Why is the rate of obesity higher among the poor?

When you are poor, you don't eat like you should. Which means you eat less. And the less you eat, the more your body thinks it is starving so it hoards the fat you do manage to get into your system.

American nation suffers from obesity severely. I have some question to participants.
Why is the rate of obesity higher among the poor? Wouldn't you expect the opposite?
And what explains the differing rates of obesity among various races?
Also, the rate of obesity tends to be about the same for men and women, and this holds true when looking at individual races.
One strange thing, however, is that among African-americans, the rate of obesity is significantly higher among women. Why would this be?
Poor eating habits and cheap, fattening food.

Blacks lack self control, that's why they lead the world in obesity and sexually transmitted diseases

American nation suffers from obesity severely. I have some question to participants.
Why is the rate of obesity higher among the poor? Wouldn't you expect the opposite?
Also, the rate of obesity tends to be about the same for men and women, and this holds true when looking at individual races.
One strange thing, however, is that among African-americans, the rate of obesity is significantly higher among women. Why would this be?

EASY ANSWER. THEY BUY FAST FOOD ALOT.

Well that's easy. Cheap food = fattening food.
Another reason is education. Statistics show that the more highly educated one is, the less likely there will be obesity. Education seems to influence almost every aspect of our lives. Usually, poor people are less educated.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Fat Teabaggers...

Why-Tea-Baggers-Are-Fat.jpg

View attachment 41271

tea-party-019.jpg

rascalsduo-450x337.jpg
All these rampant racists on this board are more than likely low IQ, have a low level education, and are fat and obese. As well, they probably are borderline poor with low paying jobs.

The poor eat the cheapest food which are highest and starches and sugars

Distance to store food prices and obesity in urban food deserts. - PubMed - NCBI

Talk about fat, just watch a bunch of bible thumping crackers with jesusland accents leave their churches on a sunday and heard like cattle to the nearest bar b que place and graze, like a bunch of albino elephants in a feeding frenzy

Last edited:
Because the poor in this country don't have trouble affording food.

THey do have trouble affording gym member ships.

Also, working poor likely to not have the time or transportation to get to gyms.

In a first world nation, being thin is a luxury.

What planet do you live on? You don't need any damn gym membership to exercise. You need to get up off your ass and move, which can be done nearly anywhere. The working poor has less time ... what, like everyone else has more hours in a day? If you want to keep healthy and fit eat right and exercise. It's not any more complicated than that. Obese people are obese because they have their cake and eat it all day long.

American nation suffers from obesity severely.
Got any proof of that?
Are you blind?

Look at any film footage of riots from the '60s and riots from today.

Americans are about 50% bigger!(rounder)

Got any proof of that?

5 minutes in any public place.

Edited to add: or the upcoming GOP debates.
You're fucking stoned.
Thanks God I am not f@cking high. However at this condition I am eating less than many of those whom I am speaking about.
Will you please answer the questions?
Don't you like the issue of obesity, do you?
Fatties get all kind of bent out of shape when you remind them they are a plague on the earth.

Another reason is education. Statistics show that the more highly educated one is, the less likely there will be obesity. Education seems to influence almost every aspect of our lives. Usually, poor people are less educated.
Yet basic education is free.

Go figure.

Got any proof of that?

5 minutes in any public place.

Edited to add: or the upcoming GOP debates.
You're fucking stoned.
Thanks God I am not f@cking high. However at this condition I am eating less than many of those whom I am speaking about.
Will you please answer the questions?
Don't you like the issue of obesity, do you?
Fatties get all kind of bent out of shape when you remind them they are a plague on the earth.
Sounds like psychological projection to me.

Yet basic education is free.

Go figure.
It's available, but many people don't take advantage of it. Uneducated people tend to be poor. They don't value education because they are uneducated. They don't instill a value and respect for education in their children. Read the posts of the conservative right wingers on this board: almost every single one of them denigrate education and educated people. Obviously they are not people who represent the educated.

Forum List

Back