Why Shouldn't we Think Deathboards weren't a Part of Obama Health Care Plan?

someone in the middle of my county in maine, could have to drive a hundred or more miles to get to my county's one clinic!

it is only 2 miles from me though.....:)

there are not enough clinics in states really spread out like mine!

So hope I assume you have health insurance. MANY others do NOT so they have ONE CHOICE to go to the ER even if not needed. If there IS a need for an ER visit your ability to "pay it back" will likely bankrupt you.

Of course, everyone who has been paying attention knows this is not true. There are presently federally funded health clinics everywhere that provide comprehensive basic medical and dental care on a sliding scale basis, free if your income is low enough.

HRSA - Find a Health Center - Search Page

In addition, a simple google search will show you that there are many privately funded free clinics in every city. Common sense and prudence should dictate that an ER should direct people with non emergency needs to the many free and sliding scale clinics that are set up to serve their needs, and that Congress does not have to overhaul the health care system to get this job done.

great link! but it does not cover heart attacks, kidney failure, car accidents etc, which will still go through the emergency room on these people, no?

The post I was responding to was suggesting that the only option for non emergency care for some one without health insurance is the ER, and that is simply not true. Regardless of whether you have insurance or not, in the cases you mention you will go to an ER and probably require an expensive stay in the hospital. Presently, if you are uninsured but have some assets or income, the hospital and other providers can force you into a repayment plan or seize your assets to pay for your care, but under the Baucus bill, you are guaranteed that you can pay the fairly weak penalty instead buying health insurance if you find that is cheaper, and then sign up for health insurance to pay all your bills once you have your heart attack, etc., freeing you from the need to pay for your own care and forcing everyone else to pay higher health insurance premiums because you decided to wait until you were sick before buying health insurance. Once you get well again, you can, of course, go back to paying just the penalty.

This is the situation that lies at the heart of the criticisms of the Baucus bill issued by the Pricewaterhousecoopers report, commissioned by AHIP and by the Oliver Wyman report commissioned by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. both reports argue that since the reforms, accepting everyone at standard rates, automatic disability waiver of premiums and caps on out of pocket expenses, will tend to substantially drive health insurance premiums up, the bill must also force healthy people who will cost little to insure to participate in order to offset these increases, and the weakened penalties in the Baucus bill will not provide sufficient incentive for them to do this and therefore health insurance premiums will significantly increase under this bill.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/PWC Report on Costs - Final.pdf

http://www.bcbs.com/issues/uninsure...pact-of-Healthcare-Reform-on-Premiums-pdf.pdf

someone in the middle of my county in maine, could have to drive a hundred or more miles to get to my county's one clinic!

it is only 2 miles from me though.....:)

there are not enough clinics in states really spread out like mine!

People who choose to live in rural areas have to suffer a lot of inconveniences and are probably accustomed to traveling longer distances for many goods and services.

There isn't going to be a panel that sits there and says you die and you live.

There will however be a cap on 'quality productive years' that the Barrycare will pay, if you are say 75 and need an operation for colon cancer, they will say you don't have enough years left for this to be cost effective and will provide some cheaper alternative .

In effect in will be a death panel without a dramatic view of stern people sitting in judgement, instead it will be a form letter with lines like 'we regret to inform you.'

Some of you should REALLY read this garbage you defend so fervently.

Its an abomination in every way possible.

I think such deathtables will only concern older people. To reduce the number of younger people US-Presidents usually prefer making wars.

Oh, look: My posting has the No. 66 - that one of the Apocalypse....

Last edited:
I think such deathtables will only concern older people. To reduce the number of younger people US-Presidents usually prefer making wars.

Oh, look: My posting has the No. 66 - that one of the Apocalypse....

Please post where "deathtables" are included in the proposed legislation.

