Why People Still Support Trump:

As for not taxing the poor. What do you call the tax on everyone who did not buy health insurance?

I call that bullshit.

Obamacare expanded Medicaid, so more poor people will be covered. It also required that large employers provide health insurance, which again, means more people with low income covered. It also provided means based insurance subsidies and specific exemptions to the individual mandate, starting with a qualification that healthcare costs do not exceed 10% of income.

Few did better than poor people under Obamacare, so lets drop that bs.

Bulls***? Really? What did I post which is not 100% true?

Historically high employment.

Which was true since 2015, well before Trump got into office.

450px-US_Employed_and_Non-Farm_payroll_levels_-_v1.png

Best GDP growth since Bush.

Bullshit, Bush had a DESASTEROUS economy, complete with a Great Recession, while Obama had remarkably stable growth. Citing growth from the height of a historic bubble as a good thing is for idiots.

Best real GDP growth year in the last decade was 2015 - 2.9%.

U.S. - GDP growth by year 1990-2017 | Statista

Best wage gains since Bush or before

Again bullshit, 2014-2015 saw strong real income growth.

saupload_median-household-income-in-21st-century-nominal-and-inflation-adjusted-200001-thru-201811.png

Bringing back the MFG jobs that Obama sent overseas.

Bullshit - Obama did no such thing and Manufacturing jobs have been growing since 2010.

Killed the Obamacare tax on poor Americans.

Bullshit - there is no such thing as Obamacare tax on poor.

So clearly you have a question you should answer to yourself: HOW COME YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHIT?

You certainly are more than a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

As for the GDP for President Bush and President Obama.

GDP%202001-2017-X2.jpg

President Barack Hussein Obama first President in history to never have a single year of Growth exceeding 3%.

As for not taxing the poor. What do you call the tax on everyone who did not buy health insurance?

Wtf? You just insulted me a proceeded to confirm that I’m 100% correct.

Bush had 3%+ growth in 2 bubbled up years leading into the biggest recession in modern history. He would give his right nut (pun intended) to have Obama’s steady growth.

And there is another president to so far not have a 3% growth - TRUMP.
W. warned about the housing bubble. Ask Dodd/Frank! In the old days they would have been killed.

Historically high employment.

Which was true since 2015, well before Trump got into office.

450px-US_Employed_and_Non-Farm_payroll_levels_-_v1.png

Best GDP growth since Bush.

Bullshit, Bush had a DESASTEROUS economy, complete with a Great Recession, while Obama had remarkably stable growth. Citing growth from the height of a historic bubble as a good thing is for idiots.

Best real GDP growth year in the last decade was 2015 - 2.9%.

U.S. - GDP growth by year 1990-2017 | Statista

Best wage gains since Bush or before

Again bullshit, 2014-2015 saw strong real income growth.

saupload_median-household-income-in-21st-century-nominal-and-inflation-adjusted-200001-thru-201811.png

Bringing back the MFG jobs that Obama sent overseas.

Bullshit - Obama did no such thing and Manufacturing jobs have been growing since 2010.

Killed the Obamacare tax on poor Americans.

Bullshit - there is no such thing as Obamacare tax on poor.

So clearly you have a question you should answer to yourself: HOW COME YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHIT?

You certainly are more than a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

As for the GDP for President Bush and President Obama.

GDP%202001-2017-X2.jpg

President Barack Hussein Obama first President in history to never have a single year of Growth exceeding 3%.

Wtf? You just insulted me a proceeded to confirm that I’m 100% correct.

Bush had 3%+ growth in 2 bubbled up years leading into the biggest recession in modern history. He would give his right nut (pun intended) to have Obama’s steady growth.

And there is another president to so far not have a 3% growth - TRUMP.

You stated that there was no such thing as a tax on the poor. You are 100% wrong, which you know. Why post something which you know is not true?

WTF?? That’s not what I stated.

I stated there was no Obamacare tax on the poor, because there isn’t.

Not that I liked the way Obamacare was structured. Had it been up to me I would not have expanded Medicaid. And I would not have mandated what services had to be covered. But I'd have used the revenues of taxes on HC providers and employers who didn't offer HC to employees to just offer each tax filer and dependent whatever amout of tax credit could be funded to be applied to a private HC plan. And then see what private markets came up with. And then change policy to cover what could not be covered.

Who would have supplied the money to the states to expand Medicaid?

