Why Shouldn't we Think Deathboards weren't a Part of Obama Health Care Plan?

Its the same thinking that suggest that people should kill themselves because it would be to costly to the "system" that justifies abortion.

Isn't that odd? The GOP is all for forcing women to have children they know they cannot afford to provide for, yet are completely against providing those children with health insurance after they are forced to be born....I don't understand that logic?

Who is forcing anyone to have children and who is against these children having health insurance? I'm wondering who is ordering people to have sex and get pregnant and who is creating laws that stop people from obtaining things for their own needs? Name me one GOP sponsored bill that legally denies people the ability to obtain health insurance. There is not one but I can think of a certain Obama health care bill that tried to the same thing.

I can't tell if you are really this dumb, or if you are just playing dumb. Either way, I refuse to debate with someone this dishonest.

Are we really to believe that the democrats didn't try to create some kind of deathboard policy when they are the same party that tells us that its a woman's right to choose because it either reduces crime, beneifits to the poor economically, or just plain good for population control. I think its not to much of an intellectual leap to go from advocating for voluntary infanticide to advocating suggestive suicide for the elderly by the government.

Give Me a Fudgin Break Obama!

wow, even when there are sound arguments for your side of the debate you still need to resort to emotionalism, hyperbole and bull shit. That's pitiful.

Like I said. There were not official deathboards written in the bill that we know of but when you look at the past of most far left thinkers there ideas tend to follow this route and there were many provisions in the bill that would either make it impossible to obtain private insurance in order to drive everyone onto the government plan where they would essentially be the ones paying the bills which puts them in a position of power over what treatments you will get.

Now I know you think this is paranoid crap but just look at social security. The government dictates when you retire and decides what you will get once you do retire and this year marks the first time that there was no cost of living expenses added into the checks. Now imagine if the government was the "single" payer of health care and realized that it was just to expensive to keep grandma alive. Would her care get a cut from the government like it is with social security?

Again you may think that this is paranoid crap but when the title of a newsweek cover says "The Case for Killing Grandma" it makes me wonder how people on the far left think of the worth of people.

where's the logic?

you think democrats will put in ''death boards'' in our mandatory private insurance system so that democrats can have their own mother, father, sister, brother, grandmom, granddad, child, and themselves, sent to their death by them?

toooooo much paranoia in my opinion....

as was said already by someone earlier, the legit things that gripes are justified for get drowned out by all of this kind of silly, unreasonable, and illogical chatter....be careful.

" Are we really to believe that the democrats didn't try to create some kind of deathboard policy"

Yes because if they did it would be political suicide, also they have no reason to want to do that.

NEXT!

Lovely....
Bauchus bill being debated includes.......A 40% tax on healthcare plans costing $21,000 or more. That's 70% of Americans!!!!!!! Meaning the unions are going to hate this....no wonder Democrats aren't supporting this bill either.

What happened to no tax increase for people making less than $250k

The real dusturbing part of you quote is that 70% of Americans pay more that $21000 a yr. Why can't you see that?

The really disturbing part of YOUR QUOTE is you have no idea what you are talking about!!!

Americans DO NOT pay the entire 21,000 dollars. It's split between them and their employer. Nice try at deception though.......

and you WILL be taxed on 21,000 dollars because it's considered income REGARDLESS of who footed the bill.

Well, at present, ol' Failed can write a bit better than Pubic, but his logic is about on par with Pubic's. Where do we grow such fruitcakes?

Lovely....
Bauchus bill being debated includes.......A 40% tax on healthcare plans costing $21,000 or more. That's 70% of Americans!!!!!!! Meaning the unions are going to hate this....no wonder Democrats aren't supporting this bill either.

Whoooaa... hold on there buddy. Can I get a link for this? Sounds like I'm going to have to write a long angry letter to a congresman again.

because they said they weren't part of the health care bill. these people the democrats are the most trustworthy people ever placed on the planet earth, they never lie and always tell us the truth.

wow, even when there are sound arguments for your side of the debate you still need to resort to emotionalism, hyperbole and bull shit. That's pitiful.

Like I said. There were not official deathboards written in the bill that we know of but when you look at the past of most far left thinkers there ideas tend to follow this route and there were many provisions in the bill that would either make it impossible to obtain private insurance in order to drive everyone onto the government plan where they would essentially be the ones paying the bills which puts them in a position of power over what treatments you will get.

Now I know you think this is paranoid crap but just look at social security. The government dictates when you retire and decides what you will get once you do retire and this year marks the first time that there was no cost of living expenses added into the checks. Now imagine if the government was the "single" payer of health care and realized that it was just to expensive to keep grandma alive. Would her care get a cut from the government like it is with social security?

