Why JFKs Roman Catholic faith is ns not the same as Romneys Mormanism

What do the numbers of Catholics have to do with anything, you friggin' bigot

Simple enough. For every Protestant unwilling to vote for JFK for being Catholic, there was a Catholic who was willing to vote for him because he was. Nullifying the "anti-Catholic" effect.

Although it should be pointed out that

1) JFK nearly lost.
2) No Catholic has won since, and only one has been nominated since.

But in sheer terms of Mathematics, there are not enough Mormons to make up for all the votes the GOP will potentially lose for people who think Mormons are Heretics or Idiots. There are only 6 million Mormons, and most of them already vote GOP.

In essence? YOU are saying that ONLY Mormons will vote for him?

YOU ignore individuals.

Thanks....NOT.

No, not what I'm saying at all.

Try to make this really simple for you.

There are a lot of us, who find MOrmonism so offensive that we simply will not vote for one.

Evangelicals and Baptists won't because they think they are heretics.

I won't, because even though I am an agnostic/atheist (depending on my mood that day), I find the outright fraud involved in the whole enterprise offensive.

And there are enough of us who normally vote REpublican who will sit this one out.

Meanwhile, there aren't enough Mormons to make up for this loss.

Remember- Romney can ONLY win if he gets everyone who voted for McCain, PLUS 5 million of Obama's supporters to admit they goofed up and change their vote. (Very hard to get anyone to admit they goofed up.)

But if he loses, let's say, 2 million or so Evangelicals, Mormons, working folks who don't like assholes who put working stiff out of jobs, people who don't like lying flip-floppers, etc. who voted for McCain last time but won't vote for him.

Then he has to get 7 million Obama voters to admit they screwed up.

Nope. LDS belive in Christ as well. So what is the point again?

Perhaps the way you wrote your OP should be re-done?

They also believe-

Jesus visited the Americas and a mysterious group of Hebrews called the Nephites who left no archeological trace of their 1000 year civilization.

That women can only get into heaven if bonded to a Mormon man.

That dark skin is a curse from God.

That all other faiths are an abomination unto the Lord.

We all know that is not why you oppose him so why the smoke screen BS?

NOt sure what you think you know, but you are probably wrong.

The rw's are hell bent to keep their eyes closed and their heads buried in the sand. They don't want to know WHY Mormonism and Romney are different or why they're bad for the country. They've been brainwashed to believe "anyone but Obama" and would vote the devil himself.

The irony is that Joseph Smith was a well known con artist and grifter from NY. He would be so proud of the con that Romney has pulled off.

And no, many of the basic beliefs and tenets of Mormonism run counter to Christianity. Like, the Adam/God doctrine (basically this says that Adam was God);

secret signs, handshakes*, and passwords which are necessary to reach the highest level of heaven (where you too may become a "god" in your own right--oth*erwise known as "eternal progressio*n");

sacred underwear (known as generally as "garments" but officially as "the Garment of the Holy Priesthood*");

Jesus born of a "physical" relationsh*ip between Mary and God (ie. NO virginbirt*h);

Jesus was married and had kids (nowhere is this evident in the Bible);

blood atonement ( if you commit "murder", then Christ's atonement on the cross is not sufficient to "cover" this... that you need to have your "own" blood shed before it is possible for you to be "forgiven" and go to heaven);

plural marriage (polygamy)*; etc.

As for polygamy, that's why 3 generations of Romney's lived in Mexico and why Mitt still has very close relatives there (a sister with whom he is very close, for one). Mitt still owns property in Mexico and will undo everything that has been done on our southern border because of the relationship his family has with the Federales. Mormonism still believes that they will return to polygamy one they take over the US.

Don't believe it? Look it up. Its hard to find real facts about LDS but its out there if you dig hard enough. I got some of my knowledge from a family member who escaped from LDS.

There is so much more. Crazy beliefs that have no place in our White House.

But, he's not Obama and that''s all the rw's really care about.

Imagine how old turtle face is feeling these days. He may get his wish but he despises Romney -as do most of the Congress on both sides. Even the wacky teabaggers hate him. Boy the GObP/Repubs have really made a hell of a mess this time.

Simple enough. For every Protestant unwilling to vote for JFK for being Catholic, there was a Catholic who was willing to vote for him because he was. Nullifying the "anti-Catholic" effect.

Although it should be pointed out that

1) JFK nearly lost.
2) No Catholic has won since, and only one has been nominated since.

But in sheer terms of Mathematics, there are not enough Mormons to make up for all the votes the GOP will potentially lose for people who think Mormons are Heretics or Idiots. There are only 6 million Mormons, and most of them already vote GOP.

In essence? YOU are saying that ONLY Mormons will vote for him?

YOU ignore individuals.

Thanks....NOT.

No, not what I'm saying at all.

Try to make this really simple for you.

There are a lot of us, who find MOrmonism so offensive that we simply will not vote for one.

Evangelicals and Baptists won't because they think they are heretics.

I won't, because even though I am an agnostic/atheist (depending on my mood that day), I find the outright fraud involved in the whole enterprise offensive.

And there are enough of us who normally vote REpublican who will sit this one out.

