Why Mitt Romney only does Fox News Interviews

As the Right scrambles to defend their new messiah

Romney is following the Palin playbook by avoiding those tough "What newspapers do you read?" questions in favor of a stream of softballs

Where is Romney on Meet the Press? or Face the Nation?

It is the new Republican......avoid hard questions at all costs

Has he been invited on Meet the Press or Face the Nation? My understanding is that such invites are usually reserved for actual nominees.... point of order... he ain't the fucking nominee yet.

Apparently, this is another fact that you sacrifice for 'theory'. You are embarrassingly dumb. But, thank you for not being a conservative... Stupid conservatives annoy me more than stupid liberals.

:eusa_shifty: Thats your story and your sticking to it?

Meet the Press doesn't invite you till you are the actual nominee? They must have a hard time getting guests if those are their standards

When will your messiah do a hard interview?

NFL on FOX: O'Reilly interviews Obama - YouTube

At what point do you guys stop being so fucking wrong.

:lol:

At what point does the OP admit it's a lie that Romney doesn't do interviews with anyone but FOX?

Dumb ass.

When is Romney going to do a hard interview?

Morning shows and Jacksonville just don't cut it

Try reading the TIME interview. Oh wait, you can't. You said he doesn't do interviews with anyone but FOX, so the TIME interview must be a fake. :rolleyes:

Obama only gives press conferences and interviews when the questions have been pre-screened. He won't answer tough questions, it's beneath him to explain to a lowly reporter why he does what he does. He also gets to choose his audience, can't have someone "bad" in there. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
reminds me of my thread ystrdy that got 56 views but not one response :eusa_eh: :eusa_whistle:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/225870-republican-campaign-adviser.html
"Do you think we're ever going to see him on one of these Sunday morning interview shows?" CBS host Bob Schieffer asked Gillespie. "I know he does Fox but we'd love to have him sometime as would [NBC's] Meet the Press and would the ABC folk."

"You know, Bob, the fact is that we're going to take our message to the American people," Gillespie explained. "You saw him talking to schoolchildren last week giving a speech on education reform."

Why does Romney only do Fox? Schieffer asks - POLITICO.com

"You think we're ever going to see [Mitt Romney] on one of these Sunday morning interview shows? I know he does Fox, but we'd love to have him some time, as would "Meet the Press" and the ABC folk, I would guess," the CBS "Face the Nation" host asked Sunday.

Gillespie, an adviser to the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, pointed out that Romney spoke "to schoolchildren last week."

Then, he said he'd take Schieffer's suggestion under careful consideration. "We'll have to consider a number of options, and I'm sure the morning shows are [some] of them," Gillespie said.

Schieffer, pointedly, politely replied: "I know schoolchildren are happy to see him."

this thread is dead..it's been proven the "week" is a liar, again..

too bad these left wing site have to resort to lying or just doen't care it's not honest..

• Thanks
Barry Hussein knows all too well that an ambush question can be embarrassing and that's why he sticks to friendly interviews and relies on a teleprompter. We saw what the hysterical liberal babes did to nice guy Bill O'Reilly on their morning show with their antics and running off the stage. It's a shame to have to say it but the left wing is desperate and angry and hysterical and they will try any trick in the book.

• Thanks
Gee. Can't say I've seen Barry interviewing with FOX very often.

Also. Was't his posse trying to get FOX baned from the Press corp at one point??

Funny how that works.

Bill O'Reilly's Obama Interview Shows Media Irresponsibility

Bill O’Reilly asked a very revealing question of President Obama during his pre-Super Bowl interview with the chief executive. But the revelation was about O’Reilly and modern media, and not the subject of the interview.

"Does it disturb you that so many people hate you?" Fox's O’Reilly asked Obama. [See photos of the Obamas behind the scenes.]
The president chuckled a bit, and responded:

You know, the truth is that the people—and I’m sure previous presidents would say the same thing, whether it was Bush or Clinton or Reagan or anybody—the people who dislike you don’t know you.

That wasn’t enough of a reaction for O’Reilly, who pressed ahead. "But they hate you," the Fox News Channel host said. Again, Obama was characteristically unruffled, responding:

The folks who hate you, they don’t know you. What they hate is whatever fun-house mirror image of you that’s out there, and they don’t know you. And so, you don’t take it personally … I think that by the time you get here, you have to have had a pretty thick skin. If you didn’t, then you wouldn’t have got here.

O’Reilly seemed almost disappointed by the answers—what did he expect, to make Obama cry?—but the exchanges, while saying little about the president’s real or imagined internal angst, said a great deal about the role of the media in exacerbating a hostile political environment. O’Reilly knows that. He is surely aware that people hate him (or more likely, hate what he says and represents), but I doubt it bothers him. You don’t get the high ratings O’Reilly and other combative TV hosts across the political spectrum get unless you are polarizing. And it’s maddening to flame-throwers when their target doesn’t fight fire with more fire. O’Reilly is capable of both graciousness and responsible journalism; he kindly thanked the administration for helping Fox’s correspondents out of a dangerous situation in Cairo, and he asked legitimate questions about healthcare and the future of the Middle East. Yet he had to placate his viewers by presenting the nation as one divided between people who hate the president and those who don’t. [Check out a roundup of political cartoons on the Egypt protests.]

Why does Romney only do Fox? Schieffer asks - POLITICO.com

"You think we're ever going to see [Mitt Romney] on one of these Sunday morning interview shows? I know he does Fox, but we'd love to have him some time, as would "Meet the Press" and the ABC folk, I would guess," the CBS "Face the Nation" host asked Sunday.

Gillespie, an adviser to the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, pointed out that Romney spoke "to schoolchildren last week."

Then, he said he'd take Schieffer's suggestion under careful consideration. "We'll have to consider a number of options, and I'm sure the morning shows are [some] of them," Gillespie said.

Schieffer, pointedly, politely replied: "I know schoolchildren are happy to see him."

roflmaok.jpg

The liberal media has spent the last few presidential campaigns making their bias clear. It should not come as any surprise to them that in today's media rich environment, that candidates no longer have to deal with them. When you make it clear that you play for the other team, don't whine because you've been found out.

Barry Hussein knows all too well that an ambush question can be embarrassing and that's why he sticks to friendly interviews and relies on a teleprompter. We saw what the hysterical liberal babes did to nice guy Bill O'Reilly on their morning show with their antics and running off the stage. It's a shame to have to say it but the left wing is desperate and angry and hysterical and they will try any trick in the book.

Willard is afraid to answer anything but softball questions that his campaign has fed the interviewer. God forbid there is a followup question to Willards talking points

I thought we got away from this crap when Bachmann and Palin dropped out

So far, President Obama has sat down for interviews with Bill O'Reilly - twice, Bret Baier, Chris Wallace.

When will Mittwit sit for an interview with Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, or Christopher Hayes?

Because Meet the Press and Face the Nation are for President Obama.
Of course Romney should be wary of the media.
The media are increasingly adversarial. It’s always in the candidate’s interest to talk to the media on his terms and his timing. Why would he want to turn his agenda over to the press?”

Oh check that out..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5RD9BhcCo]Rapping Rove - YouTube[/ame]

That's "Meet the Press" David Gregory as one of Rove's posse.

What has a Radio & TV correspondents association dinner got to do with TV interviews with Presidential candidates on programs? :eusa_whistle:

Anyone that even has a passing interest in either of those shows..know that

A. David Gregory is pretty conservative.
B. Bob Schieffer, in no way, wears any political affiliations on his sleeve.

Forum List

Back