why some are against the assault rifle ban is the same reason libbs protect late term abortion .

Nope

The assault weapons ban was an anti crime bill

Many democrat votes were certainly swayed by a mass shooting but that was not the reason for the bill and not why Biden drafted it
That's silly

They didn't ban the weapons that were used in 98% of asaults. Just the ones that looked scary.

That's why the assault weapons ban had virtually zero effect on crime and murder

Some were banned my model.

The Statistics say the ban did have an effect.

Is trhis where you are going to tell me that a shooter with an AR-15 will kill no more people than with a handgun.
You're either lying, or being duped into repeating a lie.

The ban had no effect.

All assaults went down.

Clearly said that mass hootings were the dive to pass the Assault Rifle Ban.
Post hoc fallacy.

See below. Tell us how the AWB could have an effect on mass shootings.

View attachment 274273

Is trhis where you are going to tell me that a shooter with an AR-15 will kill no more people than with a handgun.

The Statistics say the ban did have an effect

this is a lie.......actual research into the ban shows it had no effect......you are lying.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/204431.pdf

The decline in the use of AWs has been due primarily to a reduction in the use of assault pistols (APs), which are used in crime more commonly than assault rifles (ARs).

There has not been a clear decline in the use of ARs, though assessments are complicated by the rarity of crimes with these weapons and by substitution of post-ban rifles that are very similar to the banned AR models.
--------

Should it be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement. AWs were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban.

Post hoc fallacy.

View attachment 274273

this is a lie.......actual research into the ban shows it had no effect......you are lying.

The decline in the use of AWs has been due primarily to a reduction in the use of assault pistols (APs), which are used in crime more commonly than assault rifles (ARs).

There has not been a clear decline in the use of ARs, though assessments are complicated by the rarity of crimes with these weapons and by substitution of post-ban rifles that are very similar to the banned AR models.
--------

Should it be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement. AWs were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban.
Yet another dishonrest POS who can't grasp the concept of mass shootings & the AWB.

The ban had no effect.

All assaults went down.

Went down during the ban & skyrocketed when Republicans put assault type rifles back in the hands of mass killers.

Post hoc fallacy.

View attachment 274273

--------

Yet another dishonrest POS who can't grasp the concept of mass shootings & the AWB.

I just gave you actual government research.........and because it doesn't confirm what you feel, you deny it.

Total number of mass public shootings in 2018...... 12. Total Killed.... 93.

Not all of those had rifles used......so the total number killed by rifles is less than the number of people killed by lawnmowers, bees and wasps, and falling........

You have a problem that is more rare than getting hit by lighting and you want to use it as an excuse to ban well over 18 million rifles that are never used in crimes.....

Nope

Many democrat votes were certainly swayed by a mass shooting but that was not the reason for the bill and not why Biden drafted it
That's silly

They didn't ban the weapons that were used in 98% of asaults. Just the ones that looked scary.

That's why the assault weapons ban had virtually zero effect on crime and murder
The AWB 's purpose was not to reduce all gun crime but you assfucks are just too stupid to get it.

The ban had no effect.

All assaults went down.

Went down during the ban & skyrocketed when Republicans put assault type rifles back in the hands of mass killers.

Wrong...you dope.......even if you manage to take all rifles, the shooters will just switch to pistols...

Virginia Tech....32 killed, two pistols.

Luby's Cafe....24 killed, 2 pistols.....

You are irrational and foolish.

Nope

That's silly

The AWB 's purpose was not to reduce all gun crime but you assfucks are just too stupid to get it.

No, moron...we understand the issue........ banning rifles won't change the number of deaths in mass shootings, because it isn't the gun that matters...it is the unarmed status of the victims, and the time it takes to get a good guy with a gun to stop the shooter...

And criminals don't use rifles...they prefer handguns......that they can hide under a car seat, or in their baby momma's purse.....

You just want rifles banned..... because you are irrational. You don't care about actual facts, truth or reality.

Say I discovered a cure for 70% of the male breast cancer sufferers.

