Wage Strikes Planned at Fast-Food Outlets

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
Seeking to increase pressure on McDonald’s, Wendy’s and other fast-food restaurants, organizers of a movement demanding a $15-an-hour wage for fast-food workers say they will sponsor one-day strikes in 100 cities on Thursday and protest activities in 100 additional cities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/b...-at-fast-food-outlets-in-100-cities.html?_r=0

No doubt to help pay for condoms and pills for the poor and dispossesed pieces of shit who think we owe them everything.

Didn't they already try this and fail? In any event I find it rather ironic that people who say they aren't making enough money can afford to lose a day's pay in order to strike.

Didn't the labor relations board just ok unions hiring people to protest walmart?

So I think if you see a protest going down at a subway or mcdonalds, you get on it and take pictures and quiz who the people are?

Let's get it going on. Let's take it to the max. If there is not one worker outside protesting let's put the pedal to the metal and get that info out there.

If it's fake, let's hit them big time.

Didn't the labor relations board just ok unions hiring people to protest walmart?

So I think if you see a protest going down at a subway or mcdonalds, you get on it and take pictures and quiz who the people are?

Let's get it going on. Let's take it to the max. If there is not one worker outside protesting let's put the pedal to the metal and get that info out there.

If it's fake, let's hit them big time.

Ask if they get benefits for the job they are doing.

From the OP link:

“It’s very difficult to live off $8.07 an hour,” said Mr. Rojas, 23, noting that he is often assigned just 20 or 25 hours of work a week. “I have to live with my parents. I would like to be able to afford a car and an apartment.”

Mr. Rojas said he had studied for a pharmacy technician’s certificate, but he had been unable to save the $100 needed to apply for a license.

So this guy lives rent free and he can't find $100 on over $8000 a year?

There's much much more to the story.

Someone should ask one of the McDonalds workers what they think a happy meal would cost if they made that much money. Right now a $6.00 burger meal is 83% of the minimum wage, extend that out to the desired wage that $6.00 meal becomes a $12.50 meal. Then project that effect across the economy, it wouldn't be pretty.

Someone should ask one of the McDonalds workers what they think a happy meal would cost if they made that much money. Right now a $6.00 burger meal is 83% of the minimum wage, extend that out to the desired wage that $6.00 meal becomes a $12.50 meal. Then project that effect across the economy, it wouldn't be pretty.

There isn't a linear correlation between price and wage.

But one should ask the worker how much she is worth if automation takes away her job completely. Machines don't need living wages.

Seeking to increase pressure on McDonald’s, Wendy’s and other fast-food restaurants, organizers of a movement demanding a $15-an-hour wage for fast-food workers say they will sponsor one-day strikes in 100 cities on Thursday and protest activities in 100 additional cities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/b...-at-fast-food-outlets-in-100-cities.html?_r=0

No doubt to help pay for condoms and pills for the poor and dispossesed pieces of shit who think we owe them everything.

Do you actually believe that a single parent can take care of a kid on the fast food wage? They can't.

Do you actually believe that a single parent can take care of a kid on the fast food wage? They can't.

Of course they can't.

And yet they go ahead and have the kid anyway.

How does this become their employer's fault? Such that he suddenly has to fork over an extra $7.00/hour for no extra work, because his employee had a kid?

No they can't and thats why you become a single parent like me. I got into rock and roll. I made a fortune. I got a gold, platinum, double platinum and a Juno award buddy because I was a smart mother.

I was a smart mother all my life. Now I ended up getting married in the middle of this career but I shot for the top and not for the bottom so my baby girl could have everything I could give her.

No welfare. No fucking way. And I understand why some women are left with that. But not for me.

And no way in hell was I ever going to be flipping burgers. Why? Because I am. And thats not for me. And I would never settle for that in my life.

No they can't and thats why you become a single parent like me. I got into rock and roll. I made a fortune. I got a gold, platinum, double platinum and a Juno award buddy because I was a smart mother.

I was a smart mother all my life. Now I ended up getting married in the middle of this career but I shot for the top and not for the bottom so my baby girl could have everything I could give her.

No welfare. No fucking way. And I understand why some women are left with that. But not for me.

And no way in hell was I ever going to be flipping burgers. Why? Because I am. And thats not for me. And I would never settle for that in my life.

so... tell us what you've settled for, td...

and don't hold back...

Of course they can't.

And yet they go ahead and have the kid anyway.

How does this become their employer's fault? Such that he suddenly has to fork over an extra $7.00/hour for no extra work, because his employee had a kid?

Did you ever stop and consider the well being of the kid instead? The kid should have just chose not to be born huh?

Why did these people take the jobs to begin with if they thought the wages were too low? And why don't some of them move up or eventually find a better job? I've done the whole waitressing thing and it was always low pay, but it was temporary till I got something better after I graduated. I just don't get people who aren't qualified for more skilled jobs and yet they start families and get into debt. It's crazy to turn around and blame the employers for not giving you raises every month.

If these people don't want their jobs, there are many unemployed people, thanks to Obamacare, who would probably jump on these jobs if the current workers aren't happy.

How many of these fast food workers will lose their jobs if the minimum wage was raised to $15.00?

so... tell us what you've settled for, td...

and don't hold back...

A simple life down a dirt road. My neighbor that I like is a dog called Duke. Another one called Gambit now.

Raven likes them both. Just a life down a dirt road.

There isn't a linear correlation between price and wage.

But one should ask the worker how much she is worth if automation takes away her job completely. Machines don't need living wages.

If they start artificially jacking with wages like they want we'll see how that holds. You don't maintain a viable economy by ignoring the laws of economics.

Why did these people take the jobs to begin with if they thought the wages were too low? And why don't some of them move up or eventually find a better job? I've done the whole waitressing thing and it was always low pay, but it was temporary till I got something better after I graduated. I just don't get people who aren't qualified for more skilled jobs and yet they start families and get into debt. It's crazy to turn around and blame the employers for not giving you raises every month.

If these people don't want their jobs, there are many unemployed people, thanks to Obamacare, who would probably jump on these jobs if the current workers aren't happy.

How many of these fast food workers will lose their jobs if the minimum wage was raised to $15.00?

They jake the pay to 15 bucks an hour the fast food industry will just close up shop and those workers go on welfare.

Forum List

Back