Meanwhile, there aren't enough Mormons to make up for this loss.

Remember- Romney can ONLY win if he gets everyone who voted for McCain, PLUS 5 million of Obama's supporters to admit they goofed up and change their vote. (Very hard to get anyone to admit they goofed up.)

But if he loses, let's say, 2 million or so Evangelicals, Mormons, working folks who don't like assholes who put working stiff out of jobs, people who don't like lying flip-floppers, etc. who voted for McCain last time but won't vote for him.

Then he has to get 7 million Obama voters to admit they screwed up.
I find it as offensive as Jesus Christ himself.

:eusa_silenced::eusa_hand::eusa_shhh:

Are you telling us that Mormon is not Christian?

Joseph Smith is above Jesus. Read The Book of Mormon and the Doctrine & Covenants

Here is a statement by Joseph Smith and what he thought of himself:

"I have more to boast of than any man had. I am the only man that has been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from him, but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet." ( History of the Church", Vol. 6, pp. 408-409. 1884).

I really do hope people will put aside their irrational hatred and brainwashing about Obama and look very closely at the charlatan that IS Mitt Romney.

]I find it as offensive as Jesus Christ himself.

I'm sure you thought that was clever on some level...

Okay, guy, I get it. I know that you've had this guy forced down your throat and you now have to pretend that you are happy with this shotgun wedding.

I'm going out for cigarettes and won't be found for a while.
No no. My point is Religion should never BE an issue when running for office...even those that you might loathe.

It was never a litmus test, and never should be.

The Founders wrote the First Amendment for a reason.

Oath to defend the Constitution is enough for SOME of us...and consequently holding them to it.

:eusa_hand:

The OCD bigot will continue to fall to pieces as the electoral process goes on.

]I find it as offensive as Jesus Christ himself.

Okay, guy, I get it. I know that you've had this guy forced down your throat and you now have to pretend that you are happy with this shotgun wedding.

No no. My point is Religion should never BE an issue when running for office...even those that you might loathe.

Oath to defend the Constitution is enough for SOME of us...and consequently holding them to it.

It isn't a matter of the "constitution" for me, guy.

I don't think that irrational beliefs become excusable because someone has gilded them and called them "religion".

If you believe silly things, then that should be a factor in my decision on whether to support you.

And they don't become less silly because you call them "a religion".

It isn't a matter of the "constitution" for me, guy.

I don't think that irrational beliefs become excusable because someone has gilded them and called them "religion".

If you believe silly things, then that should be a factor in my decision on whether to support you.

And they don't become less silly because you call them "a religion".

Constitution is silly now.

*Got It*

Good Form

YOU out yourself as well.

*Got It*

Good Form

Last time I checked, the constitution was written on paper, not Stone Tablets autographed by God.

Other than that, you missed my point.

Okay, I'll try to put in terms even a complete retard will understand.

If Romney came out tomorrow and said he belived in Santa Claus, and he was going to write Santa a nice letter asking him to fix the economy, would that be a good reason for all of us to judge him irrational and not fit to hold office?

If a reporter from the New York Times then showed him a picture of the North Pole, showing there was no Workshop there, and he still refused to change his views, should we then take that into account when casting our votes.

Of course we should. It would show that he has very poor reasoning skills.

And just because you call silly beliefs "a religion" doesn't make them less silly.

*Got It*

Good Form

Last time I checked, the constitution was written on paper, not Stone Tablets autographed by God.

Other than that, you missed my point.

Okay, I'll try to put in terms even a complete retard will understand.

If Romney came out tomorrow and said he belived in Santa Claus, and he was going to write Santa a nice letter asking him to fix the economy, would that be a good reason for all of us to judge him irrational and not fit to hold office?

If a reporter from the New York Times then showed him a picture of the North Pole, showing there was no Workshop there, and he still refused to change his views, should we then take that into account when casting our votes.

Of course we should. It would show that he has very poor reasoning skills.

And just because you call silly beliefs "a religion" doesn't make them less silly.
Last time I checked? It was LAW.

The bitter little OCD bigot is just falling to pieces.

Not really. Since Romney won't win, and we are already seeing how he is going to lose, it's just watching you guys go nuts defending your bad choices.

Heck, man, I'm used to the GOP picking awful candidates and wondering why no one votes for them.

This will be the first time I won't.

Not really. Since Romney won't win, and we are already seeing how he is going to lose, it's just watching you guys go nuts defending your bad choices.

Heck, man, I'm used to the GOP picking awful candidates and wondering why no one votes for them.

Got an appointment set up with your dentist for sometime in December? Your teeth-grinding problem is going to get a whole hell of a lot worse in November.

Got an appointment set up with your dentist for sometime in December? Your teeth-grinding problem is going to get a whole hell of a lot worse in November.

YOu mean when Obama wins by a bigger margin than he did in 2008?

Yup, that will really annoy me. Because we lost because of our own stupidity.

I suspect that Romney's religious affiliation isn't going to change many people minds to vote for the other team.

I seriously doubt that many evangelical christians (who think that Mormonism isn't a Christian faith) are going to cast their votes for Obama.

Of course they might just NOT vote at all, so that might effect the outcome.

Forum List

Back