Why JFKs Roman Catholic faith is ns not the same as Romneys Mormanism

The US Roman Catholic Church and theEpiscopals have been trying to merge for over a decade.

Virually no dif between the 2 faiths -
And? This equates to Romney's beliefs as an individual...?

My point is that JFKsfaith was a non-issue.

America was a Christian nation

Are you goingto tell me that Catholic is not Christian????

Are you telling us that Mormon is not Christian?

Why does a person's religion discount anyone IF they fill thier obligation by rule of law and oath to protect and defend the Constitution?

The argument you pose is silly on it's face, in the middle, and on both ends.

That question would best be directed at those who have said Muslims can't legitimately take an oath to protect/defend the Constitution because that would conflict with their faith.

If that is the case, then how are muslims in our military. Here is the oath they have to take:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

U.S. Armed Forces Oath of Enlistment

Even mere federal employees have to take the oath to support and defend the Constitution.

Why does a person's religion discount anyone IF they fill thier obligation by rule of law and oath to protect and defend the Constitution?

That question would best be directed at those who have said Muslims can't legitimately take an oath to protect/defend the Constitution because that would conflict with their faith.

If that is the case, then how are muslims in our military. Here is the oath they have to take:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

U.S. Armed Forces Oath of Enlistment

Even mere federal employees have to take the oath to support and defend the Constitution.

Another thinker!
icon14.gif

You do understand that what you speak requires honor? ;)

Are you telling us that Mormon is not Christian?

Are you telling us that muslim is not Christian? :lmao:

All religions are invented by humans, but oddly enough, the ones that do best are the ones that are best at claiming they weren't invented by humans.

If I was the governor of a northeast blue state, and my name was 'Mittens', I would have serious self image problems.

What do the numbers of Catholics have to do with anything, you friggin' bigot

Simple enough. For every Protestant unwilling to vote for JFK for being Catholic, there was a Catholic who was willing to vote for him because he was. Nullifying the "anti-Catholic" effect.

Although it should be pointed out that

1) JFK nearly lost.
2) No Catholic has won since, and only one has been nominated since.

But in sheer terms of Mathematics, there are not enough Mormons to make up for all the votes the GOP will potentially lose for people who think Mormons are Heretics or Idiots. There are only 6 million Mormons, and most of them already vote GOP.

Not according to JoeB and he claims to be agnostic
Then JoeyB has a problem, doesn't he?

You mean I dislike frauds made up by con men who want to molest teenage girls...

Yeah, I have a real problem with that.

Even when you call it a "religion".

What do the numbers of Catholics have to do with anything, you friggin' bigot

Simple enough. For every Protestant unwilling to vote for JFK for being Catholic, there was a Catholic who was willing to vote for him because he was. Nullifying the "anti-Catholic" effect.

Although it should be pointed out that

1) JFK nearly lost.
2) No Catholic has won since, and only one has been nominated since.

But in sheer terms of Mathematics, there are not enough Mormons to make up for all the votes the GOP will potentially lose for people who think Mormons are Heretics or Idiots. There are only 6 million Mormons, and most of them already vote GOP.

In essence? YOU are saying that ONLY Mormons will vote for him?

YOU ignore individuals.

Thanks....NOT.

And? This equates to Romney's beliefs as an individual...?

Nope. LDS belive in Christ as well. So what is the point again?

Perhaps the way you wrote your OP should be re-done?

They also believe-

Jesus visited the Americas and a mysterious group of Hebrews called the Nephites who left no archeological trace of their 1000 year civilization.

That women can only get into heaven if bonded to a Mormon man.

That dark skin is a curse from God.

That all other faiths are an abomination unto the Lord.

Nope. LDS belive in Christ as well. So what is the point again?

Perhaps the way you wrote your OP should be re-done?

They also believe-

Jesus visited the Americas and a mysterious group of Hebrews called the Nephites who left no archeological trace of their 1000 year civilization.

That women can only get into heaven if bonded to a Mormon man.

That dark skin is a curse from God.

That all other faiths are an abomination unto the Lord.

We all know that is not why you oppose him so why the smoke screen BS?

Forum List

Back