You assfucks would be running & screaming how my discovery did nothing to lower cancer rates.

Because male breast cancer is a very low percentage of all cancer.

Now you morons think about for a while.

The Assault Weapon ban was like a cure to lower mass shootings.

It lowered the body counts in mass shootings

Mass shooting body counts increased after it was allowed to expire

Mass shooting deaths are very low percentage of all gun crimes.

You people are making really stupid arguments. Are you really this stupid or just dishonest?

The ban had no effect.

All assaults went down.

Wrong...you dope.......even if you manage to take all rifles, the shooters will just switch to pistols...

If pistols have the same killing power then huy do you want assault type rifles.

We always come back to yet another one pf your stupid arguments.

You kedp saying other guns are just as good in killing people so just use these other guns.

Plus, the AWB did not claim to stop all mass killings. This bring up examples is stupid & naive.

my cure for male breast cancer is stupid because it doesn't cure all cancer argument is stupid

Nope

That's silly

No, moron...we understand the issue........ banning rifles won't change the number of deaths in mass shootings, because it isn't the gun that matters...it is the unarmed status of the victims, and the time it takes to get a good guy with a gun to stop the shooter...

And criminals don't use rifles...they prefer handguns......that they can hide under a car seat, or in their baby momma's purse.....

You just want rifles banned..... because you are irrational. You don't care about actual facts, truth or reality.
Dishonest fuck as you go back to all assaults.,

What percent of mass shootings were done this year with these weapons. Killing where ten or more died?

The more I read all these stupid comments the more we should ban all guns because you are obviously too fucking stupid to know to proper;y handle them.

Nope

That's silly

Yes it was

It was an anti violent crime bill

That is all it ever was

You assfucks would be running & screaming how my discovery did nothing to lower cancer rates.

You people are making really stupid arguments. Are you really this stupid or just dishonest?

But the AWB wasn't a "cure " for 70% of all murders was it?

It wasn't even a "cure" for 1% pf all murders

70% of all murders occur in our poorest inner city neighborhoods and have nothing to do with "assault" rifles and everything to do with generational poverty and its many causes and ramifications

No....you refuse to understand...... banning rifles will not stop any mass public shootings...it will not stop any crime.....because of this....you will be back to ban pistols and shotguns...saying that those are now the weapon of choice of mass public shooters.

You want to ban over 18 million AR-15s plus millions more rifles....based on 93 deaths in 2018......and not all of those deaths were from rifles, making that number even smaller...

Total rifle deaths in mass public shootings in 2018...... 32.....less than bee stings, less than lawn mowers, less than drowning in pools...less than cars...

While knives killed over 1,500...cars over 38,000, Lawn mowers killed more over 70

You don't care about the dead, you only care about the emotional power you can fake to get the power to ban guns you don't like.

This is a lie.......a complete lie. You made this up in order to decieve people who will not actually look at the numbers.....

There is nothing.....absolutely nothing that supports what you just posted......you are lying.

The ban had no effect.

All assaults went down.

If pistols have the same killing power then huy do you want assault type rifles.

We always come back to yet another one pf your stupid arguments.

You kedp saying other guns are just as good in killing people so just use these other guns.

Plus, the AWB did not claim to stop all mass killings. This bring up examples is stupid & naive.

my cure for male breast cancer is stupid because it doesn't cure all cancer argument is stupid

Rifles have different roles in self defense you moron, and rifles are used for sport, hunting, competition as well as self defense.

A criminal needs a weapon they can hide easily...... a home owner needs a weapon to protect their family from both criminals in the ones and twos, and in a general natural disaster or civil disturbance....and in the worst case scenario, against government thugs like in venezuela.....

The Assault weapon ban didn't do anything....at all.......you are lying, and screeching more and more doesn't make it true.

Nope

That's silly

By saying "virtually" you are giving the benefit of the doubt.

Nope

That's silly

By saying "virtually" you are giving the benefit of the doubt.

I can't say for sure it was zero but it was so insignificant that the law was allowed to sunset.

Forum List

Back