Why Jobs Aren't Being Created

Well yes the cost of hiring employees outweighs their value to a company. When we can get the same work done and the product imported for 1/10 of what it costs of a US worker.
Or when there is no more market for your product to expand?
Between unemployed and underemployed companies are selling pretty much all the product in the USA that they can right now. ie market saturation. The only way to increase profits is to outsource overseas or to raise the prices on things people must buy.
Neither of those methods increases employment becuase they do not increase volume of sales.

The people that try and spin thigs away from the real causes annoy me.

The Volt is too expensive to be widely sold. It will simply be an oddity in history within three years.

With sales being reported as flat to only slightly higher than last year at this time, the job gains should be temporary in retail.

Why do you hire 1,000 engineers for a vehicle already in production? Something is wrong with your article.

you hire engineers to expand and develop the technology, to make it cheaper and more efficiently. :cuckoo:

It is the most likely path, yes.

Recovery indicates an upward path. Deflated prices due to low demand isn't a recovery. It is Japanese style deflation. And that is where we're headed with this adminsitration.

We started down this path with the previous adminstration and it will continue for at least a decade.
In reality we started down this path over 30 years ago.

Correction, we started down this path in 1913, with the formation of the Federal Reserve and the passage of the 16th Amendment. It's not a coincidence that these two occurred in the same era.

Recovery indicates an upward path. Deflated prices due to low demand isn't a recovery. It is Japanese style deflation. And that is where we're headed with this adminsitration.

We started down this path with the previous adminstration and it will continue for at least a decade.

Correction, we started down this path in 1913, with the formation of the Federal Reserve and the passage of the 16th Amendment. It's not a coincidence that these two occurred in the same era.

yes but in 1980 our total national debt was around $633 billion.

Yes it was much lower, although the figures I have seen are around $900B. Now we are seeing the snowballing effect of massive entitlement programs combined with decades of tax and spend practices.

The Pot does not start off at a Full Boil.

The Volt is too expensive to be widely sold. It will simply be an oddity in history within three years.

With sales being reported as flat to only slightly higher than last year at this time, the job gains should be temporary in retail.

Why do you hire 1,000 engineers for a vehicle already in production? Something is wrong with your article.

you hire engineers to expand and develop the technology, to make it cheaper and more efficiently. :cuckoo:

The auto industry has not followed that path since 1950. If GE does not stay commited to electric refueling stations this thing is a bust in a year and a half.

I saw this this AM in the WSJ. You may not be able to access the whole thing but search for it as it is available. It is all anyone needs to know in a nutshell: The cost of hiring employees far outweighs any expected benefit their employment might confer. That is all anyone needs to know. That and the fact that this situation is the creation of Team Obama with help from other and past pols.
Michael P. Fleischer: Why I'm Not Hiring - WSJ.com

I watch some of the business channels. same thing, thousands of jobs and corporations headed oversea.. gobama gobama gobama!

No change between "out sourcing is a good thing" Bush & Obama. They were leaving town then, they are leaving town now.

Thity years of government tinkering. Time to stop. I have no problem with enforcement of safety and security rules or regualtions. Trying to reshape what we purchase or how the economy runs needs to stop.

Government wasn't tinkering for the worker, it was corporations & their lobbyists. WTO & NAFTA are not worker inventions. Taking work away from Teamsters & giving it to low paying Mexicans was not the workers. Flooding our markets with cheap foreign crap was not our workers either. Hiring illegals was not our workers either. Subsidizing countrys with foreign aid so they can undersell our companies was not the workers either.

Last edited:

You're not familiar with that engineering-term, DEVELOP, huh????

297.png

Thity years of government tinkering. Time to stop. I have no problem with enforcement of safety and security rules or regualtions. Trying to reshape what we purchase or how the economy runs needs to stop.

Government wasn't tinkering for the worker, it was corporations & their lobbyists. WTO & NAFTA are not worker inventions. Taking work away from Teamsters & giving it to low paying Mexicans was not the workers. Flooding our markets with cheap foreign crap was not our workers either. Hiring illegals was not our workers either. Subsidizing countrys with foreign aid so they can undersell our companies was not the workers either.

So subsidizing our own businesses is a better idea? We aren't subsidizing foreign countries. It's called competeitive advantage. They have it and we don't.

Yes it was much lower, although the figures I have seen are around $900B. Now we are seeing the snowballing effect of massive entitlement programs combined with decades of tax and spend practices.

The Pot does not start off at a Full Boil.

Hmm, you failed to mention that those programs were doing just fine until Bush got his fingers in it. And I do notice you didn't mention his wars, Borrow & Spend practices, and a Trillion Dollars down the shit hole. How does that work out for your theory?:eusa_angel:

The attack against job creation is growing at an alarming rate - and has been reached all new levels within the last few years.

Increased regulation and accompanying taxes are stifling the present business climate in America, as well as inhibiting its future growth. These taxes and regulations are put upon in layers of local, state, and federal levels.

The long established production industries have been decimated in great part by the legacy costs inflicted upon them via the unions.

