Why Is The GOP Against Reauthorizing The VAWA?

What's their excuse now? Do they not believe that domestic violence is a problem that needs to be dealt with? Is this just another part of their war against women? In the past, the VAWA was a law that had bipartisan support. Even with 59 singatories, including Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski (AK), Olympia Snowe (ME) and Susan Collins (ME), Mark Kirk (IL), Scott Brown (MA) and Mike Crapo (ID), the GOP is blocking the vote for reauthorization.
You see here is your problem trickling dick you aren't providing a link giving the reason why they are "so called blocking the bill? Snow collins and Murkowski are about as left for republicans you can get and they are women so what was added to the bill to cause them to block it? Give a link to what was being voted on.

b/c it's a waste of fucking time and money you fucking moran!

Domestic violence is down 53% since the law was first passed. I guess that spending money for an outcome like that is a waste in your eyes. Sorry, but I can't support your pro-wife beater position.

dick tuckeduphisass is quite thoroughly dishonest.

Wrong lard ass, it's true. Domestic violence is down 53% since passage of the bill. I've provided likes to the source up-thread. Also, are you aware that 40% of all homicides against women are committed by their domestic partners? I guess I'll have to put you down in the pro-wife beater column.

Domestic violence is down 53% since the law was first passed. I guess that spending money for an outcome like that is a waste in your eyes. Sorry, but I can't support your pro-wife beater position.

Wrong lard ass, it's true. Domestic violence is down 53% since passage of the bill. I've provided likes to the source up-thread. Also, are you aware that 40% of all homicides against women are committed by their domestic partners? I guess I'll have to put you down in the pro-wife beater column.

Did I miss a link? All I saw was a Democrat that made that claim, and you taking it as Gospel. I saw no official statistics corroborating it.

EDIT: just went through the thread again. The ONLY link where 53% is mentioned, is the one where a Democrat said it, and you took it as Gospel. There is not a single link in this thread, up to this point, that shows a stat that corroborates what the Dem said, and what YOU took as Gospel.

Since you refuse to prove the stat, both it, and you, are worthless.

Last edited:
what's their excuse now? Do they not believe that domestic violence is a problem that needs to be dealt with? Is this just another part of their war against women? In the past, the vawa was a law that had bipartisan support. Even with 59 singatories, including republican sens. Lisa murkowski (ak), olympia snowe (me) and susan collins (me), mark kirk (il), scott brown (ma) and mike crapo (id), the gop is blocking the vote for reauthorization.

b/c it's a waste of fucking time and money you fucking moran!

Provide a link to support your opinion

What's their excuse now? Do they not believe that domestic violence is a problem that needs to be dealt with? Is this just another part of their war against women? In the past, the VAWA was a law that had bipartisan support. Even with 59 singatories, including Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski (AK), Olympia Snowe (ME) and Susan Collins (ME), Mark Kirk (IL), Scott Brown (MA) and Mike Crapo (ID), the GOP is blocking the vote for reauthorization.
You see here is your problem trickling dick you aren't providing a link giving the reason why they are "so called blocking the bill? Snow collins and Murkowski are about as left for republicans you can get and they are women so what was added to the bill to cause them to block it? Give a link to what was being voted on.

And your point is what? Is Mike Crapo a lefty? I already provided a link to the actual bill upthread.

And your point is what? Is Mike Crapo a lefty? I already provided a link to the actual bill upthread.
Still waiting on the link. I'm not chasing down to verify your opinion you made the claim you provide the source. This is why you need to post a link at the beginning of a thread.

Last edited:
And you were answered, the democrats put garbage in the bill. Or is it your contention that we should rubber stamp everything the dems demand?

Expanding the bill isn't garbage and is worthy of discussing.

Claiming that people that want to extend the ORIGINAL bill but are opposed to the changes are for violence is beyond a lie.

The problem is they're lying about the nature of the changes. For instance, law enforcement requested that the number of temporary visa be 15,000 a year, rather than 10,000, so as to help them get prosecutions. Grassley lied about the source of that request, and claimed it would lead to immigration fraud.

Still waiting on the link. I'm not chasing down to verify your opinion you made the claim you provide the source. This is why you need to post a link at the beginning of a thread.

He doesn't DO proof. It's against his programming.

As I said, I already provided the link up thread. If you want it, get it yourself. Why do you expect me to give you a copy of a link that's already in this thread?

Republicans are opposed NOT to the act , they want to reauthorize. They are opposed to specific things ADDED this year that do not belong in this bill.
In fact the Republican leadership has stated for the record they would vote to reauthorize the bill if the added material was NOT in it. The OP has presented a basic lie as some kind of fact. he has claimed that because the republicans oppose the new material they support violence to women and don't agree with the basic law. All proven to be straight up LIES.

He was informed he was wrong and continues to make the claim, that means he has chosen to lie about it. Further he has been presented numerous times in this thread with the reason the Republicans oppose the CURRENT bill and keeps claiming no one will explain why the Republicans support violence to women. Another lie.

You pathetic, little lying worm. You know damn well that the links have already been provided.

As I said, I already provided the link up thread. If you want it, get it yourself. Why do you expect me to give you a copy of a link that's already in this thread?

Nope you made the claim you lying sack of shit.

You, are a liar.

There is not a single link to a credible stat on that 53% in this entire thread. Not one. ALL you did was link to a Dem SAYING it. That doesn't constitute proof. You need to PROVE it. A link to a government or watchdog stat, showing the Domestic Violence stats between 1994 and 2011 would do.

You pathetic, little lying worm. You know damn well that the links have already been provided.

Show me the post that links to a government or watchdog statistic, that proves that between 1994 and 2011, domestic Violence went down by 53%.

Do NOT show me the link where the Democrat SAID it... show me the link that PROVES what he said.

Republicans are opposed NOT to the act , they want to reauthorize. They are opposed to specific things ADDED this year that do not belong in this bill.
In fact the Republican leadership has stated for the record they would vote to reauthorize the bill if the added material was NOT in it. The OP has presented a basic lie as some kind of fact. he has claimed that because the republicans oppose the new material they support violence to women and don't agree with the basic law. All proven to be straight up LIES.

He was informed he was wrong and continues to make the claim, that means he has chosen to lie about it. Further he has been presented numerous times in this thread with the reason the Republicans oppose the CURRENT bill and keeps claiming no one will explain why the Republicans support violence to women. Another lie.
He must be truth don't matters twin.

They aren't aginst it you moron.

It's a false partisan club you idiot leftists use as the mysonginists that you are.

WHERE are you against real women's issues in Islam against women worldwide assmunch?

No, you provided a quote of someone saying it's true.

I know that's good enough for a ragingly stupid little person like you, but normal people need more.

Too bad you won't provide it.

The fact remains that Grassley and his ilk have been caught in a lie about their reason for opposition. The significant change in the bill is the number of temporary visas issued from 10,000/yr to 15,000 a year. This was inserted at the request of law enforcement. Grassley and the Republicans now want to come up with some tin foil theory that this would lead to immigration fraud. There's your lie.

Forum List

Back