Why right wing beliefs are so crazy

How the Right-Wing Brain Works and What That Means for Progressives | | AlterNet

Essay from Mooney's new book, The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science--and Reality

Yes, its from a liberal source and yes, its a science-based book but I hope rw's don't dismiss it out of hand. There really are some excellent points - even for the crazy right wing.

You might even see your own reflection ...

Science told us two years ago--that Tomatoes were causing Salmonella. It killed the tomato industry for several weeks until they found out it was coming from somewhere else.

Science told us in the 1980's to NEVER eat read meat--as it gave us heart attacks--and everyone starting loading up on the so-called low fat harmless carbohydrates. Our nation is now obese--and type 2 diabetes is the now the number health concern in this nation--and btw--it's now O.K to eat red meat.

I could go on with statements coming from the science community all night long--where they have blown it time and time again--but why bother?

:clap2:

Notice the post isn't about concepts or agendas or even strategy. The poster criticizes Republican "belief" structure which includes religion, morality, family values and the freaking Constitution. No wonder left wing bigots hate the GOP.
The Republicans believe in the Constitution about as much as the Democrats do. Both parties cherry pick their favorite parts and ignore the rest.

Modern Republicans....

I would exclude the Tea Party - their agenda is to restore the Constitution. Of course libertarians er classical liberals have the same agenda...

How the Right-Wing Brain Works and What That Means for Progressives | | AlterNet

Essay from Mooney's new book, The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science--and Reality

Yes, its from a liberal source and yes, its a science-based book but I hope rw's don't dismiss it out of hand. There really are some excellent points - even for the crazy right wing.

Science told us two years ago--that Tomatoes were causing Salmonella. It killed the tomato industry for several weeks until they found out it was coming from somewhere else.

Science told us in the 1980's to NEVER eat read meat--as it gave us heart attacks--and everyone starting loading up on the so-called low fat harmless carbohydrates. Our nation is now obese--and type 2 diabetes is the now the number health concern in this nation--and btw--it's now O.K to eat red meat.

I could go on with statements coming from the science community all night long--where they have blown it time and time again--but why bother?

Lets not forget about "global cooling."

Science is wrong 99% of the time....

Progressives make it sound like we know everything there is to know... Truth is we factually know about .000000000000001% of what is to know......

80 years ago, you could have replaced the word "Republican" with the word "Jew" or "Negro" and been very popular in German government. The more things change.... :rolleyes:
Awwww, c'mon, now......that "conservative"-icon (Ayn Rand), would never confuse Republicans with Jews or Negroes; who the popular German-government (at that time) referred-to as....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uloc1GBDRMw]NAZI PROPAGANDA - YouTube[/ame]​

Lets not forget about "global cooling."

Science is wrong 99% of the time....

....At least, that's what Phil Cooney (the Chief-Of-Staff, in).....

.....said!!

$

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0i4Sx1edJE]Global Warming and George Bush - YouTube[/ame]

eusa_doh.gif

You Teabaggers make this tooooooooooooo easy!

Men of faith who believed in God were some of the most renowned scientists. From Copernicus to Planck.

Many had deep Christian commitments like physicists Stokes and Maxwell.

To have faith, to be socially conservative is not to be against science.
then why is the right wing against global warming and evolution? oh thats right, when they think a science that is accepted by the rest world is wrong, its labeled a hoax and inconclusive. we could just go back to the days when the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth
Maybe the right wing is smart enough to see a lie when they see it. Man made global warming is the lie.

Men of faith who believed in God were some of the most renowned scientists. From Copernicus to Planck.

Many had deep Christian commitments like physicists Stokes and Maxwell.

To have faith, to be socially conservative is not to be against science.
then why is the right wing against global warming and evolution? oh thats right, when they think a science that is accepted by the rest world is wrong, its labeled a hoax and inconclusive. we could just go back to the days when the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth
Maybe the right wing is smart enough to see a lie when they see it.
....Especially when White Wingers never require any (actual) facts to support their assumptions.

handjob.gif

I love how every single right wing comment is exactly how it is explained in the book. That author nailed you guys to the tee. You people constantly make comments about things you know nothing about. Like this book. None of you read it, but you comment on it. And of coarse, you don't see anything wrong with that. And THAT, is a perfect example of how retarded your brain is. You think you can be smart without knowledge. You just automatically know stuff! But you don't. You just act like you do.

I suggest you people read the book, because you're doing everything it said you would do. And I do mean EVERYTHING!