O.K. does someone want to consider the SAVINGS to the healthcare industry by keeping people HEAKTHY and out of ERs? I don't think I will get a decent response ut the # of people going to ERs which are BY FAR the most expensive type of healthcare and makes people who HAVE ins wait longer than they should,

Hey...nothing wrong with being healthy. If people would take care of themselves a little better and exercise good judgement we could probably lower healthcare costs by 1 trillion dollars.

The thing is this. I work very hard to provide a decent standard of living for my family. I came up from nothing with little opportunity to acheive anything other the potential to become best behaved inmate at Rahway State Prison. I educated myself and set realistic goals.

Now this Administration wants to TAX THE FUCK OUT OF ME and hundreds of millions of other hard working Americans to give it to people who don't give a flying fuck where they are on the socio-economic ladder. They just want something for "free".

Well...I got news for ya....this healthcare isn't free!!!! and it is NOT MY JOB to to DO WHAT YOU should be doing....which is working to provide for your family.

Are we really to believe that the democrats didn't try to create some kind of deathboard policy when they are the same party that tells us that its a woman's right to choose because it either reduces crime, beneifits to the poor economically, or just plain good for population control. I think its not to much of an intellectual leap to go from advocating for voluntary infanticide to advocating suggestive suicide for the elderly by the government.

Give Me a Fudgin Break Obama!

Hey a 3rd grade math student would be able to figure out that you cannot cut 500 BILLION out of Medicare--with the largest generation (millions of baby boomers) entering the medicare system & will continue to do so for the next 15 years without rationing health care to the elderly.

That would only make sense to an Obamalong--:lol::lol:

There isn't going to be a panel that sits there and says you die and you live.

There will however be a cap on 'quality productive years' that the Barrycare will pay, if you are say 75 and need an operation for colon cancer, they will say you don't have enough years left for this to be cost effective and will provide some cheaper alternative .

In effect in will be a death panel without a dramatic view of stern people sitting in judgement, instead it will be a form letter with lines like 'we regret to inform you.'

Some of you should REALLY read this garbage you defend so fervently.

Its an abomination in every way possible.

moonbat.jpg

the so called "death panels" aka end of life councelling was probably the best part of the bill, republicans had to shit all over it and make it out to be something it is not and now something that we actually needed will not be put into place.

End of Life Counseling could too easily morph into something unrecognizable to the common people (AKA us). The most logical progression is
Counseling about quality of life and when to pull the plug changes to
Counseling about assisted suicide (made legal with a recommendation) changes to
Recommending terminating comatose patients who can no longer make decisions changes to
Terminating people needing expensive treatement

The problem is once we pass an amendment for income tax we can't get away from it.
Wait sorry, that was an early example of a hideous morphology.
Once we allow a bureaucracy to begin making those decisions we won't be able to stop them in the future. The future where each of us either dies young or grows old.

I do not want a government hack deciding I cost to much to be allowed to live.

the so called "death panels" aka end of life councelling was probably the best part of the bill, republicans had to shit all over it and make it out to be something it is not and now something that we actually needed will not be put into place.

End of Life Counseling could too easily morph into something unrecognizable to the common people (AKA us). The most logical progression is
Counseling about quality of life and when to pull the plug changes to
Counseling about assisted suicide (made legal with a recommendation) changes to
Recommending terminating comatose patients who can no longer make decisions changes to
Terminating people needing expensive treatement

The problem is once we pass an amendment for income tax we can't get away from it.
Wait sorry, that was an early example of a hideous morphology.
Once we allow a bureaucracy to begin making those decisions we won't be able to stop them in the future. The future where each of us either dies young or grows old.

I do not want a government hack deciding I cost to much to be allowed to live.

without the medical directives/living will, they can kill you...ie terri schiavo.

living wills/medical directives are a good thing.... I am totally against assisted suicide, but a living will is truly a good thing and it needs to go back in the bill... that insurance companies will pay the doctor you choose to have counseling with every 5 years, IF YOU EVEN CHOOSE to do such....the measure was NOT mandatory.

Forum List

Back