Unions are destroying America. No offense to our union workers in here - past and present, but the great machine that is the union centralized power structure has been crippling the economy for far too long and is now aggressively moving the nation toward a European socialized economic model that will forever negatively alter the potential of future generations of Americans.

Unions are destroying America??????
Union workers only make up 12% of the entire US workforce, so if they are destroying America, well that is totally amazing.
Union served their purpose until greed by thier upper tier leaders got in the way.
But there was a time in the US history that the unions had a positive effect on the wages, benefits and working conditions for all American workers. As the unions declined, their influence died. For almost 25 years wage growth in real dollars has been close to stagnant and wage growth in the last tens years has been basically non-existent.
What's killing the American worker is the off-shoring of jobs and Free Trade by taking away the jobs and driving down wages.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....those massive entitlement programs that NONE o' the Republican-congressmen want to touch!!!!!!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWMgEp4QlvQ&feature=related[/ame]

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

The auto industry has not followed that path since 1950.
Try, again, Skippy!!

Manufacturing is manufacturing, no matter what industry!!!

Try to stick to subjects you understand.

:rolleyes:

So subsidizing our own businesses is a better idea? We aren't subsidizing foreign countries. It's called competeitive advantage. They have it and we don't.

LOL! If I give you a thousand dollars a day, can you buy more or less? We subsidize countries like worthless Israel, so they can undersell us. You can call that whatever you want, I call it subsidizing. And we are doing that for other worthless countries who are doing the same thing to us. Then we subsidize our corporations to export. I call that corporate aid, you call it what ever you want. And we pay their legal fees, and give them bonuses if they do a real good job exporting. I call that corporate welfare, you can call it whatever you want.

Last edited:
The attack against job creation is growing at an alarming rate - and has been reached all new levels within the last few years.

Increased regulation and accompanying taxes are stifling the present business climate in America, as well as inhibiting its future growth. These taxes and regulations are put upon in layers of local, state, and federal levels.

The long established production industries have been decimated in great part by the legacy costs inflicted upon them via the unions.

Unions are destroying America. No offense to our union workers in here - past and present, but the great machine that is the union centralized power structure has been crippling the economy for far too long and is now aggressively moving the nation toward a European socialized economic model that will forever negatively alter the potential of future generations of Americans.

Union served their purpose until greed by thier upper tier leaders got in the way.

Why don't you expand on that thought, and back it up with some references of facts. I haven't seen that over the course of my Union career or retirement, and I think I might have noticed if it were true. But the FACT is, unions have been making concessions to corporations for over 25 years. By that I mean, they reduced members pay by 20% for any work on existing structures. Then they reduced the wages on new structure work to help the economy grow. I belong to the biggest union in America of skilled workers, the majority in the union field of that 12%.

Now if any of the ya-who's here had bothered to get a history lesson in GM (another group of union workers), they would know that GM negotiated for union members to take a cut in pay over a 20 year period so that GM could pay them medical benefits. When the bill came due, they balked on the union members and refused to pay them a decent wage as they agreed to. Not that they couldn't afford it. The money they saved off the backs of these workers built plants all over the globe and were well established in other country's. Then, at the same time they were filing bankruptcy, they were still building foreign auto plants that if sold would have given them the capital to avoid the bankruptcy

Now, in the meantime, what percent of Americans can say their wages were cut 20% ? That would be that big chunk of 88% of America over the last 25 years. How many opted for retirement packages as business closed their doors, instead of taking a reduced wage?

So to say Unions are greedy, IMO, it is a fabrication of fantasy from the rightwing, and an out right lie.:eek:

In trying to find the whole article, I ran up on this:

Debunking article

I think both articles make good points, but it's funny to get "the rest of the story" about where the article came from and what it was influenced by.

UAW HISTORY on Concessions.

New York Times on the UAW?s corporatism: a rewriting of history

Gettelfinger likely made his comments because the union's membership would not have approved concessions to Chrysler, said David Cole, chairman of the Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor.

Rank-and-file union members made concessions when the company was hurting in the 1990s and don't want to do it again because Chrysler has been profitable, he said.
UAW leader says union won't give same health care concessions to Chrysler - USATODAY.com

By early 1982, because of low car sales and foreign competition, Bieber found himself agreeing to the first contract in the history of GM in which workers made concessions (gave back things already won). GM workers agreed, among other things, to put off annual wage increases and accept less paid time off the job.

Owen Bieber Biography - history, school, son, information, born, contract, time, year

In trying to find the whole article, I ran up on this:

Debunking article

I think both articles make good points, but it's funny to get "the rest of the story" about where the article came from and what it was influenced by.

This is how it works here V, the rightwing posts some piece of garbage article to start a thread. Then they start saying all kinds of bullshit they have no references or proof of, make up more BS when you ask for reference. Then you come along with the rferenced factual article that sinks their fantasies, and they leave the thread, go find another shitty article to post and do it all over again. This site is just a WWW hugging station for them, not a debate site. Most likely they will turn to personal attacks here, since you provided proof they are full of shit. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back