Why not release white collar criminals?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Since Obama and the rest of the democratic wants to release non violent criminals then why don't we release people in prison who committed white collar crimes like embezzlement? They are not violent so, by the democratic party's own guidelines, they should be released. Why are we releasing possibly deranged and violent people like drug offenders? I think if we wanted to reduce the prison population we should release all offenders that committed rich people crimes. That should reduce our prison population down low enough so we are no longer the nation that incarcerates more people than any other country in the world.

Sure, if they'll sign a commitment to pay back the money they stole and be banned from working in a position of trust for a period concomitant with the amount they stole.

Why should they get room and board and WiFi on the taxpayers' dime?

Since Obama and the rest of the democratic wants to release non violent criminals then why don't we release people in prison who committed white collar crimes like embezzlement? They are not violent so, by the democratic party's own guidelines, they should be released. Why are we releasing possibly deranged and violent people like drug offenders? I think if we wanted to reduce the prison population we should release all offenders that committed rich people crimes. That should reduce our prison population down low enough so we are no longer the nation that incarcerates more people than any other country in the world.
White collar offenders aren't going to kill anyone. Drug offenders will

CRkNjlrUsAA2VkP.png

Since Obama and the rest of the democratic wants to release non violent criminals then why don't we release people in prison who committed white collar crimes like embezzlement? They are not violent so, by the democratic party's own guidelines, they should be released. Why are we releasing possibly deranged and violent people like drug offenders?
First of all, violent offenders are not included. Secondly, why release those who've stolen millions, as opposed to those who have stolen hundreds? It sends the wrong message.

• Banned
Since Obama and the rest of the democratic wants to release non violent criminals then why don't we release people in prison who committed white collar crimes like embezzlement? They are not violent so, by the democratic party's own guidelines, they should be released. Why are we releasing possibly deranged and violent people like drug offenders?
First of all, violent offenders are not included. Secondly, why release those who've stolen millions, as opposed to those who have stolen hundreds? It sends the wrong message.

They are non violent offenders so what is the harm in releasing them? Once they are released they can steal money from other rich people. Isn't that the democratic way of life. Steal as much money as you can from the rich?

Are there actually any white collar criminals in prison? When we go after fraudsters with the zeal we did for simple possession for 35+ years and prisons get full of them then let's talk about going easy on a criminal class it is already very difficult to prosecute.

Sure, if they'll sign a commitment to pay back the money they stole and be banned from working in a position of trust for a period concomitant with the amount they stole.

Why should they get room and board and WiFi on the taxpayers' dime?

WIFI LOL!

Are there actually any white collar criminals in prison? When we go after fraudsters with the zeal we did for simple possession for 35+ years and prisons get full of them then let's talk about going easy on a criminal class it is already very difficult to prosecute.

i suppose there isn't....wrong. I just said release them all. I didn't say how many that happen to be.

Rather you lose by 1 or by 30, you still lose.

-Geaux

i suppose there isn't....wrong. I just said release them all. I didn't say how many that happen to be.
Why the fuck did you make this thread? Do you actually believe fraud and embezzlement has been over-zealously enforced to the point that it is damaging our society and costing billions for nothing beneficial in return? The drug war is a failure because we tried to solve a public health crisis with cops and prisons. Where is our war on financial fraud? Until we have one there is no comparing drug enforcement to our total failure to hold our richest criminals accountable for their crimes.

Why the fuck did you make this thread? Do you actually believe fraud and embezzlement has been over-zealously enforced to the point that it is damaging our society and costing billions for nothing beneficial in return? The drug war is a failure because we tried to solve a public health crisis with cops and prisons. Where is our war on financial fraud? Until we have one there is no comparing drug enforcement to our total failure to hold our richest criminals accountable for their crimes.

I guess that is pretty good logic but why can't we release rich drug users only? They are the group least likely to commit a violent crime since they have money when they get out. Poor drug users don't so they should be kept in. What do you think of that?

I guess that is pretty good logic but why can't we release rich drug users only? They are the group least likely to commit a violent crime since they have money when they get out. Poor drug users don't so they should be kept in. What do you think of that?
I think you are stupid.

Victimless crimes. If I do drugs, nobody is harmed other than maybe myself.

If I embezzle tens of thousands of dollars from a company, there are many victims.

Who's even in jail? Ain't the Wall Street guys that's for sure .

Madoff is the only guy I can even think of .

Victimless crimes. If I do drugs, nobody is harmed other than maybe myself.

If I embezzle tens of thousands of dollars from a company, there are many victims.

Actually if you do drugs you support violent organizations that threaten many neighborhoods in this country and threaten to overrun Mexico. If you embezzle money you only hurt Walmart.

I think you are stupid.[/QUOTE

U mad bro?

U mad bro?

Actually if you do drugs you support violent organizations that threaten many neighborhoods in this country and threaten to overrun Mexico.

To extrapolate such a long series of indirect events for drug use is about as good as saying that using gas in your car supports terrorists in the Middle East. Doing drugs is a victimless crime.

If you embezzle money you only hurt Walmart.

You hurt the share holders, you hurt the employees who won't receive raises because of the lost profitability, you hurt the manager who oversees the unit and would have received a bonus. Those are all far more direct lines of injury than your "poor Mexico" argument.

But even if we accepted your premise that the only victim is the company itself, the fact of the matter is that there is still a victim.

Forum List

Back