Last edited:
I love how every single right wing comment is exactly how it is explained in the book. That author nailed you guys to the tee. You people constantly make comments about things you know nothing about. Like this book. None of you read it, but you comment on it. And of coarse, you don't see anything wrong with that. And THAT, is a perfect example of how retarded your brain is. You think you can be smart without knowledge. You just automatically know stuff! But you don't. You just act like you do.

I suggest you people read the book, because you're doing everything it said you would do. And I do mean EVERYTHING!

The differences in morality are different.

The left is always looking to rob someone else with a group mentality (Chicago style)

I could go on with other differences but it doesnt bode well for lefties.

The differences in morality are different.

The left is always looking to rob someone else with a group mentality (Chicago style)

I could go on with other differences but it doesnt bode well for lefties.
Another thing the right does a lot of, is broadstroke. Case in point, your comment about the left "always" wanting to "rob someone". It's nothing but a baseless accusation. Not supported by any data or study. But I don't need to go there to prove you wrong.

I'm on the left. I'm a hardcore liberal. I got my first job when I was 17 and have been working ever since. No one paid my way and I haven't taken anyone's money. I don't live my life at someone else's expense. That's just one example which is completely opposite of what you just said.

That's another thing the book said. You people have this strange aversion to research. You don't like to do it. One of the biggest surprizes for the author was the results of a test they did where they asked a series of questions. What the people didn't know was that they were being timed to the mili-second when they read the questions. And what they found out about conservatives was that it didn't matter what subject was, one of their hot buttons like abortion or the size of government, or something they care little about, like psychology or humanities, 100% of conservatives spent less time than the liberal group in reviewing the question before they answered.

What that says, is that knowledge really scares the shit out of you. Knowing something new, might endanger your core beliefs. And that's death, to a conservative. If it's not familiar, you don't want any part of it.

And what pray tell explains your warped mind? What explains the mentality of a person who thinks there's something wrong with someone's brain just because you don't accept their way of thinking?

Are you retarded or just an intolerant, condescending prick?

And what pray tell explains your warped mind? What explains the mentality of a person who thinks there's something wrong with someone's brain just because you don't accept their way of thinking?

Are you retarded or just an intolerant, condescending prick?
We're not talking about a different way of thinking. We're talking about a pattern of thought that is completely illogical, irrational, emotional and fear-based. You cannot possibly know something you've never experienced. Like the point I was making.

If I asked you to state what my point was, you couldn't tell me. You don't know what my point was. Yet you felt you could respond to it anyway. If you don't know what you were responding to, you don't know what you're talking about. And that's the issue. You don't care to know. All you know is, you saw something unfamiliar, and your fear-based old brain took over from there and you reacted with the usually expected emotional rant and blather.

You people are that way with everything. That's why you believe in death panels, birthers, Obama's a muslim, there's no global warming, the government wants to take your guns, everyone's your enemy, etc. You're not open (or receptive) to any information that contradicts your core beliefs. And the problem with that is, your core belief's don't mean shit unless you put them to the test and they still hold up. And if they don't, then that belief should get dropped or revised. That's just a healthy part of being human. But the right doesn't see it that way. That's why we got a sick country right now that is so dysfunctional, we can't solve any problem facing the nation.

How many posts can you count where a right winger saw something they objected to and didn't attack the poster? Or go off emotionally into some hate spewing vitriol? Reacting to everything that way, goes way beyond a different way of thinking.

No you're not. You're on the stupid. You haven't the capacity or understanding to represent any legitimate political point of view.
For someone to chicken-shit to even participate in a debate, I find it hard to believe you're capable of knowing what a legitimate point of view is.

This stupid shit again?:lol:
What's stupid is you commenting on a book you haven't read and doing everything it said you would do.

Why would I read anything with this title:

The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science—and Reality

The assumption that conservatives deny science and reality is fucking retarded... but hey, have it.. apparently it appeals to you.

Grab onto what ever contemporary heroes you think represent your belief system lefties but Chris Mooney is just a kid who was fresh out of college when 9-11 happened. Chances are he was farting through diapers when Reagan was president. If you want to follow him down the road to greenie globalist warming adventures it's your business but don't expect anyone to believe his crapola.

Grab onto what ever contemporary heroes you think represent your belief system lefties but Chris Mooney is just a kid who was fresh out of college when 9-11 happened. Chances are he was farting through diapers when Reagan was president. If you want to follow him down the road to greenie globalist warming adventures it's your business but don't expect anyone to believe his crapola.

Exactly... and who is it again not living in reality? It's the leftist moonbats who think the world runs on unicorn farts and pixie dust.

Forum List

Back