True, the individual state mandates on healthcare are what drives up the cost.

Who provides the money for HC providers to pay taxes?

Who provides the money for an employer to provide health insurance?

I really dislike Trump, but I don't think that's really right. some very bright and well paid people voted for him. Yes, he appeals to white racists. But he also appeals to Christians who are highly principled ... not my principles, but ....

Why then did more blacks vote for President Donald Trump than voted for Mitt Romney in the 2012 election?

There are two main theories of Trump’s support. One is that a large minority of Americans — 40 percent, give or take — are racist idiots. This theory is at least tacitly endorsed by the Democratic Party and the mainstream liberal media. The other is that a large majority of this large minority are good citizens with intelligible and legitimate opinions, who so resent being regarded as racist idiots that they’ll back Trump almost regardless. They may not admire the man, but he’s on their side, he vents their frustration, he afflicts the people who think so little of them — and that’s good enough.

It’s disappointing that Charlottesville hasn’t changed their minds — but then it hasn’t changed my mind either. I still think the first theory is absurd and the second theory basically correct. . . .

This sense that democratic politics is futile if not downright dangerous now infuses the worldview of the country’s cultural and intellectual establishment. Trump is routinely accused of being authoritarian and anti-democratic, despite the fact that he won the election and, so far, has been checked at every point and has achieved almost nothing in policy terms. (He might wish he were an authoritarian, but he sure hasn’t been allowed to function as one.) Many of his critics, on the other hand, are anti-democratic in a deeper sense: They appear to believe that a little less than half the country doesn’t deserve the vote.

The second theory — the correct theory — is a terrible indictment of the Democratic Party and much of the media. Why aren’t the intelligible and legitimate opinions of that large minority given a hearing? Why must their views be bundled reflexively into packages labelled “bigotry” and “stupidity”? Why can’t this large minority of the American people be accorded something other than pity or scorn?

Why People Still Support Trump

Because Democrats still can’t deal with losing, and a large part of belonging to the left is the satisfaction of feeling superior to ordinary Americans.

All that when you can simple say that all it was is he wasn't "THEM".
Nobody said it better :
Stephen Hawking: Donald Trump Appeals to 'Lowest Common Denominator'

Meh, and other then being a smart guy in a wheel chair, Stephen Hawking is already forgotten.
Nope he is not.

There are two main theories of Trump’s support. One is that a large minority of Americans — 40 percent, give or take — are racist idiots. This theory is at least tacitly endorsed by the Democratic Party and the mainstream liberal media. The other is that a large majority of this large minority are good citizens with intelligible and legitimate opinions, who so resent being regarded as racist idiots that they’ll back Trump almost regardless. They may not admire the man, but he’s on their side, he vents their frustration, he afflicts the people who think so little of them — and that’s good enough.

It’s disappointing that Charlottesville hasn’t changed their minds — but then it hasn’t changed my mind either. I still think the first theory is absurd and the second theory basically correct. . . .

This sense that democratic politics is futile if not downright dangerous now infuses the worldview of the country’s cultural and intellectual establishment. Trump is routinely accused of being authoritarian and anti-democratic, despite the fact that he won the election and, so far, has been checked at every point and has achieved almost nothing in policy terms. (He might wish he were an authoritarian, but he sure hasn’t been allowed to function as one.) Many of his critics, on the other hand, are anti-democratic in a deeper sense: They appear to believe that a little less than half the country doesn’t deserve the vote.

The second theory — the correct theory — is a terrible indictment of the Democratic Party and much of the media. Why aren’t the intelligible and legitimate opinions of that large minority given a hearing? Why must their views be bundled reflexively into packages labelled “bigotry” and “stupidity”? Why can’t this large minority of the American people be accorded something other than pity or scorn?

Why People Still Support Trump

Because Democrats still can’t deal with losing, and a large part of belonging to the left is the satisfaction of feeling superior to ordinary Americans.

All that when you can simple say that all it was is he wasn't "THEM".
Nobody said it better :
Stephen Hawking: Donald Trump Appeals to 'Lowest Common Denominator'

Meh, and other then being a smart guy in a wheel chair, Stephen Hawking is already forgotten.
Nope he is not.

Unless you are an astrophysicist or something yeah he was forgotten long before he died. Smart or no, he was only a guy.

There isn't today, President Donald Trump did away with that tax. Please try to keep up!

