Why is not paying taxes OK for some and not for others?

Mitt Romney made 22 million from 250 million he already made. He paid 14% taxes on the single tax return he let us look at. Probably much less to none on the others. Right wingers felt he shouldn't even have paid what he paid because he paid taxes on the original money and they felt that should have been enough.

Eric Garner bought a pack a cigarettes and was selling them one at a time to people who couldn't afford a entire pack. He paid taxes on the original pack but not when he sold the individual cigarettes. Right wingers feel he deserved what he got because was breaking the law for not paying taxes selling something he already paid taxes on. Like Mitt Romney selling his money for more money, only for Mitt, it was OK. I'm sure race had nothing to do with it but it seems a clear double standard to me.
Whoa!!!

Who said he bought that pack?

Don't tell me he paid nearly $10 a pack to sell loosies for fittycent.

That is fuckin' bullshit there.

Mitt Romney made 22 million from 250 million he already made. He paid 14% taxes on the single tax return he let us look at. Probably much less to none on the others. Right wingers felt he shouldn't even have paid what he paid because he paid taxes on the original money and they felt that should have been enough.

Eric Garner bought a pack a cigarettes and was selling them one at a time to people who couldn't afford a entire pack. He paid taxes on the original pack but not when he sold the individual cigarettes. Right wingers feel he deserved what he got because was breaking the law for not paying taxes selling something he already paid taxes on. Like Mitt Romney selling his money for more money, only for Mitt, it was OK. I'm sure race had nothing to do with it but it seems a clear double standard to me.

Good grief... it never gets old with this one.

FACT: It is illegal to sell individual cigarettes... thank you fellow liberal politicians for that one. God forbid your beloved gubmint doesn't get to tax EVERYTHING.

Garner's dead because of people like you and your stupid policies.

And isn't it reassuring that the government will use Deadly Force to ensure collection of a few pennies?

Exactly... that's the beauty of this. This guy IS DEAD due in part to the policies advocated by the left, and yet they whine about how wrong is that he died.

The cigarettes were bought OUT OF STATE and NO TAX was paid to the corrupt DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT of the Republic of N.Y. If you're going to tell lies, make sure people don't know the truth!
Bought out of state or stolen in state.

Probably stolen, and fronted out a pack at a time by a street level Mafioso in training.

What an incoherent whinge.

14% of $22M is over $3M. I suspect that is far more in taxes than you paid, bub.

And if you actually read for comprehension and retention, you would see that most conservatives on the board are horrified over Eric Garner's death. He would still be alive if you Nanny State Progs didn't push laws to cover the most banal of civil interactions. Every law is ultimately enforced by the Government Power of Deadly Force. We have too many nonsensical laws (cf., prohibition on selling loose cigarettes). If you want less excessive use of police force, then end the avalanche of stupid laws. That will also have the added benefit of shrinking the government and lessening the tax burden for everyone.
So because I pay 28% of my income and he pays 14% ONCE of his income of tens of millions I'm an incoherent whinge?

Tard.

You don't pay 28% of your income.
I pay 10% after standard deductions.

Bush tax cuts to lower middle class are ridiculous, I should be paying the old rate, those cuts never should have happened for anyone.

You don't understand it at all, it is by percentage!
Keep doing your little toe dance to try and get your "wrong' idea across

tumblr_mgz9zuzSc01s0wifpo1_500.gif

14% of $22M is over $3M. I suspect that is far more in taxes than you paid, bub.

And if you actually read for comprehension and retention, you would see that most conservatives on the board are horrified over Eric Garner's death. He would still be alive if you Nanny State Progs didn't push laws to cover the most banal of civil interactions. Every law is ultimately enforced by the Government Power of Deadly Force. We have too many nonsensical laws (cf., prohibition on selling loose cigarettes). If you want less excessive use of police force, then end the avalanche of stupid laws. That will also have the added benefit of shrinking the government and lessening the tax burden for everyone.

The cigarettes were bought OUT OF STATE and NO TAX was paid to the corrupt DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT of the Republic of N.Y. If you're going to tell lies, make sure people don't know the truth!
The police reportedly found four and-a-half packs of Newports on Garner, but those reports don’t specify if those packs were untaxed. Even if you grant that they were, like the 23 packs he had been apprehended with previously, those 90 or so Newports would still be legal under state law:

However, a use tax is not imposed if it meets one of three exceptions: 1) the cigarette tax imposed under § 471 has already been paid; 2) the cigarettes are exempt from taxation under New York State tax law; or 3) the person brought into the state four hundred cigarettes or less.

By the Way It s Not Clear Eric Garner Even Had Illegal Cigarettes When He Was Killed The Daily Banter

Now don't you feel like a dipshit?

How stupid are you, R-Derp? Mr. Garner had been arrested multiple times for selling bootlegged cigarettes. Only a complete moron would sell taxed cigarettes because your profit margin would suck...you sell cigarettes that you bought outside of NY State so you avoid the stiff sin taxes imposed on tobacco products. You drive to Virginia...buy a couple hundred cartons of cigarettes at a third the price of what they are in New York and then you sell them on the street

So because I pay 28% of my income and he pays 14% ONCE of his income of tens of millions I'm an incoherent whinge?

Tard.

You don't pay 28% of your income.
I pay 10% after standard deductions.

Bush tax cuts to lower middle class are ridiculous, I should be paying the old rate, those cuts never should have happened for anyone.

You now, you can go to the treasury dept. website and pay any thing you like if you really feel that way.

But I suspect you won't.

Peace.

The police reportedly found four and-a-half packs of Newports on Garner, but those reports don’t specify if those packs were untaxed. Even if you grant that they were, like the 23 packs he had been apprehended with previously, those 90 or so Newports would still be legal under state law:

However, a use tax is not imposed if it meets one of three exceptions: 1) the cigarette tax imposed under § 471 has already been paid; 2) the cigarettes are exempt from taxation under New York State tax law; or 3) the person brought into the state four hundred cigarettes or less.

By the Way It s Not Clear Eric Garner Even Had Illegal Cigarettes When He Was Killed The Daily Banter

Now don't you feel like a dipshit?

No dipshit because the guy wasn't USING THE CIGARETTES FOR HIMSELF, you :ahole-1: HE WAS RESELLING THEM IN FRONT OF A STORE WHERE YOU HAD THE STORE OWNER AS A COMPLAINANT (HE SOLD CIGARETTES IN HIS STORE!), AND WAS THE ONE WHO CALLED THE COPS ON GARNER TO BEGIN WITH.... All your work, JUST TO GET BITCH SLAPPED AGAIN!!!!

Forum List

Back