Why the Liberals REALLY Oppose the Senator Session AG Appointment

Again, robbing a bank involves harm to someone else, i.e. the bank and the people who keep money in said bank. How is me smoking a bowl after work harming anyone if 1) I pay for the weed out of my own pocket and 2) I get to work and am a productive member of society the next day?
It harms all of society. You're not really naive enough to believe that the people in government actually "care" about you and banned substances out of some moral high ground, are you?

They were banned because of the problems they bring to others. How many people were killed in a drug deal gone wrong? How many people were robbed by a junkie desperate to get the money for their next fix? How much does it cost society for the law enforcement to get involved in all of these crimes?

You're kidding yourself. And you're doing it because you want to get high.

And by the way, the reason I use the cat avatar is because it causes the disgusting human beings who have serious issues with women to put their pathology on open display. Obviously, it worked again.
Bwahahahahaha! Yeah...that's why you have it. Sweetie - I have no issues with women. At all. Ask Tilly. Ask LadyGunSlinger. Ask ChrisL. The lists goes on and on and on. I have two daughters who I adore.

You're a typical misandrist feminist. You believe that all men will treat you inferior so you pretend to be a man. You're clearly a woman. I can tell by how you phrase things (men and women have different styles my dear).

Meh, you're okay I guess. :p
Well I didn't say I was "ok". I'm clearly an a-hole! I just said that I don't have issues with women... :lol:

Well, not that I'm aware of. You've never been mean to me that I can remember. But I did say that you were okay, so that is a compliment. :D

Again, robbing a bank involves harm to someone else, i.e. the bank and the people who keep money in said bank. How is me smoking a bowl after work harming anyone if 1) I pay for the weed out of my own pocket and 2) I get to work and am a productive member of society the next day?
It harms all of society. You're not really naive enough to believe that the people in government actually "care" about you and banned substances out of some moral high ground, are you?

They were banned because of the problems they bring to others. How many people were killed in a drug deal gone wrong? How many people were robbed by a junkie desperate to get the money for their next fix? How much does it cost society for the law enforcement to get involved in all of these crimes?

You're kidding yourself. And you're doing it because you want to get high.

Drug deals are caused by the stuff being illegal, if the product was legal there would be no issue with buying it, and no underground market, so that method of argument holds no water.

I have not seen said "desperate pot junkies" out there. Considering they probably spend more on twinkies than pot, and thats when its illegal, that route doesn't hold water either.

I get high 2-3 times a year, tops. I drink far more often. We tried banning that too, it didn't work. Current drug laws aren't working either. Time to at least try pot legalization and see what happens.

I have not seen said "desperate pot junkies" out there. Considering they probably spend more on twinkies than pot, and thats when its illegal, that route doesn't hold water either.
Maybe you're too stoned to see it / absorb it? :lol:

Dude - NatGeo has an entire series called Drugs, Inc. dedicated to drugs in America. I've yet to see an episode where an addict didn't talk about the heinous crimes they committed to get their hands on the money necessary for more drugs.

I find it hard to believe this comes as news to you. I think you're being disigineous now.

I get high 2-3 times a year, tops. I drink far more often. We tried banning that too, it didn't work. Current drug laws aren't working either. Time to at least try pot legalization and see what happens.
I actually agree with you on this. I want to legalize drugs and have them taxed and regulated by the government.

First - it would eliminate the criminal empires. That alone makes it worth it. Second, it would be a tremendous revenue stream to the government.

But....until that time.....anyone who does them is a certified dirt-bag. Believing one is above the law is what progressives do. It leads to a fucked up society.

This just happened to pop up in my news feeds. But it perfectly illustrates one of the multitude of reasons the American people outlawed drugs (including pot). It impacts all of society when we have a nation so schizophrenics running around...

Marijuana DOES cause schizophrenia and triggers heart attacks, experts say | Daily Mail Online

Dude - NatGeo has an entire series called Drugs, Inc. dedicated to drugs in America. I've yet to see an episode where an addict didn't talk about the heinous crimes they committed to get their hands on the money necessary for more drugs.

I find it hard to believe this comes as news to you. I think you're being disigineous now.

That's addicts, and drunks do the same things sometimes. I am not an addict. i can do pot 2-3 times a year, enjoy it, and not have it impact my life.

Why should laws stop me from doing it responsibly just because some idiots can't handle it?

I actually agree with you on this. I want to legalize drugs and have them taxed and regulated by the government.

First - it would eliminate the criminal empires. That alone makes it worth it. Second, it would be a tremendous revenue stream to the government.

But....until that time.....anyone who does them is a certified dirt-bag. Believing one is above the law is what progressives do. It leads to a fucked up society.

Ignoring idiotic laws that impact no one at all is not being a dirt bag. It's the fault of people who make such idiotic laws, not me.

That's addicts, and drunks do the same things sometimes. I am not an addict. i can do pot 2-3 times a year, enjoy it, and not have it impact my life.

Why should laws stop me from doing it responsibly just because some idiots can't handle it?
Well by that logic - some people can drink and drive without killing someone. So why should they be outlawed just because some idiots can't?

The answer: because the American people have spoken and decided it is a menace to society. Yet again, liberty does not equal anarchy. You don't get to decide for yourself that a law doesn't apply to you. If you don't like it, enlighten the people and get the law changed.

