CDZ Why is the Rise of Homosexuality always correlated with the Death of an Empire

Is Homosexuality correlated with the decline of Homosexuality.

• Yes, and it's not only correlated, but also the causation.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes, but it's not the cause.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No, it isn't correlated.

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
I do not recall homosexuality being a big issue in ROME----
---Gourmand (ness) was the giant craze--------we got that
in the US today------I keep my TV on the FOOD CHANNEL -
all day and SALIVATE over ------recipes (the sight of lots of food----however-----kinda nauseates me) We are so into
GOURMANDNESS----in the US ---that the TV stations are
coming up with thousands of ways to burn a big bird for
thanksgiving-------I need a SMOKER-----and a really giant
cooking PIT-------and-----a turkey frying machine----and
a little chicken coop-------and a stone pizza oven-----and---
some ocean front property-----so I can cultivate---salmon and
catch lobsters and a cow for home made mozzarella (spelling?)
Milking lobsters is an easy way to make cheese...

I do not recall homosexuality being a big issue in ROME----
---Gourmand (ness) was the giant craze--------we got that
in the US today------I keep my TV on the FOOD CHANNEL -
all day and SALIVATE over ------recipes (the sight of lots of food----however-----kinda nauseates me) We are so into
GOURMANDNESS----in the US ---that the TV stations are
coming up with thousands of ways to burn a big bird for
thanksgiving-------I need a SMOKER-----and a really giant
cooking PIT-------and-----a turkey frying machine----and
a little chicken coop-------and a stone pizza oven-----and---
some ocean front property-----so I can cultivate---salmon and
catch lobsters and a cow for home made mozzarella (spelling?)
Milking lobsters is an easy way to make cheese...

I dissected a crayfish in biology class------my crayfish was a female-----the way to tell is-----one of the pairs of her legs ---
is skinny-----boys have strong grasping legs in that pair of legs-------(I forget the numerical designation of that particular pair of apendages)---in order to GRASP onto the female in
romantic interludes--------MY GIRL CRAYFISH did not have
udders or-----anything MILKABLE--------I have never touched
a Lobster----but crayfish are just like little lobsters-------
Lobsters are NOT MAMMALS ----no hair and no
MAMMARY things --------but they have love. Birds are also
NOT MAMMALS-------you cannot milk a chicken. Theoretically you can milk an elephant---but why bother?

Lobster love.

Actually, the collapse of empires result in homosexuality. The OP reversed the cause-effect relationship.

It's a question worthy of discussion. Generally when civilizations fall they are preceeded by five conditions.
Loss of faith in religion
Widespread sexual license
Breakdown of the family unit
Substance abuse
Dilution of citizenship

Homosexuality has always been part of the human experience. It can't be a cause of anything. Acceptance of homosexuality as a normal condition is where it gets toxic. It's not just homosexuality that is accepted but every kind of sexual perversion as well. Accepting homosexuality has been present in all failed civilizations. But not alone sexual license is only one of the conditions. The other four are part of the circumstances.

Acceptance of homosexuality isn't a cause. It is a symptom of a culture already diseased.

When a civilization is so decayed that it can no longer survive and falls, homosexuality has never been passed along as a positive attribute. It is always rejected and prohibited.

It's a question worthy of discussion. Generally when civilizations fall they are preceeded by five conditions.
Substance abuse
Dilution of citizenship

Homosexuality has always been part of the human experience. It can't be a cause of anything. Acceptance of homosexuality as a normal condition is where it gets toxic. It's not just homosexuality that is accepted but every kind of sexual perversion as well. Accepting homosexuality has been present in all failed civilizations. But not alone sexual license is only one of the conditions. The other four are part of the circumstances.

Acceptance of homosexuality isn't a cause. It is a symptom of a culture already diseased.

When a civilization is so decayed that it can no longer survive and falls, homosexuality has never been passed along as a positive attribute. It is always rejected and prohibited.

Feel free to show that cause and effect.

Lets start with the Spanish Empire.

proceed.

Homosexuality is rejected and prohibited as a consequence of unwarranted fear and ignorance.

