Why Ryan Might Be Right

And did you catch Hannity when he said......

Ryan didn't need any PREP! He knows his shit SO well that he doesn't need Hennity to tell him what will be discussed. No alterations. No spin. Ask your questions. End of story.

You BET he's a different breed of cat!

The JAMA study doesn't surprise advocates of this "consumer driven" health care. "Medicare fee-for-service is an inefficient way to deliver care," says James Capretta, associate director of the Office of Management and Budget from 2001 to 2004. "It's an engine for volume-driven spending." Cost savings under a full-fledged voucher system would be much larger, he argues, because Medicare Advantage's modest size has created only "muted competition."

Medicare Advantage reinforces another bit of real-word evidence for market-like policies. This is the Medicare drug benefit (Part D), launched in 2006 with a voucher approach. In 2012, beneficiaries could choose from at least two-dozen plans. Part D's costs have been about 30 percent below early estimates by the Congressional Budget Office, though vouchers are not the only reason (more generic drugs is another). In 2013, average monthly premiums -- the part paid by recipients -- are projected to stay at $30 for a third straight year.

That's pretty good.

So lying about the plan is your method of attacking him? Im shocked!
There is no lie in my post. If there was you would have highlighted it.

Lyin' Ryan's plan repeals the ACA which is paying the donut hole and the co-pays for preventative care as we post. Once Lyin' Ryan's plan repeals the ACA those costs immediately become the responsibility of seniors already on Medicare again. Do you deny that the Lyin' Ryan plan repeals the ACA????

You think i would have highlighted the entire post? What would be the point in doing that? You know that medicare for current recipients isnt affected, yet you continue to claim otherwise. That's just messed up.

Of course Obamacare is repealed. Thats what we want to happen. We want good service, not crappy service. We want people to live. Not let government interference increase our odds of dying sooner.
I continue to claim otherwise because you keep posting a lie that was explained to you more than once!

The repeal of the ACA "Obamacare" puts the cost of the donut hole and the preventative care co-pay back on the shoulders of current recipients immediately, as you well know but are too dishonest to admit.

Last edited:
It was only published in the JAMA.

But Ed thinks he knows better because he's a wannabephysicist.

You posted no link to JAMA, for obvious reasons, it was not a medical study, it was a study by unnamed economists and interpreted/perverted by the radical right-wing site you did link to which I thoroughly debunked with a link to an actual study of actual data.

You posted no link to JAMA, for obvious reasons, it was not a medical study, it was a study by unnamed economists and interpreted/perverted by the radical right-wing site you did link to which I thoroughly debunked with a link to an actual study of actual data.

Radical Right Wing site ? You are a moron.

If Samuelson is lying about what the JAMA article says, we will know soon enough. He's certainly not a schill for the right.

But, all he's done is summarize the article.

Read it and weep.

To you progressives slaming Ryan about Medicare I ask this.... Which candidate actually cut medicare 700 billion dollars?????
Lyin' Ryan in his budget passed by the House which Willard Mitt said he would sign. He takes 716 billion completely out of Medicare and applies it to the debt, but you knew that already.

Why Ryan Might Be Right | RealClearPolitics

Overlooked in the furor surrounding Paul Ryan's Medicare proposal -- a plan, it should be recalled, that wouldn't start until 2023 and even then would affect only new beneficiaries --
It should be recalled that this is not true!!! Lyin' Ryan's plan costs those already on Medicare more money IMMEDIATELY upon passage, not 2023!!! Seniors will suddenly have to pay for the donut hole and co-pays for preventative care out of their own pockets the instant ACA is repealed by Lyin' Ryan's plan.

If Samuelson is lying about what the JAMA article says, we will know soon enough. He's certainly not a schill for the right.

Read it and weep.
I already nailed him in a lie that proves he is a radical right-wing hack in an earlier post you pretend to ignore.

Read it and weep.

Overlooked in the furor surrounding Paul Ryan's Medicare proposal -- a plan, it should be recalled, that wouldn't start until 2023 and even then would affect only new beneficiaries --
It should be recalled that this is not true!!! Lyin' Ryan's plan costs those already on Medicare more money IMMEDIATELY upon passage, not 2023!!! Seniors will suddenly have to pay for the donut hole and co-pays for preventative care out of their own pockets the instant ACA is repealed by Lyin' Ryan's plan.

Read it and weep.
I already nailed him in a lie that proves he is a radical right-wing hack in an earlier post you pretend to ignore.

Read it and weep.

The only thing you've ever nailed is a 2nd cousin.

Keep playing with yourself and hoping it means something to society.

Read it and weep.

Read it and weep.

Your personal attack proves you know I'm correct.
Thank you. :D

Read it and weep.

Your personal attack proves you know I'm correct.
Thank you. :D

Actually, it means I am not going to argue the obvious with you.

I've seen you bleat about people listening to Rush (who don't listen to Rush) enough to know that you really don't know what is right and why your head is up your ass.

frivolous lawsuits get thrown out. Exxon Valdez was a major disaster and they still stonewalled it for 20 years, getting the original award knocked way down. By then many of the plaintiffs were dead. Way to go Rush Limbaugh You got even hillbillys in single wides defending corporations and the super rich.

