Why Is The GOP Against Reauthorizing The VAWA?

I'm pretty sure all women are people and unnecessary violence against people is already against the law, so we're covered.

More laws is not the answer.

So they might not need sheltering from abusive spouses, and small communities might not need grant money to provide that sheltering? I suggest you read the bill. You can find the text at the link I provided upthread. This is not a federal law against abusing your partner. It's a public law to provide services to the abused and training for counselors, police, and parole officials.

Why did Democrats have to dick with it then? Why do they hate women?

Dick Turd,

Your -9 neg rep didn't hurt nearly as much as my -260 to you did......but I'm sure you feel satisfied, and that's all that really matters to a liberal. As to your message telling me to educate myself before I post.......that's the job of the OP if he doesn't want to get rediculed, belittled and schooled in his thread for being a totally clueless douche. Do have a great day!

I honestly do not think he understands the concept of 'prove what you post'.

I'm pretty sure all women are people and unnecessary violence against people is already against the law, so we're covered.

So they might not need sheltering from abusive spouses, and small communities might not need grant money to provide that sheltering? I suggest you read the bill. You can find the text at the link I provided upthread. This is not a federal law against abusing your partner. It's a public law to provide services to the abused and training for counselors, police, and parole officials.

Who the hell wipes your ass for you?

I heard that the Dems tried to add a provision that would require all women who receive assistance under this bill to vote Democratic in 2012... and since the OP doesn't believe in posting proof of his statements, I hereby refuse to post proof of mine. Just trust me.

Are you ready for this Dip Tuck:

"Nobody opposes the reauthorization of this legislation," Jon Kyl of Arizona, the second-ranking Senate Republican, told CNN. "If you follow the Judiciary Committee work on it, the questions had to do with the additions that have been made to this bill related to illegal immigrant visas, related to the additional sums of money and grants that would be available and the like.
"So what Republicans are focusing on is how to make a bill that should be reauthorized functional in this day and age of significant budget constraints so we can still accomplish the goals of the legislation," Kyl continued. "I really resent the implication by some of my Democratic friends that if you're trying to improve the bill that somehow you are for violence against women. That's reprehensible."
Accusations fly in Senate over Violence Against Women Act - CNN.com

Next time do your own damn research so you don't look like a blooming fool, okay?

Yeah Kyl. God forbid that a domestic abuse victim be allowed to call 911 because she didn't have the right papers.

It has nothing to do with illegals calling 911, you buffoon. It is about this bill related to illegal immigrant visas being added in. There IS a big difference.
You should really be ebarrassed right now...you have had your ass handed to you by several posters in this thread, yet you just keep inserting your foot into your mouth. Incredible

This is not a federal law against abusing your partner. It's a public law to provide services to the abused and training for counselors, police, and parole officials.

"Services" to an abused person are best provided by the victim's family, friends, private counselors or charitable organizations. There is no such authority allowing the federal government to pick and choose which victims are worthy of special attention. Lastly, state employees need no training to arrest an abuser, which is all they should be doing.

Last edited:
Are you ready for this Dip Tuck:

"Nobody opposes the reauthorization of this legislation," Jon Kyl of Arizona, the second-ranking Senate Republican, told CNN. "If you follow the Judiciary Committee work on it, the questions had to do with the additions that have been made to this bill related to illegal immigrant visas, related to the additional sums of money and grants that would be available and the like.
"So what Republicans are focusing on is how to make a bill that should be reauthorized functional in this day and age of significant budget constraints so we can still accomplish the goals of the legislation," Kyl continued. "I really resent the implication by some of my Democratic friends that if you're trying to improve the bill that somehow you are for violence against women. That's reprehensible."
Accusations fly in Senate over Violence Against Women Act - CNN.com

Next time do your own damn research so you don't look like a blooming fool, okay?

Yeah Kyl. God forbid that a domestic abuse victim be allowed to call 911 because she didn't have the right papers.

Why was Senator Grassley's provision rejected by the Democrats? Why do Democrats hate women?

There's already laws on the books for allowing visas for witnesses of other crimes, so why would you Senator Grassly want to exclude domestic abusse victims?

Why did Democrats have to dick with it then?
Why do they hate women?

Exactly :clap2:

Seems that dick doesn't want to read the CNN link I provided for him. tsk, tsk

Why did Democrats have to dick with it then?
Why do they hate women?

Exactly :clap2:

Seems that dick doesn't want to read the CNN link I provided for him. tsk, tsk

But I thought we didn't HAVE to provide links to prove things we say in here. Shouldn't Dick just take your word for it?

Why was Senator Grassley's provision rejected by the Democrats? Why do Democrats hate women?

