Why is Obamacare so important?

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
What is it about this horrific program that the democrooks are so adamant about keeping in place, in spite of the incredible election loss they suffered in 2010 after barely getting it across the finish line?

It's a bullshit law. It did the exact opposite of every promise the meat puppet faggot made. The fuckin WEBSITE ALONE cost $1.7B and was a complete goatfuck. A handful of college dipshits created Face(ASS)Book for next to nothing and became billionaires. The entire law should have been flushed down a toilet but for some unknown reason we're still stuck trying to get rid of it. Even the republicrats act as if it needs to be "replaced".

It's a turd, you don't polish turds and pretend you made something better out of it. The reason HC costs so much is BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT, not because they needed to regulate the shit out of it more.

I hope that after ACB gets to fumigate the smell of sulphur and old diapers from RBG's old office she will put the final fork into this abysmal program and that the GOP led by Trump will get the fucking lawyers out of the medical industry.

What is it about this horrific program that the democrooks are so adamant about keeping in place, in spite of the incredible election loss they suffered in 2010 after barely getting it across the finish line?

It's a bullshit law. It did the exact opposite of every promise the meat puppet faggot made. The fuckin WEBSITE ALONE cost $1.7B and was a complete goatfuck. A handful of college dipshits created Face(ASS)Book for next to nothing and became billionaires. The entire law should have been flushed down a toilet but for some unknown reason we're still stuck trying to get rid of it. Even the republicrats act as if it needs to be "replaced".

It's a turd, you don't polish turds and pretend you made something better out of it. The reason HC costs so much is BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT, not because they needed to regulate the shit out of it more.

I hope that after ACB gets to fumigate the smell of sulphur and old diapers from RBG's old office she will put the final fork into this abysmal program and that the GOP led by Trump will get the fucking lawyers out of the medical industry.

I'd have responded if you hadn't gone the faggot route

They don’t give a shit about whether it’s effective or good for anyone. It’s their finger hold on government taking over healthcare and it’s about to slip out of their grasp. It may be another 100 years before the left can get this close to control if the ACA is shut down. That’s why they’re so desperate.

I don't think there is a single post by this guy without some sort of weird preoccupation with homosexuality.

That and DACA are the last lingering vestiges of malignancy from the Mulatto Marxist's eight-year reign of incompetence and foolhardiness.

Eight years, and all the DNC would have to show for it is a political lawn jockey.

I don't think there is a single post by this guy without some sort of weird preoccupation with homosexuality.

Dang, now you loons want to get homophobic?

Faggots go faggot, it’s what they’re best at.

They don’t give a shit about whether it’s effective or good for anyone. It’s their finger hold on government taking over healthcare and it’s about to slip out of their grasp. It may be another 100 years before the left can get this close to control if the ACA is shut down. That’s why they’re so desperate.
FACTS... don't matter to the Democrats! Political power is all they want and this attached shows how totally WRONG Obamacare was from the very beginning statement "over 46 million Americans are uninsured"!
And the architect of Obamacare AGREES! Gruber who said it took stupidity to pass ACA reported nearly 60% of ACA enrollment were eligible AS the attach points out for Medicaid BEFORE Obamacare! Obama's administration NEVER enrolled them in Medicaid!
Plus Obama lied because he included 10 million of his 46 million who were ILLEGALS!
46millionuninsured.png

ACA is important because it gives government control over 20% of the economy. They call this a "foot in the door", because really they want 100%. But it's a start.
I'll agree that the dems don't view HC as something markets can allocate for the benefit of all in the same way that clean air and clean water can be allocated by a transparent market.

I'm not comfortable posting on a homophobic thread though.

ACA is important because it gives government control over 20% of the economy. They call this a "foot in the door", because really they want 100%. But it's a start.
I'll agree that the dems don't view HC as something markets can allocate for the benefit of all in the same way that clean air and clean water can be allocated by a transparent market.

That's more or less what I was saying (though I don't really get the clean air and water bit. Did you mean "can't be allocated"?). Dems want politicians to be in charge of "allocating" health care. Given the kind of politicians we produce, I think that's a very bad idea.