Another factor that will be on the table.......

when Romney is elected - tort reform.

That alone will decrease costs by a bunch. And that's something the Pubs have long advocated.

I would like to see tort reform, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen. Tens of Thousands of trial lawyers make very good livings by filing suits for damages. Most of our elected representatives are lawyers, and they are very good at protecting their interests.

What are those republican core values besides war for profit? Making sure programs that help ordinary people get cut so the rich can have even greater tax cuts? It can't be about morals. Hey david vitter, tell us about morals.

Because he uses his brain?:)

Sean Hannity just concluded a 45 minute personal interview with Paul Ryan, and I learned much about the plans of R&R and Ryan himself. Their goals are very impressive, if one wants to see America turned back to it's core values and not go into bankruptcy.

What a breath of fresh air, this Ryan is, and very believable.

Hannity repeats at 9:00 pm PT. I have to watch it again. :clap2:

Ryan wants to eliminate the ENTIRE Medicare/Medicaid system. That's the end game.

And the way he's starting that master plan is with the worthless voucher system. The vouchers are going to be less than worthless when insurance costs more than their face value. That doesnt just affect NEW people...that affects EXISTING SENIORS.

People really need to get their heads out of their asses. For fuck's sake...when pressed on details of the Romney budget on camera...the "wonk" (freaking bullshit, he's no wonk) didn't know the details!! The whole point of calling yourself a wonk is that you are a nerd who enjoys reading the fine print to really learn more than other people do. Which he completely fails at.

Here's something else to consider:
Ryan's banking on the fact that increased revenue from supply-side economics (read as: pay the rich and pray they invest the money instead of keeping it) will make up for the massive cuts he's making to give money to the rich. The CBO and several other non-partisan organizations have declared that won't even come close to bringing in the money Ryan says it will.

He can't pay for his own cuts...he's not a fiscal hawk. He's a chicken hawk.

Overlooked in the furor surrounding Paul Ryan's Medicare proposal -- a plan, it should be recalled, that wouldn't start until 2023 and even then would affect only new beneficiaries -- is a just-published study in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) suggesting that, well, Ryan might be right. The study finds that a voucher-type system might noticeably reduce costs compared to "traditional" fee-for-service Medicare. Three Harvard economists did the study, including one prominent supporter of President Obama's health care overhaul.

The study compared the costs of traditional Medicare with Medicare Advantage, a voucher-like program that now enrolls about 25 percent of beneficiaries. Medicare Advantage has cost less for identical coverage. From 2006 to 2009, the gap averaged 11 percent between traditional Medicare and voucher plans that, under the proposal by Ryan and Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., would serve as a price "benchmark."

The central issue here is whether the runaway costs of the health sector, comprising nearly one-fifth of the economy, can be controlled without eroding medical quality. Almost everyone agrees that the delivery system -- the amalgam of hospitals, clinics, doctors and nurses -- should be reorganized to lower costs and eliminate unneeded care. The question is how.

Less? Really?

Yes, really. As a matter of fact, it cost 9% less than traditional Medicare for identical coverage. This is an undisputed fact, even Greenbeard never challenged the number.

Overlooked in the furor surrounding Paul Ryan's Medicare proposal -- a plan, it should be recalled, that wouldn't start until 2023 and even then would affect only new beneficiaries -- is a just-published study in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) suggesting that, well, Ryan might be right. The study finds that a voucher-type system might noticeably reduce costs compared to "traditional" fee-for-service Medicare. Three Harvard economists did the study, including one prominent supporter of President Obama's health care overhaul.

The study compared the costs of traditional Medicare with Medicare Advantage, a voucher-like program that now enrolls about 25 percent of beneficiaries. Medicare Advantage has cost less for identical coverage. From 2006 to 2009, the gap averaged 11 percent between traditional Medicare and voucher plans that, under the proposal by Ryan and Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., would serve as a price "benchmark."

The central issue here is whether the runaway costs of the health sector, comprising nearly one-fifth of the economy, can be controlled without eroding medical quality. Almost everyone agrees that the delivery system -- the amalgam of hospitals, clinics, doctors and nurses -- should be reorganized to lower costs and eliminate unneeded care. The question is how.
Since the highlighted part is untrue the so called study is worthless. Which is always obvious when they claim some unnamed Obama supporter is involved in the study to validate it rather than giving any details about the study.

The real fact is Medicare Advantage costs an average of 14% more than the Fee For Service plan of traditional Medicare.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...PD07nn&sig=AHIEtbQlig1xzl50AA9asLI79SvTJNaCUw

Medicare Advantage plans are currently paid more, on
average, than FFS costs in their area. According to MedPAC,
payments to Medicare Advantage plans per enrollee in 2009
will average 114% of FFS costs for the counties where
Medicare Advantage enrollees reside
(Figure 3).

Ed I still don't know what cynic means. The part of the post you are trying to disprove by talking about something else is 100% true.

Forum List

Back