's in the bill'...

So, drop the double standard....Or admit that the threat of Trump doing away with PEC's is just a lie...

Yeah? And how long during the conception of O-care did we hear nothing about what the specifics were? Hell, even Nancy said 'We'll have to pass the bill, to know what's in the bill'...

So, drop the double standard....Or admit that the threat of Trump doing away with PEC's is just a lie...

Bite me. I said Obama lied. I'm not the one with a double standard. Get a mirror.

The threat is NOT a lie. The Republicans could have passed or even presented something by now if they really meant it.

Bite me. I said Obama lied. I'm not the one with a double standard. Get a mirror.

The threat is NOT a lie. The Republicans could have passed or even presented something by now if they really meant it.

Ok, if the "threat is not a lie" then it should be super easy for you to post where Trump said he was going to have to get rid of PEC's....

Oh, and btw, your opening to this post highlights that you know I'm right.

Ok, if the "threat is not a lie" then it should be super easy for you to post where Trump said he was going to have to get rid of PEC's....

Trump is arguing in the courts to end them. He is doing nothing in the legislature to do anything to keep them.

Trump is arguing in the courts to end them. He is doing nothing in the legislature to do anything to keep them.

Post his arguments in the courts, and highlight the part doing away with PEC's please...

Forum List

Back