There's already laws on the books for allowing visas for witnesses of other crimes, so why would you Senator Grassly want to exclude domestic abusse victims?

You really should just walk away from this thread you started, because you just making yourself look like a complete imbecile.....seriously.
You have no idea of what your talking about....so try some damage control for yourself and walk away.

It's Grassly and the GOP that are dicking with it. In the case of most crimes, undocumented folks are granted visas to remain here as witnesses. The GOP wants to make exceptions to those victims of domestic crimes.

there are already laws on the books against violence to other people too.

I guess that 'there's already a law that covers it' thing is only good for libtards, huh.

It's Grassly and the GOP that are dicking with it. In the case of most crimes, undocumented folks are granted visas to remain here as witnesses. The GOP wants to make exceptions to those victims of domestic crimes.

READ THE FUCKING LINK I PROVIDED YOU!!!!!

For the love of God.........

It's against his programming.

You really should just walk away from this thread you started, because you just making yourself look like a complete imbecile.....seriously.
You have no idea of what your talking about....so try some damage control for yourself and walk away.

And let you and your ilk's lies go unchallenged? Not a chance. Why would the GOP not want to provide similar laws regarding temporary visas in the cases of domestic violence as they do with other laws? Give me one rational reason.

I read your fucking link, moron. It clearly states that Republicans don't want to give undocumented domestic abuse victims the same protections we give to victims and witnesses of other crimes, i.e. temporary visa status.

link?

Wouldn't violence against women be a local problem better handled at the local and state level? I know it's a strange concept for those who need the federal gubmint to wipe their asses for them, but you really should try it.

Many small communities don't have the resources for shelters for battered women or training of police and parole officers on how best to deal with it.

This is a Federal issue, then?

You commies just don't get it.

LOL

I read your fucking link, moron. It clearly states that Republicans don't want to give undocumented domestic abuse victims the same protections we give to victims and witnesses of other crimes, i.e. temporary visa status.

Then link the part that says that, hack....go ahead link the part that states what you claim

Typical left-wing reasoning. I've said this before. In the eyes of a liberal, IF you are against some FEDERAL MANDATE or LAW, you in effect are against what ever the law or mandate talks about. In the eyes of the liberal, you CANNOT separate the two. So, if you are against the FEDERAL LAW AGAINST VIOLENCE directed at women, then it reasons that you are FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN. Nothing in the liberal mindset allows local jurisdictions the flexibility to act on the subject, because of course, the interjection of the feds into the situation is paramount.

I was a cop for 20 years. I was only a cop for about a year when we get a call to a house regarding the reports of "domestic assault" in progress. Pulling up to the front door, I can see a guy sitting on this woman's chest beating the living dog shit out of her. Every time he punches her, he hits her so hard that the blood spatters on the wall. Wanting to be the hero, I run in and knock him off and jump on him trying to handcuff him. Yep, he's drunk as a skunk and he's fighting. I feel this poking on my back (I'm wearing a second-chance vest) and the woman telling me as best she can, to leave "my baby" alone. She can't talk too well because her mouth is all busted up and come to find out her jaw is broken in three places. I turn slightly to push her back when she runs a pair of scissors into my side about 4 inches deep. She punctures a lung. When my boss arrives, he knocks her out with a fist as she's trying to stab me again. At the hospital, after the surgery, my boss writes me a letter of reprimand and tells me that if I EVER do anything that stupid again, he'll just shoot me. She shows up at his trial and tells the judge that the big bad cops were SO MEAN to her husband, she was just protecting him. Ten years later, after a number of these type of fights, he finally kills her.

These type of situations DEFY REASON and SANITY. Even after the passing of the federal law, NOTHING CHANGED... NOTHING. If a woman is going to extract herself from the situation, then SHE has to do it. There are agencies to HELP, but they can't do it for her. Just like you can't MAKE a person leave drugs alone. They either will continue or if they've had enough, they will quit and they'll seek out help. But you CAN'T MAKE THEM.

And I have to add this part: Domestic assault and abuse is so low on the totum pole in local District Attorney's offices (refer to story above that happens all of the time), that to think that they are going to pursue a witness to one of these crimes even across the state is ridiculous. They don't and they won't. To get angry over the fact that illegal aliens can't get visas to stay "in country" while one of these things is prosecuted is ludicrous. The simple fact is, to get a woman to prosecute one of these things does not have favorable odds. Get real... and stop thinking that the feds should get involved in this. It's a local issue.

And I hate to tell you this, but passing a federal law is just window dressing. Expensive window dressing... but still just window dressing. I do not understand this liberal LOVE OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back