Why IS That?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
:eusa_think:

Auto Insurance: Fairly easy to understand statements of coverage and pricing.

Health Insurance: "Honey, do YOU have a fucking clue as to what this document means?"

:dunno: Seems tying auto insurance to who my employer is would be a stupid idea.....

:eusa_think: Maybe it IS rocket science and we should give congress and the lobbyists a chance... Whadda you say, guys?

If your auto insurance were required to pay for things like for brake jobs and new tires, it would probably be as incomprehensible as your medical policy.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....

So it IS rocket science! :eek:

Note to Newbies: Go to your user control panel and turn your 'sarcasm identifier' to 'on' before proceeding with this thread!

If your auto insurance were required to pay for things like for brake jobs and new tires, it would probably be as incomprehensible as your medical policy.

And a damn good point. We need more choices and greater access to those choices.

And there it is in a nutshell. I have a brother-in-law in politics at the State level. He said the healthcare bill has been written and re-written since at least the 1960s. That's how they were able to create Obamacare so quickly - most of it was already written. Some in the government have been pushing nationalized healthcare for decades, but they new the people wouldn't go for it. So how do you do it? Put so many regulations, restrictions and requirements on private healthcare that it will become enormously expensive. Government and their useful idiots can complain how expensive healthcare in America is compared to other countries and swoop in and save the day. Neat trick, eh?

And there it is in a nutshell. I have a brother-in-law in politics at the State level. He said the healthcare bill has been written and re-written since at least the 1960s. That's how they were able to create Obamacare so quickly - most of it was already written. Some in the government have been pushing nationalized healthcare for decades, but they new the people wouldn't go for it. So how do you do it? Put so many regulations, restrictions and requirements on private healthcare that it will become enormously expensive. Government and their useful idiots can complain how expensive healthcare in America is compared to other countries and swoop in and save the day. Neat trick, eh?
Right....And then the arsonists claim that they are the best ones to put out the fire.

Health Insurance: "Honey, do YOU have a fucking clue as to what this document means?"

:dunno: Seems tying auto insurance to who my employer is would be a stupid idea.....

:eusa_think: Maybe it IS rocket science and we should give congress and the lobbyists a chance... Whadda you say, guys?

I have no idea. :eusa_whistle:

OK, I lied. The reason it is so much more complicated is because the lobbyists, state legislatures and regulators, the federal government, and even Congress, keep coming up with new rules about what insurers have to cover, pay for, collect fees on, and pay taxes for. They then tell insurers that they have to tell you about all of that in detail instead of just lumping it under a convenient heading like "Government BS that you have to pay for." If you look at your phone bill you will see the same thing, a lot of added taxes and fees that make your $25 phone bill come out to about $80 bucks.

The fact that anyone actually has to explain that shows how stupid some people can be.

I have no idea. :eusa_whistle:

OK, I lied. The reason it is so much more complicated is because the lobbyists, state legislatures and regulators, the federal government, and even Congress, keep coming up with new rules about what insurers have to cover, pay for, collect fees on, and pay taxes for. They then tell insurers that they have to tell you about all of that in detail instead of just lumping it under a convenient heading like "Government BS that you have to pay for." If you look at your phone bill you will see the same thing, a lot of added taxes and fees that make your $25 phone bill come out to about $80 bucks.

The fact that anyone actually has to explain that shows how stupid some people can be.

Seriously... too bad the Catholics can't 'self insure', make sure not a dime of their fund goes any where near a vagina, and leave the rest of us the fuck alone.

Rep. Joe Wilson caught Obama inna lie after all, now we gonna have to pay for illegals healthcare...
:eusa_eh:
HHS: Obamacare-Funded Health Centers for 'Migrants' Won't Check Immigration Status
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced on Tuesday that it has awarded $28.8 million to 67 community health centers with funds from the Obamacare health reform law.
Of that $28.8 million, "approximately $8.5 million will be used by 25 New Access Point awardees to target services to migrant and seasonal farm workers," Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Spokeswoman Judy Andrews told CNSNews.com. HRSA is a part of HHS. Andrews said that grant recipients will not check the immigration status of people seeking services. “Health centers do not, as a matter of routine practice, ask about or collect data on citizenship or other matters not related to the treatment needs of the patients seeking health services at the center,” Andrews said.

Further, the grant recipients are required to serve "all residents" who walk through their doors. “The Program’s authorizing statute does not affirmatively address immigration status,” said Andrews. “Rather, it simply states that health centers are required to provide primary health care to all residents of the health center's service area without regard for ability to pay.”

These Obamacare disbursements seem to contradict a claim President Obama famously made in a nationally televised speech to a joint session of Congress on Sept. 9, 2009. “The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally,” Obama said then.

When Obama said these words, Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) shouted out from the House floor: "You lie!" After the speech, Wilson called the White House and apologized for his remark and issued a statement saying he was sorry for it and President Obama accepted his apology. However, five days later, led by then-Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D.-Md.), the House voted 240-179 to rebuke Wilson for his outburst on the House floor.

MORE

Forum List

Back