Why Lena Dunham shouldn't vote.

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
Why Lena Dunham shouldn apos t be allowed to vote - LA Times

"Vote first, ask questions later" is not a mantra of good citizenship. It's a marketing strategy designed to reward politicians for voters' ignorance.

I would have just come out and said stupid people shouldn't vote, that would be the end of the democrook party. However Mr Goldberg using this Duhnam creature is astute, because she embodies the incredible depth of liberal ignorance.

"Vote first, ask questions later" is not a mantra of good citizenship. It's a marketing strategy designed to reward politicians for voters' ignorance.

I would have just come out and said stupid people shouldn't vote, that would be the end of the democrook party. However Mr Goldberg using this Duhnam creature is astute, because she embodies the incredible depth of liberal ignorance.

She can vote for any goddamn reason she wants. It's her constitutional right.

Apparently, a Fox News contributor is considered noteworthy when he appears in the LA Times.

Well for the far left there are only two choices, vote far left or not at all..

Abstaining from voting does nothing as far as proving a point.

It is what the two parties want, don't give them what they want..

• Banned

Voting is not a right, but a privilege granted or withheld at the discretion of local and state governments.

It doesn't surprise me you want mindless imbeciles like her voting though.

Voting is not a right, but a privilege granted or withheld at the discretion of local and state governments.

:bsflag:

Voting is certainly a right.

There are also restrictions on gun ownership, although we have the right to keep and bear arms in this country, you boob.

Did you get to vote? You're a mindless imbecile.

• Banned

There are also restrictions on gun ownership, although we have the right to keep and bear arms in this country, you boob.

:fu:

No it isn't a right bed wetter. The Bill of Rights has not a single mention of voting.

It does however refer to the right to keep and bear arms which I'm sure you'd love to claim doesn't really exist. Just because there are unconstitutional laws that stand unchallenged doesn't mean there is no RKBA.

I got to vote because I'm not a felon, I'm alive, and I have ID.

Democrooks like you have a problem with that though.

No it isn't a right bed wetter. The Bill of Rights has not a single mention of voting.

It does however refer to the right to keep and bear arms which I'm sure you'd love to claim doesn't really exist. Just because there are unconstitutional laws that stand unchallenged doesn't mean there is no RKBA.

Scholars and courts often note that the Constitution nowhere says, "All individuals have the right to vote." It simply rules out specific limitations on "the right to vote." A right not guaranteed in affirmative terms isn't really a "right" in a fundamental sense, this reading suggests.

But if the Constitution has to say "here is a specific right and we now guarantee that right to every person," there are almost no rights in the Constitution. Linguistically, our Constitution is more in the rights-preserving than in the right-proclaiming business. The First Amendment doesn't say "every person has the right to free speech and free exercise of religion." In the Second, the right to "keep and bear arms" isn't defined, but rather shall not be "abridged." In the Fourth, "[t]he right of the people to be secure ... against unreasonable searches and seizures" isn't defined, but instead "shall not be violated." In the Seventh, "the right of (civil) trial by jury" -- whatever that is -- "shall be preserved." And so on.

In those terms, it ought to mean something that the right to vote is singled out more often than any other. Section 2 of the Fourteenth Amendment imposes a penalty upon states that deny or abridge "the right to vote at any [federal or state] election ... to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, ... except for participation in rebellion, or other crime." The Fifteenth states that "[t]he right of citizens of the United States to vote" can't be abridged by race; the Nineteenth says that the same right can't be abridged by sex; the Twenty-Fourth says that "the right of citizens of the United States to vote" in federal elections can't be blocked by a poll tax; and the Twenty-Sixth protects "[t]he right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote."

So if our courts treat the ballot as less than a fundamental right, they aren't reading that in the Constitution, but projecting it onto the Constitution.

Voting Right or Privilege - The Atlantic

Lena Dunham is a revolting Progressive child molester.

She deserves to be shunned.

