Why is there so little outrage about an Asian being beaten and dragged off an airplane? It's racist

To knock out 2 teeth takes a lot of force. I call bull. Asian nose is flat already....not buying that either. Sounds like lawyer talk.

Did United return the teeth? Don't resist Police orders and cause everyone else inconvenience.

He was ordered off by police, someone had to get off and he drew the short straw, so why didn't he get off, or did he think he didn't have to because he's a doctor.
But for breaking the law by not following police orders he will be compensated, Criminals win again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He purchased a ticket. He had a legal right to that seat.

Read the ticket's fine print..
There is nothing in the fine print that allows the airline to remove him from the plane so that they can give his seat away to an employee.

That's not what's being reported. What was reported is that yes, in the contract when you buy a ticket, you understand that there is no guarantee of your flight.
Then it should be easy for you to quote the contract stating that. I've reviewed it and saw nothing to that effect. But who knows, maybe I missed it......

To knock out 2 teeth takes a lot of force. I call bull. Asian nose is flat already....not buying that either. Sounds like lawyer talk.

Did United return the teeth? Don't resist Police orders and cause everyone else inconvenience.

Guessing you'd see things a bit different it they were your teeth.

United handled it perfectly wrong. It's going to cost them a lot more than $800.

It beyond ridiculous that they overbook and then drag paying customers off the plane.

#asianmedicaldoctorlivesmatter

They screwed up big time.

First of all, never let anybody board the plane until all seats are accounted for.

Next is this stupid voucher thing they have. If you are a person who almost never flies, then that voucher is worthless. You paid cash for the ticket, let the airlines pay you cash for it back.

Up the limits (which I understand they have) to buy back the seats they desire. But again, no vouchers, just plain cash.

If there is nobody to accept the offers no matter what, then personal need for the flight needs to be considered.

If you need to attend your daughters wedding the next day, if you need to be back home for a medical procedure, if you need to meet a deadline such as to board a cruise ship for vacation that you paid for months ahead of time, the airlines needs to take those situations into consideration.

The person that owns the beverage store I patron had the exact same thing happen to him. He meets his family for a cruise ship vacation every year. He paid big bucks to reserve that seat on the boat. But the airlines canceled his flight due to the lack of customers on the plane and he couldn't be there in time to board the boat.

The airline refunded his money and agreed to fly him to the destination of where the boat was going, but as he stated, that was only half of the fun. The real fun was meeting with family and taking the cruise together.

The airline ruined his entire vacation that year, and he takes very little time from his business. Ruining somebody's vacation they wait for an entire year is worth much more than a few bucks towards a voucher.

He was ordered off by police, someone had to get off and he drew the short straw, so why didn't he get off, or did he think he didn't have to because he's a doctor.
But for breaking the law by not following police orders he will be compensated, Criminals win again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing in the fine print that allows the airline to remove him from the plane so that they can give his seat away to an employee.

That's not what's being reported. What was reported is that yes, in the contract when you buy a ticket, you understand that there is no guarantee of your flight.
Then it should be easy for you to quote the contract stating that. I've reviewed it and saw nothing to that effect. But who knows, maybe I missed it......

I never looked into it. I was just relaying what I heard during discussion on the matter. It's been decades since I was ever on a plane, so I don't know for sure what the agreement says.

I never looked into it. I was just relaying what I heard during discussion on the matter. It's been decades since I was ever on a plane, so I don't know for sure what the agreement says.
Like I said, I went through it and saw nothing that allowed the airlines to have him removed from the plane.

fyi, they were not the police, they were the Airport security forces, they do not work for Chicago Police....

They, according to their contract duties, are NOT ALLOWED on to airplanes.... they broke the rules by boarding the plane.

So, if a drunk starts smashing people's faces before takeoff, they will just wait at the cabin door for him to come out?
The rules are, they can ONLY enter an airplane if there is an imminent physical threat to others.

So with the drunk smashing faces, they could enter to stop that...

or they could call one of the 200 REAL POLICE that work there at the airport.

The doctor, who just happens to be married to my grandsons' pediatrician, was acting like a nutcase. So when do you decide the safety of the passengers and flight crew becomes the overriding factor?

I love how people like you who likely have never had to make a decision in your life without guidance all of us sudden become the Monday-morning quarterbacks on every issue!

You are a tribute to your liberal attitudes.
HUH? there is video of him, he was NOT acting like a maniac when the security forces approached him....where in the world do you get that from....he was not even screaming, he simply said NO, I'm not going...in a calm voice....the security guards were acting irrational and the security force was putting people on the plane in danger of being hurt by their actions....

please stop lying and making up your own imaginary fake scenario.

You need to read what happened BEFORE the video.

He was not shot in the back while running away, he was not choked to death, nobody killed him while "standing their ground", he was not taken for a "rough ride" ending up dead with a severed spine. He got an ass beating and lived to tell about it.

He will be compensated and will be just fine.

Forum List

Back