Why people vote Republican

Because they are stupid.

Rank and file Republicans want to pay higher taxes, so the idle rich can pay less.

I have more respect for those people than pussies like you who don't think you should have to contribute a dime and think you deserve everything to be handed to you for free at someone else's expense.

Why people vote Republican:

(1) They are intelligent.
(2) They are well-informed.
(3) They believe in personal responsibility.
(4) All of the above.

There are two reasons to vote Republican:

1) Because one is rich.
2) Because one has been deceived.

All Republican voters fall into one of those two categories.

Many of them are simply confused.

"Finally, Cornell University’s Suzanne Mettler points out that many beneficiaries of government programs seem confused about their own place in the system. She tells us that 44 percent of Social Security recipients, 43 percent of those receiving unemployment benefits, and 40 percent of those on Medicare say that they “have not used a government program.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/opinion/krugman-moochers-against-welfare.html?hp

Krugman? Bwahahahahah

He has the same credentials as a Nobel Economic prize recipient as Obama had as a Nobel Peace prize recipient at his inaugeration in 2009.

'Let's bomb the shit out of Libya just for the hell of it'!

1) Because one is rich.

The rich all vote for democrats...moron.

You are pretending to be stupid....right?

[Except it is Republicans who are the bigger evil because of their blind belief in the pure free markets.

I've got news for you. We haven't had a pure free market in this country since the 19th century so I don't know where you get this idea that Republicans believe in "pure free markets."

Just because we haven't had a pure free market, doesn't mean that republicans haven't been clamoring for it. "Reduce regulations, eliminate the EPA, eliminate this, eliminate that..." All in the name of letting private enterprise do what they want, when they want.

Because they are stupid.

Rank and file Republicans want to pay higher taxes, so the idle rich can pay less.

I have more respect for those people than pussies like you who don't think you should have to contribute a dime and think you deserve everything to be handed to you for free at someone else's expense.

So Chris is only advocating his positions because he wants things for himself for free?

1) Because one is rich.

Pretty much this. Hypocrisy is pretty much a requirement for anyone who supports hard right republican positions and is not actually wealthy themselves.

Because they are stupid.

you have something proving that?....or is this just more idle Chris talk?.....

Hello!.. Republicans oppose rising taxes on the rich -- can you figure out who will pick up the tab?

Romney's official position is that he wishes to raise taxes on the poor and lower middle class while reducing taxes on the rich.

you have something proving that?....or is this just more idle Chris talk?.....

Hello!.. Republicans oppose rising taxes on the rich -- can you figure out who will pick up the tab?

Romney's official position is that he wishes to raise taxes on the poor and lower middle class while reducing taxes on the rich.

Was this 'official position' generated from an official proclimation? Or did you just make that up?

Pretty much for the same reason many people vote Democratic... SPITE.

I really think 75% of all votes are cast AGAINST candidates voters hate than FOR candidates voters like.

That's because we most often are left with a choice that is the lesser of two evils so you vote against the most egregious or you don't vote at all

Except it is Republicans who are the bigger evil because of their blind belief in the pure free markets. They are consistently wrong about how to manage the economy. First, they promoted deregulation that creates a bubble. When it bursts, those idiots push for austerity. In other words, instead of adopting a counter-cyclical policy, they push for a policy that amplifies market ups and downs, because they think that market is a perfect force.

For same reason they refuse to see the problem with market rising the income inequality -- for them it is all a "natural order" of things, never mind that it is destroying the society.

And yes, they are planning to cut the entitlement programs -- look at Paul Ryan plan for Medicare.

And dimwitcraps want nothing more than to take more and more of our money so tell me what's more evil incompetence or outright theft?

[Except it is Republicans who are the bigger evil because of their blind belief in the pure free markets.

I've got news for you. We haven't had a pure free market in this country since the 19th century so I don't know where you get this idea that Republicans believe in "pure free markets."

Just because we haven't had a pure free market, doesn't mean that republicans haven't been clamoring for it. "Reduce regulations, eliminate the EPA, eliminate this, eliminate that..." All in the name of letting private enterprise do what they want, when they want.

For the past century there have been more Republican presidents than Democratic and yet our nation has gotten farther away from a truly free market than closer to it. The Republican belief in a free market is nothing more than rhetoric. Look at what they actually do, not what they claim to want.

Many of them are simply confused.

"Finally, Cornell University’s Suzanne Mettler points out that many beneficiaries of government programs seem confused about their own place in the system. She tells us that 44 percent of Social Security recipients, 43 percent of those receiving unemployment benefits, and 40 percent of those on Medicare say that they “have not used a government program.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/opinion/krugman-moochers-against-welfare.html?hp

Social Security, Unemployment Insurance and Medicare are all paid into by the recipients. Welfare and Food Stamps are not. That is what those people meant.

Just like I said -- those poor Republican supporters are confused. Because these are government programs. The very programs that Republicans are so eager to cut.

One thing we aren't confused about is, you are a parrot.

1) Because one is rich.

Oh, but Democratic voters are not being deceived, right? :lol:

You're all lambs to your own slaughter. The only difference is the idiot flock you're a member of.

For the past century there have been more Republican presidents than Democratic and yet our nation has gotten farther away from a truly free market than closer to it. The Republican belief in a free market is nothing more than rhetoric. Look at what they actually do, not what they claim to want.

Not arguing that, I think the point was about republican beliefs. Just because they haven't been able to implement their beliefs doesn't change what they desire. And todays conservative republicans are louder than ever with their wishes for a "purely free market", free from regulation and government oversight. Just because they don't get what they want doesn't mean they didn't want it in the first place.

Forum List

Back