I don't even know who she is, but if she's not a felon and she's registered to vote, she has every right to vote, and for any reason.

I didn't know that the definition of "to shun" involved taking away someone's right to vote.

Thanks for clearing that up.

And btw, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Yup,but she, much like yourself is a fucking moron.

I don't even know who she is, but if she's not a felon and she's registered to vote, she has every right to vote, and for any reason.

I didn't know that the definition of "to shun" involved taking away someone's right to vote.

I never said it was, Bipolar.

I never said it was, Bipolar.

It's not my fault that you cannot read for comprehension.

Last edited:

"stupid people shouldn't vote"...???

The Tea Party is that brown stuff at the shallow end of the gene pool (after a pre-school class goes swimming)...

democracy-tea-party-political-poster-1292602190.jpg

Another pathetic "people I don't like or agree with shouldn't..." Vote, have free speech, be successful.... Thread.

Scholars and courts often note that the Constitution nowhere says, "All individuals have the right to vote." It simply rules out specific limitations on "the right to vote." A right not guaranteed in affirmative terms isn't really a "right" in a fundamental sense, this reading suggests.

But if the Constitution has to say "here is a specific right and we now guarantee that right to every person," there are almost no rights in the Constitution. Linguistically, our Constitution is more in the rights-preserving than in the right-proclaiming business. The First Amendment doesn't say "every person has the right to free speech and free exercise of religion." In the Second, the right to "keep and bear arms" isn't defined, but rather shall not be "abridged." In the Fourth, "[t]he right of the people to be secure ... against unreasonable searches and seizures" isn't defined, but instead "shall not be violated." In the Seventh, "the right of (civil) trial by jury" -- whatever that is -- "shall be preserved." And so on.

In those terms, it ought to mean something that the right to vote is singled out more often than any other. Section 2 of the Fourteenth Amendment imposes a penalty upon states that deny or abridge "the right to vote at any [federal or state] election ... to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, ... except for participation in rebellion, or other crime." The Fifteenth states that "[t]he right of citizens of the United States to vote" can't be abridged by race; the Nineteenth says that the same right can't be abridged by sex; the Twenty-Fourth says that "the right of citizens of the United States to vote" in federal elections can't be blocked by a poll tax; and the Twenty-Sixth protects "[t]he right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote."

So if our courts treat the ballot as less than a fundamental right, they aren't reading that in the Constitution, but projecting it onto the Constitution.

Voting Right or Privilege - The Atlantic

For all the bullshit in this leftist rant, you can still find NOTHING that implies, promotes or even references voting.... PERIOD.

The Constitution contains many phrases, clauses, and amendments detailing ways people cannot be denied the right to vote. You cannot deny the right to vote because of race or gender. Citizens of Washington DC can vote for President; 18-year-olds can vote; you can vote even if you fail to pay a poll tax. The Constitution also requires that anyone who can vote for the "most numerous branch" of their state legislature can vote for House members and Senate members.

Note that in all of this, though, the Constitution never explicitly ensures the right to vote, as it does the right to speech, for example. It does require that Representatives be chosen and Senators be elected by "the People," and who comprises "the People" has been expanded by the aforementioned amendments several times. Aside from these requirements, though, the qualifications for voters are left to the states. And as long as the qualifications do not conflict with anything in the Constitution, that right can be withheld. For example, in Texas, persons declared mentally incompetent and felons currently in prison or on probation are denied the right to vote. It is interesting to note that though the 26th Amendment requires that 18-year-olds must be able to vote, states can allow persons younger than 18 to vote, if they chose to.

Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

The bill of rights explicitly says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It makes no mention of the government having the power to stop people from celebrating religious holidays, or shutting down businesses that refuse services to anyone for any reason.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't know how you bed wetters can fuck up a wet dream, but you always manage to do so. Every time you idiots try to use Drano for a laxative I'm hoping the lid fails.

Forum List

Back