Why not change the immigration laws if you don't like them?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
if the people don't want the immigration laws enforced then why did they bother to create them in the first place? It just seems like we have all became slightly detached from democracy if we think that the executive branch is the sole decision maker on what the rules are going to be in this country. The left is pissed off that Trump dares to enforce the laws that the democratic branch of our government created with the consent of the people they represent. How can you be pissed off at Trump for enforcing what is already there and why haven't these same people simply just work to change the immigration laws if they don't like them? I suspect that that route would be beyond their comprehension since it would require getting popular opinion and approval of the people. It is just much easier to bitch at the guy that is enforcing the laws as if he was the only guy who is responsible for their creation. It just seems like to me that they act as if Trump created these immigration laws a few months ago when he got elected.

SD, the majority of Americans do not want a round up and mass deportation.

They want a pathway to normalization, at the very least, and the removal of criminal illegals to their home country and the imprisonment of those who hurt illegals.

Trump could give every American citizen a thousand dollars and they would call him stingy.

They want a pathway to normalization, at the very least, and the removal of criminal illegals to their home country and the imprisonment of those who hurt illegals.
Amnesty is failure. You support failure, fakey. How does that make you feel?

if the people don't want the immigration laws enforced then why did they bother to create them in the first place? It just seems like we have all became slightly detached from democracy if we think that the executive branch is the sole decision maker on what the rules are going to be in this country. The left is pissed off that Trump dares to enforce the laws that the democratic branch of our government created with the consent of the people they represent. How can you be pissed off at Trump for enforcing what is already there and why haven't these same people simply just work to change the immigration laws if they don't like them? I suspect that that route would be beyond their comprehension since it would require getting popular opinion and approval of the people. It is just much easier to bitch at the guy that is enforcing the laws as if he was the only guy who is responsible for their creation. It just seems like to me that they act as if Trump created these immigration laws a few months ago when he got elected.

They don't dare change them to what they prefer because they know the American people would immediately eject them from office.

• Banned

If you have masses number of people violating the law then you have to enforce the law for all of them because it would seem kind of unfair for some to get exceptions while others have to go. What makes Jose the farm worker any different that Juan the Janitor? Their isn't anything in the law that grants an exception so they all must go. Perhaps not all at once but they must go and get in a line just like every other immigrant to this country has done.

What makes amnesty a failure?

• Banned

They don't dare change them to what they prefer because they know the American people would immediately eject them from office.

That is my point exactly. Most people want immigration laws which is why no one has ever suggested completely repealing them. The question I wonder is why is it there is a group of people who are determined to go around this process whenever they realize it won't work for them?

It's an admission that you refuse to enforce the law.

It gives incentive for more illegals. Its completely redundant. Why not just get rid of borders?
It is a historic republican failure.

That is my point exactly. Most people want immigration laws which is why no one has ever suggested completely repealing them. The question I wonder is why is it there is a group of people who are determined to go around this process whenever they realize it won't work for them?

Obviously they don't give a shit about what the American people want. They are all tyrants at heart who would ram their agenda down the throats of an unwilling citizenry.

Last edited:

You dont make any sense

We've been trying to...you know, comprehensive immigration reform...but partisan bickering gets in the way.

You dont make any sense
It makes perfect sense.

Obviously they don't give a shit about what the American people want. The are all tyrants at heart who would ram their agenda down the throats of an unwilling citizenry.
who are you to tell us just what the American people want?

You dont make any sense
I'm sure I don't make sense to irrational snowflakes.

We've been trying to...you know, comprehensive immigration reform...but partisan bickering gets in the way.
"comprehensive immigration reform" pretty much means amnesty. Sound bites is all it is.

Obviously they don't give a shit about what the American people want. The are all tyrants at heart who would ram their agenda down the throats of an unwilling citizenry.

The American people have made their wishes known every time the Congress tried to pass a so-called "comprehensive immigration" bill.

I totally agree. Democracy should be scrapped whenever it doesn't get the results a few people want.

The American people have made their wishes known every time the Congress tried to pass a so-called "comprehensive immigration" bill.
There is a small town in southern Illinois, called West Frankfort. Earlier this week a Latino was arrest for deportation. The town was up in anger because this man, although illegal, was a backbone of the community- hard worker, family man, charity contributor, businessman. They demanded that he be allowed to keep living in town. So what is it, arrest all the illegals, but done touch ours? How many stories like this have been playing out around the country?

Forum List

Back