Why is it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RetiredGySgt, Mar 4, 2009.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    I wonder why it is that with Democrats firmly in control of the Legislature and the White House and set to retake the Judiciary that so many liberals are busy reminding every one every day that the Republicans are , well what ever comes to mind insert here.

If as you claim the party is done for and won't recover and can never get elected again, why do you spend so much time bitching about the party YOU claim is done for?

To what end besides beating a dead horse do you aspire IF as you post, there is no hope and chance?

Just curious.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,746
    One of my fondest dreams is seeing the GOP in the gutter begging for some love and getting spit on.

It's just too good to pass up pointing out that they are.

3. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Because their prior policies, wars, and governance are still relevant to today's debates even if they never see power again.

4. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    How can that be? We have listened for 8 long years to you and your buddies insist that anything Clinton did became irrelevant the minute he was no longer President.

5. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Well that's a total strawman if I've ever seen one and you've certainly never heard that from me.

Try another route.

6. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    Sure thing MATE.

7. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Whatever, guy. You're delusional if you think you have made or proven any kind of point thus far.

8. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    Partisan politics are for the weak Sarge, it's the ultimate diversion of inept governance, and by god i don't care what political stripe one opines from, they've been f'ing things up for the middle class for quite some time now

think about it, weather one is a rep or dem, we really want the same things, don't we?

we'd like to be free, have a lifestyle that doesn't bust our balls, and leave things better for our kids, agreed?

so when this doesn't occur, those at the helm of of country play the biggest blame game in town, partisanship politics

now if we really and truely follow the $$$, we'll find that the lobbyists grease either faction quite well, and they both operate acccording to their wishes than that of the overall welfare of the middle class

failure's no orphan in the political arena, it's foisted upon the loosers every time the pendulum of power swings here, we're all just collectively lame enough to buy into it....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Dems fear they will lose the grip on power they have waited and worked for, for so long so they are keeping up the tactics that brought them victory.

The downside is they will have nobody to scapegoat when the economy shatters from this spending spree but themselves.

10. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Please post some of these threads. I never justified Clinton's BJ or perjury. I did say he handed off a surplus to Junior who then went and squandered it and handed off the largest deficit in our lifetime.

For me it's a feeling of justification. After the right owned the entire structure for 4 years and did what they wanted, told the left to piss off, did whatever Bush told them to do, now we see them in utter dissaray. They had control and could have kept it, but instead played the absolute corruption card and lost big time.

Now, they are following a radio talk show host. Their leader of the RNC apologizes to a man who once said all druggies should be thrown in jail and then turned out to be a druggie.

I hope they continue to kneel at the altar of Rush. They will only attract the most rabid of the right wing and will alienate the independents. They will not get back into power with him at the helm.

I hope that clears up my remarks.

Plus, all the crap that happened under Bush's watch is still with US today.