Why the Bush Tax Cuts were a massive success.

R

rdean

Trying to get Republicans to own any of their policies is very, very difficult. But this is one they simply can't shrug off as "the Democrats could have stopped us" because the GOP used reconciliation TWICE to pass the deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts. The Democrats were absolutely powerless. And the Republicans complain that Obama extended them. Only we know the Republicans threatened to block millions of newly unemployed Americans from unemployment benefits if he didn't. I've linked to that dozens of times so to deny that would certainly be laughable. It is "public record".

Since the Bush Tax Cuts were central to GOP economic policy, does that mean "trickle down" and all their other economic policies are just as lame?

Or were the Bush Tax Cuts a massive success? And if they were, could USMB Republicans, without screaming liar and calling names, explain?

And if the trillions in deficit that every economist says came from the massive tax cuts, didn't, then where did those first few trillion come from?

And anyone know how many millions of jobs the Bush Tax Cuts created? In this country I mean?

Conservatives never apologize, admit fault or think they've ever done anything wrong. They are also generally without emotion about anything. They lack empathy.

There's a word for that.

Sociopath.

As soon as you acknowledge that spending creates deficits, not tax cuts, we'll talk about the rest of it.

...how many millions of jobs the Bush Tax Cuts created? ...
Maybe we want to consider that political parties don't make as much difference as presidential policy--
cmpr08.png

--and that it's so much an Obama vs Bush thing as it is an Obama vs everyone thing.

Last edited:
Trying to get Republicans to own any of their policies is very, very difficult. But this is one they simply can't shrug off as "the Democrats could have stopped us" because the GOP used reconciliation TWICE to pass the deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts. The Democrats were absolutely powerless. And the Republicans complain that Obama extended them. Only we know the Republicans threatened to block millions of newly unemployed Americans from unemployment benefits if he didn't. I've linked to that dozens of times so to deny that would certainly be laughable. It is "public record".

Since the Bush Tax Cuts were central to GOP economic policy, does that mean "trickle down" and all their other economic policies are just as lame?

Or were the Bush Tax Cuts a massive success? And if they were, could USMB Republicans, without screaming liar and calling names, explain?

And if the trillions in deficit that every economist says came from the massive tax cuts, didn't, then where did those first few trillion come from?

And anyone know how many millions of jobs the Bush Tax Cuts created? In this country I mean?

The Bush tax cuts were a massive success. They were responsible for keeping people employed at full time jobs right up until the Democrats took over Congress in 2006. That was when the economy started to decline and the housing boom that was created by Bill Clinton went bust. Bush was to blame for not having the power of persuasion to get Congress to put the brakes on the out of control selling of phony mortgages.

Do you really want the tax rate raised back to the pre-Bush rates on low and middle incomes? Do you even know what they were?

The Bush tax cuts were a massive success. They were responsible for keeping people employed at full time jobs right up until the Democrats took over Congress in 2006. That was when the economy started to decline and the housing boom that was created by Bill Clinton went bust. Bush was to blame for not having the power of persuasion to get Congress to put the brakes on the out of control selling of phony mortgages.

Do you really want the tax rate raised back to the pre-Bush rates on low and middle incomes? Do you even know what they were?

So deficit spending by the federal government stimulates employment.

Thanks for admitting it.

Maybe we want to consider that political parties don't make as much difference as presidential policy--
cmpr08.png

--and that it's so much an Obama vs Bush thing as it is an Obama vs everyone thing.

Funny how the country was doing so well before Democrats took over. The minute they took over, the economy blew up, the car companies tanked, insurance companies went bankrupt and unemployment skyrocked to over 10%. And I'm talking the very minute.

The Right is lashing out at the Pope for daring to say that Trickle Down doesn't work. How is trashing the Pope going to work out for the Far Right Christians?

cmpr08.png

Funny how the country was doing so well before Democrats took over. The minute they took over, the economy blew up, the car companies tanked, insurance companies went bankrupt and unemployment skyrocked to over 10%. And I'm talking the very minute.

The income gap between the rich and the poor is the widest it's ever been.
Thank a democrat.

reminds me of THIS!!!:

OynuIph.png

Somehow, I'm thinking that debt without increased deficit spending might actually go down.
Silly me for thinking the government might actually maintain or reduce spending rather than increase it every year with their idiotic "baseline" budgeting.

reminds me of THIS!!!:

OynuIph.png

Somehow, I'm thinking that debt without increased deficit spending might actually go down.
Silly me for thinking the government might actually maintain or reduce spending rather than increase it every year with their idiotic "baseline" budgeting.
And just think what it would be like if you could understand graphs. Or maybe if you just could differentiate colors. Or if you could understand the difference between spending, forecasting, and budgeting.
Ah, hell. Ignorance is bliss, eh, dipshit??

cmpr08.png

The income gap between the rich and the poor is the widest it's ever been.
Thank a democrat.
--and we don't even have to wait until 2019 to see if it's true...

Isn't Republicans talking about the "wealth gap" hilarious? They want to cut minimum wage. They want to cut taxes on billionaires who might not even be paying taxes. They wanted to put a pioneer of outsourcing into office and they complain about the "wealth gap" their policies created? I find that fucking hilarious. Truly "rich". Filled with "mirth". A true jest.

cmpr08.png

You need to consult a calander. These things happened before Obama's inauguration, as did the bank bailouts. Funny how conservative hacks can't keep their dates straight.

cmpr08.png

You need to consult a calander. These things happened before Obama's inauguration...
Wait a sec., we're talking about when the Democrats took over. The inauguration was later --not that the inauguration changed anything. We need to remember that while politics is more fun and easier to follow, it's policy that makes things happen.

As soon as you acknowledge that spending creates deficits, not tax cuts, we'll talk about the rest of it.

Tax cuts create deficits when not accompanied by equivalent spending cuts

The question for Republicans is.....Why do you cut taxes first before you cut spending?

Isn't it sensible to cut your spending first and then set an appropriate tax rate?

Forum List

Back