Why Jobs Aren't Being Created

We're a nation in decline and this is just one more example of it. The era of good paying labor intensive jobs in America - the kind that average people of average skill could do - is fading away. More and more, in this country, you will either be highly educated/skilled and reasonably well off,

or you will have ordinary skills/education and struggle to get by.

A companies duty after making a safe product or providing a service of some kind is to make money.One of the problems those in government fail to get a grip on is Government can not create jobs.This administration in particular has a bunch of egg heads in it,university types who never ran a company,worked in a company,earned a paycheck,tried to do their best to make payroll week after week to pay their employees.

They need to just get out of the way.

Or just trade in stocks and such and produce nothing.

Once you learn that too much house, too much car, and too many kids are all really really bad ideas to include in your chosen lifestyle...

...life gets pretty good, even if you aren't raking in the big bucks.

Truth.
you might just slow down enough to realize what is actually important in life.

A companies duty after making a safe product or providing a service of some kind is to make money.One of the problems those in government fail to get a grip on is Government can not create jobs.This administration in particular has a bunch of egg heads in it,university types who never ran a company,worked in a company,earned a paycheck,tried to do their best to make payroll week after week to pay their employees.

They need to just get out of the way.

Only about 1 in 3 in the USA get their income from the government either directly as in a govt employee or indirectly as in working for a business that the govt buys products or services from.

then there are govt retirees, SS recipients, etc.

The govt can and does make jobs, they just make too many of them for things to balance out.

so lets just stop that right wing parroting of the line that the govt does not make jobs.

Government wasn't tinkering for the worker, it was corporations & their lobbyists. WTO & NAFTA are not worker inventions. Taking work away from Teamsters & giving it to low paying Mexicans was not the workers. Flooding our markets with cheap foreign crap was not our workers either. Hiring illegals was not our workers either. Subsidizing countrys with foreign aid so they can undersell our companies was not the workers either.

So subsidizing our own businesses is a better idea? We aren't subsidizing foreign countries. It's called competeitive advantage. They have it and we don't.

LOL! If I give you a thousand dollars a day, can you buy more or less? We subsidize countries like worthless Israel, so they can undersell us. You can call that whatever you want, I call it subsidizing. And we are doing that for other worthless countries who are doing the same thing to us. Then we subsidize our corporations to export. I call that corporate aid, you call it what ever you want. And we pay their legal fees, and give them bonuses if they do a real good job exporting. I call that corporate welfare, you can call it whatever you want.

Oh good grief. You are really are pointless. Just let me know when you're done making stupid assumptions about my position so we can continue the conversation.

The point is even if we did keep everything equal and kept all of the government favors and tax breaks out of corporate america. Those foreign countries are STILL going to have a competitive advantage in things like labor and overall cost of production. Don't assume I don't have a problem with the very same things you do and want to see the same policies end as you do. The unavoidable fact is when you take all of that away and force the market to truly compete, those jobs are STILL going to go overseas because all things being equal they can STILL do it for less.

Hence my question; what is the alternative subsidize corporations that stay here? Cause that's one option you will have to consider in keeping jobs here. Don't give me this bullshit that you're against corporate welfare. Corporate welfare is what is keeping jobs here in the form of subsidies in the form of tarif policies because america already can not compete on an equal playing field in the global economy. the problem with those subsidies is it results in a zero sum game. Jobs are static. Wealth is relative and everyone becomes less wealthy when the cost of consumables rises as a result of trying to keep your precious jobs here. So you have to pick one. Everyone suffers equally with lower overall wealth. Or a few jobs are sacrificed to keep the majority relatively wealthy

Last edited:
Maybe the North American Union thing? Starting to make some sense isn't it?

tariffs on US corporations producing goods overseas. (period)

It depends on what is more important to you. Protecting jobs or affordable consumables. Personally I don't the point in protecting jobs if the pay from them can't buy anything (to use an extreme example). Did nobody here take basic economics?

Example:

Japan can sell a car in America for $15k. America can sell a similar car in America for $20k. The American car is unlikey to sell as well as the Japanese car at those price points so what are the options? America may see that it can sell that car in America for $15k if it moves all or part of production to another country where manufacturing costs are less. The effect: Loss of some jobs for a few, but more choice at lower prices for many.

But you want to protect jobs so moving production is out. So I guess we have to go with your suggestion. We'll tariff the shit out of imports so that Japan can't sell that car for $15k anymore. They now have to sell it for $20k. Same as ours. The effect: No loss of jobs, but an overall increase in the cost of the product to the consumer.

One solution sacrafices the few for the many while the other sacrafices the many for the few. The later may give you a warm fuzzy feeling in the short term, but is detrimental to society overall in the long term. You don't do a society any favors by keeping it from actually have to innovate and find new ways to compete.

Forum List

Back