Yep Trump did away with non existant Obamacare tax on the poor and then he rode the sled with Santa Claus from the North Pole to the White House. It was amazing.

Are you denying that anyone who did not purchase health insurance was penalized because they did not buy health insurance? In order to make it legal, the Supreme Court, Justice Roberts, had to twist himself into a pretzel and call it a TAX and not a penalty. You really are behind, aren't you?

Yep Trump did away with non existant Obamacare tax on the poor and then he rode the sled with Santa Claus from the North Pole to the White House. It was amazing.

Are you saying that the Obamacare tax was NOT done away with by President Donald Trump? Tell me more!

Are you saying that the Obamacare tax was NOT done away with by President Donald Trump? Tell me more!

..what part of no Obamacare tax on the poor did you misread again? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Are you denying that anyone who did not purchase health insurance was penalized because they did not buy health insurance?

Absolutely I am, because Medicaid is not purchased and penalty does not apply to anyone who's insurance would cost more than 10% of income.

Are you denying that anyone who did not purchase health insurance was penalized because they did not buy health insurance?

Absolutely I am, because Medicaid is not purchased and penalty does not apply to anyone who's insurance would cost more than 10% of income.

[...]
"At the time Trump signed this executive order, it wasn't entirely clear what scope of power this statement held. In other words, the ACA was still very much in place, and Republicans hadn't presented a replacement plan. However, a few weeks later we now know one of the major implications of Trump's first executive order.

This executive order is leading to a major tax change
Some of the more disliked, but critical, components of Obamacare are the individual mandate and associated Shared Responsibility Payment (SRP). The individual mandate is the actionable component of Obamacare requiring all persons to buy health insurance or face penalties come tax time. That penalty is the SRP, which in 2016 is the greater of $695 or 2.5% of a person's modified adjusted gross income. Estimates from the Kaiser Family Foundation predict that the average household SRP in 2016 will be $969."
[...]
Trump's Executive Order on Obamacare Leads to a Big Tax Change -- The Motley Fool

Well, Will, Trump was correct on one thing, when he said that he could go out in the street and shoot someone, and his base would still support him. Kind of reminds me of David Koresh.

You mean the Daviid Koresh the ATF could have arrested on any Saturday morning in Waco while he was buying groceries and unarmed? Instead the PIGS Clinton and Reno sent armed men to Mount Carmel, engaged in gunfire, and later returned to set the compound on fire and shoot the members as they ran out the back? That David Koresh, moron?

Oh, so you want facts? Got it. He is implicated by prosecutors in a court filing as a co-conspirator with hush money payments in an illegal campaign finance scheme to be president. For which he is employed by the U.S. government to be paid as president, for which funds are being disseminated to his benefit, as we speak. He is enriching himself by illegally being in office for which payments should stop.
Trump businesses making millions from political and taxpayer spending – report

As you know, President Donald Trump's net worth has dropped by about $1 BILLION since he announced his run for president of the United States. In spite of that, he works for free, taking no salary.

Once again, how has President Donald Trump's wealth, cost you anything?

If you cannot answer that question or you refuse to answer, please just say so and we can move on. Thank you!
If you can't present a counter argument for his salary as president for which I should not be paying for, present your argument..Trump is implicated for federal crimes for cheating me as a taxpayer out of a free and fair election. Present your counter arguments.

You are aware that Trump doesn't accept a salary for being President and instead donates it each quarter to a worthy cause.

If you can't Google it yourself, you can use this link: Trump donates salary - Google Search

Well, Will, Trump was correct on one thing, when he said that he could go out in the street and shoot someone, and his base would still support him. Kind of reminds me of David Koresh.

You mean the Daviid Koresh the ATF could have arrested on any Saturday morning in Waco while he was buying groceries and unarmed? Instead the PIGS Clinton and Reno sent armed men to Mount Carmel, engaged in gunfire, and later returned to set the compound on fire and shoot the members as they ran out the back? That David Koresh, moron?

You have outed yourself, Will. no more conversation is necessary. You have made it clear that you are a total nut case.

You have outed yourself, Will. no more conversation is necessary. You have made it clear that you are a total nut case.

He posted the truth. Why does that bother you Vandalshandle?

You're the one trying to have a conversation....I'm the one telling you you don't know what you're talking about and it's clear you couldn't care less.

Forum List

Back