Why Is The GOP Against Reauthorizing The VAWA?

My concern here is the smooth operation of the board. I am letting you know how to keep your threads out of the rubber room.

No problem. I just assume that people on a political board would know that 41 Republicans are blocking what was always a bill with bipartisan support, and would know what the Violence Against Women Act was all about.

And by assuming, you made an ass of yourself.

It is NOT the same bill as always. See my previous post.

Learn from this experience.

And you got that off the Brainfart (RIP) blog? So you think that the fact the bill explicitly states that even those who are undocumented ought to able to have police protection is a compelling reason to allow this important bill to lapse. Yeah, tell me again how Republicans aren't trying to set back women's rights.

No problem. I just assume that people on a political board would know that 41 Republicans are blocking what was always a bill with bipartisan support, and would know what the Violence Against Women Act was all about.

And you got that off the Brainfart (RIP) blog? So you think that the fact the bill explicitly states that even those who are undocumented ought to able to have police protection is a compelling reason to allow this important bill to lapse. Yeah, tell me again how Republicans aren't trying to set back women's rights.

the fact that you've had your error in the OP (making a claim without offering proof) pointed out by 3 different posters... and utterly refuse to understand the problem... shows you to be a simpleton or a partisan hack.

Which are you?

Wouldn't violence against women be a local problem better handled at the local and state level? I know it's a strange concept for those who need the federal gubmint to wipe their asses for them, but you really should try it.

Many small communities don't have the resources for shelters for battered women or training of police and parole officers on how best to deal with it. Certainly congress believed it important enough to pass and reauthorize in 1994, 2000, and 2005.

Well of course Congress did. They seem to have difficulty simply doing the job they were elected for and often involve themselves needlessly in people's lives by passing all sorts of legislation that gives them more control. Hell, they will even borrow money from China to give the American people a program to make them more dependent and insure their reelection. Congress thinks all sorts of things are "important". I bought a house where I did before my son was born because the schools were better in that district than in others. People should do the same for any "program" that is important to them. I'm 3 miles from the school district line and it made all the difference in the world for my son's education. I didn't need the federal gubmint passing legislation or funding programs they don't have the money for so he could get the education he needed.

the fact that you've had your error in the OP (making a claim without offering proof) pointed out by 3 different posters... and utterly refuse to understand the problem... shows you to be a simpleton or a partisan hack.

Which are you?

You're clearly a troll who feels uncomfortable with an open discussion as to why 41 Republicans are trying to stop reauthorization of what has been a bipartisan bill, to protect women from domestic violence, in spite of 8 Republican co-sponsors.

That's expected. Right wingers don't like to have they misogyny and sexism exposed.

Are you ready for this Dip Tuck:

"Nobody opposes the reauthorization of this legislation," Jon Kyl of Arizona, the second-ranking Senate Republican, told CNN. "If you follow the Judiciary Committee work on it, the questions had to do with the additions that have been made to this bill related to illegal immigrant visas, related to the additional sums of money and grants that would be available and the like.
"So what Republicans are focusing on is how to make a bill that should be reauthorized functional in this day and age of significant budget constraints so we can still accomplish the goals of the legislation," Kyl continued. "I really resent the implication by some of my Democratic friends that if you're trying to improve the bill that somehow you are for violence against women. That's reprehensible."
Accusations fly in Senate over Violence Against Women Act - CNN.com

Next time do your own damn research so you don't look like a blooming fool, okay?

And there it is. The left's "war on women tactic" exactly as described.

"Nobody opposes the reauthorization of this legislation," Jon Kyl of Arizona, the second-ranking Senate Republican, told CNN. "If you follow the Judiciary Committee work on it, the questions had to do with the additions that have been made to this bill related to illegal immigrant visas, related to the additional sums of money and grants that would be available and the like.
"So what Republicans are focusing on is how to make a bill that should be reauthorized functional in this day and age of significant budget constraints so we can still accomplish the goals of the legislation," Kyl continued. "I really resent the implication by some of my Democratic friends that if you're trying to improve the bill that somehow you are for violence against women. That's reprehensible."

Next time do your own damn research so you don't look like a blooming fool, okay?

What? The GOP opposes provisions added after the fact? Provisions that don't relate to the main purpose of the bill?

BASTARDS!

Which are you?

You're clearly a troll who feels uncomfortable with an open discussion as to why 41 Republicans are trying to stop reauthorization of what has been a bipartisan bill, to protect women from domestic violence, in spite of 8 Republican co-sponsors.

That's expected. Right wingers don't like to have they misogyny and sexism exposed.

what does that say near your avatar? Board Troll?

I am going to write a bill called "The Mentally Handicapped Assistance Act". And in that act I am going to put all kinds of tax breaks for myself, and I am going to earmark about $10 million dollars to some pet projects that I may or may not ever get around to doing.

And then I will start a topic asking why Democrats opposing my bill hate handicapped people.

Because there sure are a lot of people stupid enough to fall for it.

What? The GOP opposes provisions added after the fact? Provisions that don't relate to the main purpose of the bill?

BASTARDS!

Sounds more like just how corrupt the democrats are trying to squeeze this through with the add ons and blaming the repubs.

BOOM, there it is!

Please feel free to educate all of us what the immigration stuff that was added to the VAWA has to do with protecting women.

This should be good.

I'm pretty sure all women are people and unnecessary violence against people is already against the law, so we're covered.

More laws is not the answer.

I am going to write a bill called "The Mentally Handicapped Assistance Act". And in that act I am going to put all kinds of tax breaks for myself, and I am going to earmark about $10 million dollars to some pet projects that I may or may not ever get around to doing.

And then I will start a topic asking why Democrats opposing my bill hate handicapped people.

Because there sure are a lot of people stupid enough to fall for it.

Could you rename it the "Dick Tuck Handicapped Assistance Act"?

Yeah Kyl. God forbid that a domestic abuse victim be allowed to call 911 because she didn't have the right papers.

Yeah Kyl. God forbid that a domestic abuse victim be allowed to call 911 because she didn't have the right papers.

Why was Senator Grassley's provision rejected by the Democrats? Why do Democrats hate women?

I'm pretty sure all women are people and unnecessary violence against people is already against the law, so we're covered.

More laws is not the answer.

So they might not need sheltering from abusive spouses, and small communities might not need grant money to provide that sheltering? I suggest you read the bill. You can find the text at the link I provided upthread. This is not a federal law against abusing your partner. It's a public law to provide services to the abused and training for counselors, police, and parole officials.

Dick Turd,

Your -9 neg rep didn't hurt nearly as much as my -260 to you did......but I'm sure you feel satisfied, and that's all that really matters to a liberal. As to your message telling me to educate myself before I post.......that's the job of the OP if he doesn't want to get rediculed, belittled and schooled in his thread for being a totally clueless douche. Do have a great day!

Forum List

Back