Why is not paying taxes OK for some and not for others?

R

rdean

Mitt Romney made 22 million from 250 million he already made. He paid 14% taxes on the single tax return he let us look at. Probably much less to none on the others. Right wingers felt he shouldn't even have paid what he paid because he paid taxes on the original money and they felt that should have been enough.

Eric Garner bought a pack a cigarettes and was selling them one at a time to people who couldn't afford a entire pack. He paid taxes on the original pack but not when he sold the individual cigarettes. Right wingers feel he deserved what he got because was breaking the law for not paying taxes selling something he already paid taxes on. Like Mitt Romney selling his money for more money, only for Mitt, it was OK. I'm sure race had nothing to do with it but it seems a clear double standard to me.

How about this LARGEST TAX deduction taken by businesses.
You in favor of doing away with a $248 billion tax deduction?

After all this is the single largest TAX LOOP HOLE by nearly 80% over the NEXT corporate tax loop hole...Let's go after them!
Businesses should NOT be able to take these deductions don't you agree?

BIG BAD evil corporations gouging the little tax payer ...
WAIT...
#1 is health insurance premium deductions for employee health plans? NO WAY!!!
#2 is Pension payments? For the little guy? NO way!!!

So where would you go??

taxexpenditures.png

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/43768_DistributionTaxExpenditures.pdf

Mitt Romney made 22 million from 250 million he already made. He paid 14% taxes on the single tax return he let us look at. Probably much less to none on the others. Right wingers felt he shouldn't even have paid what he paid because he paid taxes on the original money and they felt that should have been enough.

Eric Garner bought a pack a cigarettes and was selling them one at a time to people who couldn't afford a entire pack. He paid taxes on the original pack but not when he sold the individual cigarettes. Right wingers feel he deserved what he got because was breaking the law for not paying taxes selling something he already paid taxes on. Like Mitt Romney selling his money for more money, only for Mitt, it was OK. I'm sure race had nothing to do with it but it seems a clear double standard to me.

Right wingers feel he deserved what he got because was breaking the law for not paying taxes selling something he already paid taxes on.

Which ones? Where?

Right wingers feel he deserved what he got because was breaking the law for not paying taxes selling something he already paid taxes on.

Which ones? Where?
Exactly, Romney broke no law because the law is written by people like him.

On the other hand, Eric Garner was breaking the law doing exactly what Mitt was doing. Only with Eric it was on the street and didn't involve selling money.

Which ones? Where?

On the other hand, Eric Garner was breaking the law doing exactly what Mitt was doing. Only with Eric it was on the street and didn't involve selling money.

Which law written by rich Mormons makes you cry?

On the other hand, Eric Garner was breaking the law doing exactly what Mitt was doing.

Mitt is selling loose cigarettes? Wow!

Oh, Hai there!!!!

AL-SHARPTON.jpg

What an incoherent whinge.

14% of $22M is over $3M. I suspect that is far more in taxes than you paid, bub.

And if you actually read for comprehension and retention, you would see that most conservatives on the board are horrified over Eric Garner's death. He would still be alive if you Nanny State Progs didn't push laws to cover the most banal of civil interactions. Every law is ultimately enforced by the Government Power of Deadly Force. We have too many nonsensical laws (cf., prohibition on selling loose cigarettes). If you want less excessive use of police force, then end the avalanche of stupid laws. That will also have the added benefit of shrinking the government and lessening the tax burden for everyone.

You are such a partisan idiot, are you really as dumb as you come off here or do you just play the part well.

When you say "right wingers" who is and who is not included? Because there are many on this board who lean to the right that believe Garner did NOT get what he deserved, that believe it was excessive force, however being the partisan asshole that you are, you invoke your political bullshit. Can you not give it a rest, you are clearly way off base on this point.

As far as your Romney bullshit, it isn't worth mentioning.

The cigarettes were bought OUT OF STATE and NO TAX was paid to the corrupt DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT of the Republic of N.Y. If you're going to tell lies, make sure people don't know the truth!

14% of $22M is over $3M. I suspect that is far more in taxes than you paid, bub.

And if you actually read for comprehension and retention, you would see that most conservatives on the board are horrified over Eric Garner's death. He would still be alive if you Nanny State Progs didn't push laws to cover the most banal of civil interactions. Every law is ultimately enforced by the Government Power of Deadly Force. We have too many nonsensical laws (cf., prohibition on selling loose cigarettes). If you want less excessive use of police force, then end the avalanche of stupid laws. That will also have the added benefit of shrinking the government and lessening the tax burden for everyone.
So because I pay 28% of my income and he pays 14% ONCE of his income of tens of millions I'm an incoherent whinge?

Tard.

So because I pay 28% of my income and he pays 14% ONCE of his income of tens of millions I'm an incoherent whinge?

Tard.

You are a pathetic moron. $3M is far higher than the $3,000 or so you likely pay. Learn some math.

The cigarettes were bought OUT OF STATE and NO TAX was paid to the corrupt DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT of the Republic of N.Y. If you're going to tell lies, make sure people don't know the truth!
The police reportedly found four and-a-half packs of Newports on Garner, but those reports don’t specify if those packs were untaxed. Even if you grant that they were, like the 23 packs he had been apprehended with previously, those 90 or so Newports would still be legal under state law:

However, a use tax is not imposed if it meets one of three exceptions: 1) the cigarette tax imposed under § 471 has already been paid; 2) the cigarettes are exempt from taxation under New York State tax law; or 3) the person brought into the state four hundred cigarettes or less.

By the Way It s Not Clear Eric Garner Even Had Illegal Cigarettes When He Was Killed The Daily Banter

Now don't you feel like a dipshit?

Why does the Democrat base not pay any taxes?

Don't these fuckers use our roads and bridges?

Our roads and bridges? Come on. You don't believe in country investment.

We surely don't use your hotels:

2008-02-29_134703-Treehugger-trailer-densities.jpg

Obama's Commerce Secretary, Multi-billionaire Penny Pritzker FORGOT to disclose $80MM on her Disclosure forms. She pays her Hyatt workers minimum wage

She FORGOT about $80MM

Tard.

So you're disagreeing with your own liberal marginal tax code?

Tard.

You don't pay 28% of your income.

Good grief... it never gets old with this one.

FACT: It is illegal to sell individual cigarettes... thank you fellow liberal politicians for that one. God forbid your beloved gubmint doesn't get to tax EVERYTHING.

Garner's dead because of people like you and your stupid policies.

Tard.

Yes.

Good grief... it never gets old with this one.

FACT: It is illegal to sell individual cigarettes... thank you fellow liberal politicians for that one. God forbid your beloved gubmint doesn't get to tax EVERYTHING.

Garner's dead because of people like you and your stupid policies.

And isn't it reassuring that the government will use Deadly Force to ensure collection of a few pennies?

Forum List

Back