Larry Bird Jr Allstar Basketball Team

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Imagine if a peewee basketball team composed of all white players and PURPOSELY excluded all Hispanics, Blacks and Asian players. Even though they exclude a whole segment of people of the state, they are still introduced as representing the great state of Indiana. Then this team of all white kids, shocked everyone and start beating the other diverse teams in a nationwide/world wide basketball tournament (much like baseball's little league world series), would they be celebrated? Would they be called discriminatory? Would they be called racists? Without a doubt they would be called racists and discriminatory. The vast majority wouldn't celebrate them, they would be boycotted and I have no doubt PCness would get them excluded from the league. People would shun these kids and their families. The coaches would lose their primary jobs and it would be a MSNBC's lead story on the plight of the black man in US for the next 6 months.

Few would really argue against shunning them. However, when the reverse is applied in REAL LIFE, it's called the feel good story. You get people whose kids would be OPENLY excluded from their team cheering them on. Yes I am talking about the Jackie Robinson West Little League team. This team is composed BY DESIGN to only include Black players. If you are white, Hispanic or Asian you need not apply! They won't consider white managers or co-managers. It's all black all the time! Regardless that this team OPENLY excludes the majority of the public from joining their team, they were celebrated for their discriminatory polices and called the feel good underdogs and there were stated as REPRESENTING THE STATE OF ILLINOIS!

I find it ironical that this team that practices racial SEGREGATION would use the name Jackie Robinson. Robinson represented breaking down the color lines and racial discrimination and segregation. He was all about grading a player on one's ability and not simply by the ability of the player AS LONG AS he/she is the right race.

If we want racism removed our society, then you have to address racism in the black community. Racism in the white community pales in comparison racism in the Black community. In fact it 1000 fold worse in the black community.

Forum List

Back