This whole board is full of racists and homophobes. Fuck 'em.

You DID respond, you idiot.

That's what I call your messiah.

Your beloved sociopath hag has called half the country "deplorable", and the hordes of democrook "journalists" regularly regard us as racists, NAZI's, terrorists and everything but human.

So please don't act as if you're standing on some high road. Besides obozo is a sexual deviant.

1602601020663.png

Just for the record, I really don't care about gay issues, or if fudge packers want to pretend they're "married". I'm more libertarian in my political views so I don't give a shit what people do in private. What I do resent the fuck out of is being told I have to accept things that disgust me as "normal", or that if I had a catering company I would be forced to contract with a couple of pillow biters and show up at their disgusting ceremony.

If I was a woman I'd be a dyke, but I wouldn't expect everyone else on the planet to accept and celebrate it.

Last edited:
ACA is terrible, but important only because things were even worse before ACA.

The real solution is to end the illegal tax break for employer benefits.
The everyone, the wealthy and poor, would be in the same boat, and would all want public health care.

Why is public health care better?
Because then you have a larger single source for collective bargaining.
It keeps provider charges down.
Just as it does now with Medicare, Medicaid, and VA hospitals.

Why does private for profit health insurance not do that?
Because you prepay with insurance, so you have absolutely no say about anything.

The everyone, the wealthy and poor, would be in the same boat, and would all want public health care.

Why is public health care better?
Because then you have a larger single source for collective bargaining.
It keeps provider charges down.
Just as it does now with Medicare, Medicaid, and VA hospitals.

Or extend it to everyone who pays for their coverage out-of-pocket.....But that move would extend even more undeserved legitimacy to income taxation, so maybe you're right.

Agreed. And then end all the other "tax incentives" that Congress uses to manipulate people.

Then everyone, the wealthy and poor, would be in the same boat, and would all want public health care.

And that boat would sink. Putting all our eggs in one basket, controlled by politicians, would be a horrible idea.

That's more or less what I was saying (though I don't really get the clean air and water bit. Did you mean "can't be allocated"?). Dems want politicians to be in charge of "allocating" health care. Given the kind of politicians we produce, I think that's a very bad idea.

Oh. The clean air and clean water acts are pure genius (Nixon! signed them). The govt EPA sets limits on how much various pollutants can be put into the air or water. Polluters can bid money to the right to pollute up to a govt set max. So the most economically beneficial use … wins.

Conceivably, instead of the ACA, we could have set up a system where every American got an X$ amount in a tax credit they could use for primary HC as they saw fit. Some dems objected saying "it leaves people without the ability to tell what's good or bad treatment." The dems might be right if the treatment is for cancer or a stroke or a car wreck that breaks a spine. But the ACA controls costs on the theory that doctors will provide yearly physicals or knee replacements on what the govt allows, and the amt for each procedure is negotiated by the govt and the HC providers. The republican party just chose not to have any place in deciding what the ACA would become, even though nearly all medical treatment is paid for with tax breaks to employers and workers' out of pocket deductibles, or medicare/medicade.

But it's not like God just decreed we couldn't let people decide whether an annual physical was just good enough if you got presciprts for your blood pressure or cholesterol and whether you wanted to skip some tests so your kid got braces.

The American theory is the John Locke notion that people are smart enough to see which of their neighbors is making the best decisions, and people will copy those people.

You DID respond, you idiot.
Only to those who recognize pete's an asshole. Unlike you. And no I don't respond to you on the acutal merits of the thread.

Oh. The clean air and clean water acts are pure genius (Nixon! signed them). The govt EPA sets limits on how much various pollutants can be put into the air or water. Polluters can bid money to the right to pollute up to a govt set max. So the most economically beneficial use … wins.

That's not a free market, it's a state controlled market, but that's irrelevant. Government has a legitimate responsibility to manage the commons ie resources that we all share. Health care is not the commons. It's not a resource we all share.

Conceivably, instead of the ACA, we could have set up a system where every American got an X$ amount in a tax credit they could use for primary HC as they saw fit.

That would be better that ACA, but that's not saying much. People should be free to manage their healthcare without interference from government.

Forum List

Back