Why isn't Wall Street in jail?

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Over drinks at a bar on a dreary, snowy night in Washington this past month, a former Senate investigator laughed as he polished off his beer.

"Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail," he said. "That's your whole story right there. Hell, you don't even have to write the rest of it. Just write that."

I put down my notebook. "Just that?"

"That's right," he said, signaling to the waitress for the check. "Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail. You can end the piece right there."

Nobody goes to jail. This is the mantra of the financial-crisis era, one that saw virtually every major bank and financial company on Wall Street embroiled in obscene criminal scandals that impoverished millions and collectively destroyed hundreds of billions, in fact, trillions of dollars of the world's wealth — and nobody went to jail. Nobody, that is, except Bernie Madoff, a flamboyant and pathological celebrity con artist, whose victims happened to be other rich and famous people.

Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail? | Rolling Stone Politics

Because they own the Attorney General, who controls The Department of Justice. They also own The President, who appointed the Attorney General. Just as they own most of The Senate, Who confirmed The Attorney General. who by the way, is also a member of the cabinet. ~BH

I printed this article out, put it at the bottom of the pile and will read it in a month or so.

I am sympathetic towards critics of Wall Street, having seen Wall Street up and close. However, Matt Taibbi, the author of this piece, is a dumbass with seemingly little understanding of financial history. His hack piece on Goldman was awful.

I think lefties dream about a day when they can "put people in jail" at will. If the left had their way they would close down every source of information they deem to be subversive and they would jail every slimy capitalist they could get their hands on. Elections would be "monitored" by the new black panther party and the stodgy old Constitution would be replaced with a more flexible document. Think I'm exaggerating? Look at some of the left wing posts.

I printed this article out, put it at the bottom of the pile and will read it in a month or so.

I am sympathetic towards critics of Wall Street, having seen Wall Street up and close. However, Matt Taibbi, the author of this piece, is a dumbass with seemingly little understanding of financial history. His hack piece on Goldman was awful.

I just explained it here
Screwed Again: INVISIBLE BANK FRAUD

You are in a trance with the entire country.

I think lefties dream about a day when they can "put people in jail" at will. If the left had their way they would close down every source of information they deem to be subversive and they would jail every slimy capitalist they could get their hands on. Elections would be "monitored" by the new black panther party and the stodgy old Constitution would be replaced with a more flexible document. Think I'm exaggerating? Look at some of the left wing posts.

I love putting crooks in prison. I must be a lefty. I used to have a wicked fast ball and a gun from the outfield. Gee I'm a lefty.

Gee! Why didn't the servants put their masters in prison?

Let me think about that for a while, okay?

That's a tough one.

Over drinks at a bar on a dreary, snowy night in Washington this past month, a former Senate investigator laughed as he polished off his beer.

"Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail," he said. "That's your whole story right there. Hell, you don't even have to write the rest of it. Just write that."

"That's right," he said, signaling to the waitress for the check. "Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail. You can end the piece right there."

Nobody goes to jail. This is the mantra of the financial-crisis era, one that saw virtually every major bank and financial company on Wall Street embroiled in obscene criminal scandals that impoverished millions and collectively destroyed hundreds of billions, in fact, trillions of dollars of the world's wealth — and nobody went to jail. Nobody, that is, except Bernie Madoff, a flamboyant and pathological celebrity con artist, whose victims happened to be other rich and famous people.

Why isn't Obama in jail for knowingly signing unconstitutional legislation into law? :eusa_whistle:

Why isn't Obama in jail for knowingly signing unconstitutional legislation into law? :eusa_whistle:

Fortunetly for Driveby there are no criminal penelties for stupidity.

My statement is no less ridiulous than the OP or any other posts from you and your gay lover, chrissy. I'm not shocked you're too stupid to pick up on that.......

My statement is no less ridiulous than the OP or any other posts from you and your gay lover, chrissy. I'm not shocked you're too stupid to pick up on that.......

Posting bigoted ad hominems is not a smart practice; it is uber-stupid.

Because we have a government by the corporations and for the corporations.

Gee! Why didn't the servants put their masters in prison?

Let me think about that for a while, okay?

That's a tough one.

We're the dumb ass masters who elect the servants who we know keep robbing us and the servants are a CRIME FAMILY.

That's because all of you are in a trance. The brainwash propaganda works. Our servants in the CIA figured out how to do that. Keep denying it you dumb ass.

Forum List

Back