Government: The Greatest Economic Malefactor

Lightfiend

Jun 17, 2009
It is plainly visible that even the most commonly implemented and widely accepted economic prescriptions of government are, in practice, contrary to purpose. Most interventionist policies are detrimental to the health of the economy, violate the property rights of individuals, and bestow economic advantages on particular groups within society, largely at the expense of all other groups.

SOURCE

I am curious whether you actually believed everything that the author expressed in the article.

Even if everything he said is true, and we can't know that since there has never been a market that was even reasonably free, i would all be irrelevant because our economy is managed from the top down via globalization, numerous NGOs, and numerous treaties, international oversight orgs (BIS, IMF, etc).

The imposition of the US dollar as world reserve currency alone so skews the world's markets that all discussion of "free markets" is mere fantasy.

So how can you simply accept this doctrine of free markets that have never existed, and will never exist, at face value?

I mean the very organization of competing nation states makes the "free market" impossible.

Forum List

Back