Why the fight against Birth Control?

Seriously...I just don't get it.

What's wrong with letting women have it?

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.

Nothing in the ACA is free. Every i

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.

Nothing in the ACA is free. Every item everyone decides needs to be "free" simply increase the costs of health care for everyone else. The requirement to treat preexisting conditions causes a rise in costs. Allowing people to stay on their parents' insurance plans until they're 26 increases the costs. "Free" birth control increases the costs. All of this is distorting the health care market.

The biggest problem with the ACA is that it exists at all. These massive insurance plans requiring all of these different coverages many people don't even need is why the Affordable Care Act is so very unaffordable for so many people. How much do you your car insurance would cost if it covered every oil change and tire replacement? Get insurance and the government out of the health care business and you'll see health care costs plummet.

tem everyone decides needs to be "free" simply increase the costs of health care for everyone else. The requirement to treat preexisting conditions causes a rise in costs. Allowing people to stay on their parents' insurance plans until they're 26 increases the costs. "Free" birth control increases the costs. All of this is distorting the health care market.

The biggest problem with the ACA is that it exists at all. These massive insurance plans requiring all of these different coverages many people don't even need is why the Affordable Care Act is so very unaffordable for so many people. How much do you your car insurance would cost if it covered every oil change and tire replacement? Get insurance and the government out of the health care business and you'll see health care costs plummet.

I think certain things might increase the cost short term but reduce costs long term and birth control is one of those (as are other preventative costs). The costs of unwanted children is high, so is the cost of abortion, and the cost of teen pregnancies the cycle that perpetuates.

Birth control has been free for decades for anyone taking the initiative to find it.

Look, another post, another sans substance snarky one line post on nothing, with nothing.

At least I'm on topic, get it, old man? Stop your ankle snapping and stalking, it's old

Your shit was old the firth time I encountered it love.

Are really this fucking delusional?
Are you really incapable of a coherent reply?

Try again. Why such opposition to free birth control?

31452237.jpg

My jab was better then yours and more accurate. There aint no fight against birth control There is only a fight to stop the unneeded murder of unborn children by soulless liberals like you.

Birth control has been free for decades for anyone taking the initiative to find it.

Look, another post, another sans substance snarky one line post on nothing, with nothing.

At least I'm on topic, get it, old man? Stop your ankle snapping and stalking, it's old

You even type with a lisp

My jab was better then yours and more accurate. There aint no fight against birth control There is only a fight to stop the unneeded murder of unborn children by soulless liberals like you.

And if that were truly your fight, you ought to be promoting free birth control. Lower rates of abortion and teen pregnancies in countries where that is offered.

Nothing in the ACA is free. Every item everyone decides needs to be "free" simply increase the costs of health care for everyone else. The requirement to treat preexisting conditions causes a rise in costs. Allowing people to stay on their parents' insurance plans until they're 26 increases the costs. "Free" birth control increases the costs. All of this is distorting the health care market.

I think certain things might increase the cost short term but reduce costs long term and birth control is one of those (as are other preventative costs). The costs of unwanted children is high, so is the cost of abortion, and the cost of teen pregnancies the cycle that perpetuates.

I think the best thing they could do is make birth control pills over the counter. That would help considerably and make it cheaper.

tem everyone decides needs to be "free" simply increase the costs of health care for everyone else. The requirement to treat preexisting conditions causes a rise in costs. Allowing people to stay on their parents' insurance plans until they're 26 increases the costs. "Free" birth control increases the costs. All of this is distorting the health care market.

A lot of this backlash is old testiment fundmentalist sexual repression orthodoxy based. Male domonator god in charge, gave "man" dominion over all her sees, including women and their bodies. No one moans too much about taxes for a road they'll never drive on.

And some of it is the usual childish stupidity of the american public. Want to be part of society cause we know we can't really go it alone, but only want to participate in society as if we're all on our own.

I think the best thing they could do is make birth control pills over the counter. That would help considerably and make it cheaper.

That would be a good step.

A lot of this backlash is old testiment fundmentalist sexual repression orthodoxy based. Male domonator god in charge, gave "man" dominion over all her sees, including women and their bodies. No one moans too much about taxes for a road they'll never drive on.

And some of it is the usual childish stupidity of the american public. Want to be part of society cause we know we can't really go it alone, but only want to participate in society as if we're all on our own.

Have to admit, that certainly seems reflected in a few of the responses.

Yup, there's some sense. Except that the way it works out here, some other entity would slide in and find a way to scoop up the margin.

If a woman gets pregnant while using a condom, she should name the kid Houdini !!

Better yet, pill AND condom.

The Catholic Church is the main opponent of birth control.

The Protestants as well as Catholics are opposed to abortion.

They call it murder.

Murder is a statutory felony stipulated as enumerated with elements of proof in Federal, State, and Foreign law.

It pertains to the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.

A fetus is not a human being, at least not until about the 7th month when it is viable outside of the womb.

Until the 7th month a fetus is just a parasitic growth inside a female's womb.

Removing parasites is everyone's right, male or female, old or young. This notion is self evident and as such a-priori.

Birth control is the prevention of such a parasite from attaching.

Sort of like insect repellant.
I am a Southern Baptist, and I and all my people 100 percent endorse your commitment to ending your line via birth control. Knock yourself out!

You even type with a lisp

Good fer you babe, I'm talking to adults now, take care, thee ya thoon

Wait a minute...are the commies pretending that if the government doesn't pay for it, birth control will no longer exist?

That's right along the lines of the Hills campaign people claiming that if the Clinton Foundation disbanded, there would be no treatment for AIDS patients lololol....

Wait a minute...are the commies pretending that if the government doesn't pay for it, birth control will no longer exist?

That's right along the lines of the Hills campaign people claiming that if the Clinton Foundation disbanded, there would be no treatment for AIDS patients lololol....

Nice strawman.

If a woman gets pregnant while using a condom, she should name the kid Houdini !!

Better yet, pill AND condom.

The Catholic Church is the main opponent of birth control.

The Protestants as well as Catholics are opposed to abortion.

They call it murder.

Murder is a statutory felony stipulated as enumerated with elements of proof in Federal, State, and Foreign law.

It pertains to the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.

A fetus is not a human being, at least not until about the 7th month when it is viable outside of the womb.

Until the 7th month a fetus is just a parasitic growth inside a female's womb.

Removing parasites is everyone's right, male or female, old or young. This notion is self evident and as such a-priori.

Birth control is the prevention of such a parasite from attaching.

Sort of like insect repellant.
I am a Southern Baptist, and I and all my people 100 percent endorse your commitment to ending your line via birth control. Knock yourself out!

Thanks so much, and we honor your right to handle snakes and shit.

No one is against them having birth control. but I see no reason society should be paying for it any more than we should be paying for Viagra

Clintons lolol, great.

Forum List

Back