Again you may think that this is paranoid crap but when the title of a newsweek cover says "The Case for Killing Grandma" it makes me wonder how people on the far left think of the worth of people.

where's the logic?

you think democrats will put in ''death boards'' in our mandatory private insurance system so that democrats can have their own mother, father, sister, brother, grandmom, granddad, child, and themselves, sent to their death by them?

as was said already by someone earlier, the legit things that gripes are justified for get drowned out by all of this kind of silly, unreasonable, and illogical chatter....be careful.

Most of the legislatures who push this have either their own private insurance and care or a gold played congressional plan so they gave themselves an escape hatch.

Lovely....

Whoooaa... hold on there buddy. Can I get a link for this? Sounds like I'm going to have to write a long angry letter to a congresman again.

Here's the first reference I've been able to find from MSNBC:
Senators would tax high-value health insurance plans to pay for covering the uninsured, an approach supporters say would curb health costs because it would lead to employers offering less generous benefits.
House, Senate Dems at odds on health care - Capitol Hill- msnbc.com
Here's another....washington post
Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) initially proposed an excise tax of 35 percent on insurance companies for plans that amounted to $8,000 for an individual and $21,000 for a family. Those amounts were initially set to increase with inflation.
'Cadillac' Health Plans May Be Target of Tax, but Few Agree on a Definition - washingtonpost.com

Google it and you'll find plenty from legit sites.

O.K. does someone want to consider the SAVINGS to the healthcare industry by keeping people HEAKTHY and out of ERs? I don't think I will get a decent response ut the # of people going to ERs which are BY FAR the most expensive type of healthcare and makes people who HAVE ins wait longer than they should,

O.K. does someone want to consider the SAVINGS to the healthcare industry by keeping people HEAKTHY and out of ERs? I don't think I will get a decent response ut the # of people going to ERs which are BY FAR the most expensive type of healthcare and makes people who HAVE ins wait longer than they should,

I actually save a lot of money by not going to the ER so I'm set. I don't know about everyone else but I think if you have to go to the ER then you should pay for it but the people who don't are saving a lot of money.

But you see he will CONTINUE to hold onto his therory that he will NEVER become ill but when he does he will end up in the ER and cost ALL of us thousands because he felt no need for health insurance. Maybe he carries no LIABILITY either.

In fact, the Baucus bill is designed to encourage this kind of thinking among healthy people. With the weak penalties for not buying health insurance, unless this guy is very poor, less than 200% of the poverty level, even with the sliding scale subsidies the bill provides, it will probably be cheaper for him to pay the penalty than pay for health insurance.

Currently, if he did become very sick and need expensive care, he might well be forced into bankruptcy for his folly before the rest of us would have to begin picking up his expenses for him, but under the Baucus bill, he is guaranteed that he can wait to buy health insurance until he is already sick and the rest of us will pay higher premiums to pay his expenses and protect his assets.

So hope I assume you have health insurance. MANY others do NOT so they have ONE CHOICE to go to the ER even if not needed. If there IS a need for an ER visit your ability to "pay it back" will likely bankrupt you.

Of course, everyone who has been paying attention knows this is not true. There are presently federally funded health clinics everywhere that provide comprehensive basic medical and dental care on a sliding scale basis, free if your income is low enough.

HRSA - Find a Health Center - Search Page

In addition, a simple google search will show you that there are many privately funded free clinics in every city. Common sense and prudence should dictate that an ER should direct people with non emergency needs to the many free and sliding scale clinics that are set up to serve their needs, and that Congress does not have to overhaul the health care system to get this job done.

where's the logic?

Most of the legislatures who push this have either their own private insurance and care or a gold played congressional plan so they gave themselves an escape hatch.

pretty please, stop lying or making stuff up.... all insurance plans, even for congress must be part of the insurance exchange....and are mandatory that they follow everything the insurance exchange requires of all plans.

care

So hope I assume you have health insurance. MANY others do NOT so they have ONE CHOICE to go to the ER even if not needed. If there IS a need for an ER visit your ability to "pay it back" will likely bankrupt you.

Of course, everyone who has been paying attention knows this is not true. There are presently federally funded health clinics everywhere that provide comprehensive basic medical and dental care on a sliding scale basis, free if your income is low enough.

HRSA - Find a Health Center - Search Page

In addition, a simple google search will show you that there are many privately funded free clinics in every city. Common sense and prudence should dictate that an ER should direct people with non emergency needs to the many free and sliding scale clinics that are set up to serve their needs, and that Congress does not have to overhaul the health care system to get this job done.

great link! but it does not cover heart attacks, kidney failure, car accidents etc, which will still go through the emergency room on these people, no?

Forum List

Back