Otherwise, the thread premise fails as a post hoc fallacy, as there is no objective, documented evidence that homosexuality 'contributes' to empires or civilizations 'falling.'

Indeed, civilizations fail as a consequence of fearful reactionaries unwilling to accept change; where punitive, draconian measures put into place intended to stave off change serve only to further erode society, as the reactionary regime becomes increasingly harsh, oppressive, and authoritarian.

It's when reactionary totalitarianism seeks to prohibit the change, diversity, and dissent it fears a civilization begins to decay.

and here, the knuckle-dragging Islamist troglodytes who hope to being down western civilization hate gay people with a blood-curdling passion.

Yes, by all means, let's be MORE like them.

So the question is, does homosexuality destroy civilizations or is it simply correlated with their decline?

I would suggest you post links to reliable sites that back up your thoery.
Unless you do, they're just mad rantings.

and here, the knuckle-dragging Islamist troglodytes who hope to being down western civilization hate gay people with a blood-curdling passion.

There might not be much of a choice. Look at those countries that normalized homosexuality long before we did. Islam is growing exponentially and much of that growth is due to conversion.

Substance abuse
Dilution of citizenship

proceed.
Feel free to purchase a dictionary or utilize one of the excellent on line dictionaries so you might understand what the words cause and symptom mean.

What happened is that you didn't pay attention and pulled out a position that worked in the past either for you or someone else. In other words, you didn't think.

There might not be much of a choice. Look at those countries that normalized homosexuality long before we did. Islam is growing exponentially and much of that growth is due to conversion.

LOL.....yeah what 'losers'.....countries with 'gay' marriage- Norway, Iceland, Netherlands, South Africa, Belgium, Canada, Spain, Sweden, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina....

Not like the paradises' with expanding repressive laws against homosexuals- such as Saudi Arabia....and Russia......and Nigeria.....and Uganda

http://www.newsweek.com/top-twelve-most-homophobic-nations-230348

Yep- look at how much better Uganda is doing than Norway.......

Liberals have made animal sex brothels legal in Europe and lowered age of consent to 13 in some areas.

Feel free to substantiate that.

Researching that claim- I found only one country in Europe which has an age of consent of 13- and it raised it from 12 in the 1990's.
LEGAL AGE OF CONSENT ageofconsent.com Age duconsentement l 146 acte sexuel
Netherlands, which was the first European country to allow same gender marriages has a consent age of 16.

Now who has the lowest age of consent- among the countries with an age of consent of 12 years old: Chile, Mexico, Paraguay- not one of the countries that allow same gender marriage.

So I would label your claim- 'pants on fire' false.

Oh and Nigeria- one of the most homophobic countries in the world- the consent age is 13.

Substance abuse
Dilution of citizenship

proceed.
Feel free to purchase a dictionary or utilize one of the excellent on line dictionaries so you might understand what the words cause and symptom mean.

What happened is that you didn't pay attention and pulled out a position that worked in the past either for you or someone else. In other words, you didn't think.

Feel free to prove your claim then Accepting homosexuality has been present in all failed civilizations.

proceed

While I don't really agree with the homosexual lifestyle, I really don't consider it an issue whatsoever. I don't care what two adults do in their privacy. If I did, I would be warranting more gov't intervention correct?

Substance abuse
Dilution of citizenship

proceed.

Feel free to prove your claim then Accepting homosexuality has been present in all failed civilizations.

proceed
Quite simply the Spanish Empire is a nation not a civilization. Did you think the terms country and civilization were synonymous?

Substance abuse
Dilution of citizenship

proceed.

proceed
Quite simply the Spanish Empire is a nation not a civilization. Did you think the terms country and civilization were synonymous?

LOL....oh how you dance.......

Greatest Civilizations of All Time - Top Ten List - TheTopTens.com

Your claim again:
Accepting homosexuality has been present in all failed civilizations.

Feel free to explain how the Mayans accepted homosexuality.

Mayan Empire (2000 BC-1540 AD)

Or Ancient Egypt (3150 BC - 30 BC)

Or the Mongol civilization.

Or just dance around some more and avoid admitting you were wrong.

Forum List

Back