Why is the rate of obesity higher among the poor?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
American nation suffers from obesity severely. I have some question to participants.
Why is the rate of obesity higher among the poor? Wouldn't you expect the opposite?
And what explains the differing rates of obesity among various races?
Also, the rate of obesity tends to be about the same for men and women, and this holds true when looking at individual races.
One strange thing, however, is that among African-americans, the rate of obesity is significantly higher among women. Why would this be?

American nation suffers from obesity severely. I have some question to participants.
Why is the rate of obesity higher among the poor? Wouldn't you expect the opposite?
Also, the rate of obesity tends to be about the same for men and women, and this holds true when looking at individual races.
One strange thing, however, is that among African-americans, the rate of obesity is significantly higher among women. Why would this be?

Well that's easy. Cheap food = fattening food.

Because the poor in this country don't have trouble affording food.

THey do have trouble affording gym member ships.

Also, working poor likely to not have the time or transportation to get to gyms.

In a first world nation, being thin is a luxury.

Cheap food is typically fat food. If you have to work two jobs to survive, you go for easy and cheap. When you can get a meal at McDonald's cheaper and faster than you can prepare at home, that's what you do.

Because the poor in this country don't have trouble affording food.

THey do have trouble affording gym member ships.

Also, working poor likely to not have the time or transportation to get to gyms.

In a first world nation, being thin is a luxury.
You do not need a gym membership to exercise,,,derp.Being thin if you have the genes for it, many do not since we have DNA from ancestors that stored fat for lean times...and stress, if you are under stress the body produces hormones to slow weight loss.............

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Fat Teabaggers...

Why-Tea-Baggers-Are-Fat.jpg

upload_2015-5-14_21-50-33.jpeg

tea-party-019.jpg

rascalsduo-450x337.jpg

American nation suffers from obesity severely.
Got any proof of that?

5 minutes in any public place.

Edited to add: or the upcoming GOP debates.
You're fucking stoned.
Thanks God I am not f@cking high. However at this condition I am eating less than many of those whom I am speaking about.
Will you please answer the questions?
Don't you like the issue of obesity, do you?

American nation suffers from obesity severely.
Got any proof of that?

5 minutes in any public place.

Edited to add: or the upcoming GOP debates.
You're fucking stoned.
Thanks God I am not f@cking high. However at this condition I am eating less than many of those whom I am speaking about.
Will you please answer the questions?
Don't you like the issue of obesity, do you?
What questions?

Forum List

Back