Frankly, I would support you on it. The war on drugs hasn't worked so well. I think we would be better served legalizing it, regulating it, and taxing the shit out of it.

But until that time comes - anyone violating the law is a genuine dirt-bag. You don't like it when Barack Obama violates the law (which he did dozens of times per week) - why is it ok for you to and not him?

Ignoring idiotic laws that impact no one at all is not being a dirt bag. It's the fault of people who make such idiotic laws, not me.
Who are you to decide for all of society that you know better than them? You've decide you are the ultimate arbiter of what is and what is not idiotic?

Ted Bundy used that same logic. So did the mafia. All of them were wrong and history judges them as disgusting dirt-bags. It will judge you the same way if you keep up your actions and your insane beliefs.

Well by that logic - some people can drink and drive without killing someone. So why should they be outlawed just because some idiots can't?

The answer: because the American people have spoken and decided it is a menace to society. Yet again, liberty does not equal anarchy. You don't get to decide for yourself that a law doesn't apply to you. If you don't like it, enlighten the people and get the law changed.

Frankly, I would support you on it. The war on drugs hasn't worked so well. I think we would be better served legalizing it, regulating it, and taxing the shit out of it.

But until that time comes - anyone violating the law is a genuine dirt-bag. You don't like it when Barack Obama violates the law (which he did dozens of times per week) - why is it ok for you to and not him?

You again run into harm done to others, or potential tangible harm. And actually if life were fair everyone would have their own BAC limit, because, yes, some people can drive with more alcohol in their system than others. Hell some people are terrible drivers stone cold sober.

When laws are as stupid as some drug laws, and laws like plastic bag taxes and soda taxes, people should be proud to work their way around said laws.

it's the only way statists will learn.

Who are you to decide for all of society that you know better than them? You've decide you are the ultimate arbiter of what is and what is not idiotic?

Ted Bundy used that same logic. So did the mafia. All of them were wrong and history judges them as disgusting dirt-bags. It will judge you the same way if you keep up your actions and your insane beliefs.

Where does society get to decide if I like sugary sodas? Or to light up a bowl?

You keep going to murder, and rape, and extortion, all actual crimes against others. My pot smoking is not a crime against anyone.

You again run into harm done to others, or potential tangible harm. And actually if life were fair everyone would have their own BAC limit, because, yes, some people can drive with more alcohol in their system than others. Hell some people are terrible drivers stone cold sober.

When laws are as stupid as some drug laws, and laws like plastic bag taxes and soda taxes, people should be proud to work their way around said laws.

Statistics will never learn. That's why they are statists. But the rest of society is open to learning.

Again - you want to decide for all of society what laws are "stupid" and what laws aren't. The mafia thought laws against stealing and murder were "stupid" - so they ignored them. That is a completely idiotic way to view the world (not to mention arrogant) - especially when you are blessed to live in the greatest country in the world where you get free speech to change people's minds, representatives to advocate what you want, and the right to vote to eliminate representatives you don't like.

Statistics will never learn. That's why they are statists. But the rest of society is open to learning.

Again - you want to decide for all of society what laws are "stupid" and what laws aren't. The mafia thought laws against stealing and murder were "stupid" - so they ignored them. That is a completely idiotic way to view the world (not to mention arrogant) - especially when you are blessed to live in the greatest country in the world where you get free speech to change people's minds, representatives to advocate what you want, and the right to vote to eliminate representatives you don't like.

Stop going to murder and stealing. they are not connected to someone who makes $129k a year smoking pot 2-3 times a year with no harm to anyone.

So do you come to full stops for 3 seconds at every stop sign?

You keep going to murder, and rape, and extortion, all actual crimes against others. My pot smoking is not a crime against anyone.
Yes it is. I just posted a link from a study which proves that smoking pot does in fact cause schizophrenia. Something anyone with common sense knew for decades.

You're pot smoking is a crime against me and others. I'm going to have to care for your schizophrenic ass when you're wondering the streets babbling about Jesus trying to kill you.

Sorry dude - you're trying to hide behind liberty for your drug addiction. It doesn't work. The harder you try, the more absurd your argument becomes. The only laws you should ever violate is a law against your constitutional rights (such as free speech, carrying a firearm, etc.). There is no constitutional right to fry your brain and become a danger and burden to society.

Yes it is. I just posted a link from a study which proves that smoking pot does in fact cause schizophrenia. Something anyone with common sense knew for decades.

You're pot smoking is a crime against me and others. I'm going to have to care for your schizophrenic ass when you're wondering the streets babbling about Jesus trying to kill you.

Sorry dude - you're trying to hide behind liberty for your drug addiction. It doesn't work. The harder you try, the more absurd your argument becomes. The only laws you should ever violate is a law against your constitutional rights (such as free speech, carrying a firearm, etc.). There is no constitutional right to fry your brain and become a danger and burden to society.

"may" cause it, not "does" cause it, or are you saying pot makes anyone who smokes it got nuts?

How about you handle your own shit, and leave my shit alone, you fucking nanny state busybody?

2-3 times a year is not drug addiction. I was more addicted to World of Warcraft (4 years clean!) than pot or even alcohol.

Forum List

Back