GOP Approval = All Time Low

bk1983

Off too Kuwait..
Oct 17, 2008
A tough six weeks for the GOP
While the poll — which was conducted of 1,007 adults from Feb. 26 to March 1, and which has an overall margin of error of plus-minus 3.1 percentage points — finds Obama in a strong position after his first six weeks as president, the same isn't true for Republicans.

Just 26 percent view the Republican Party positively, which is an all-time low for the party. That's compared with 49 percent who have a favorable view of the Democratic Party.

In addition, a combined 56 percent say the previous Bush administration deserved "almost all" of the blame or a "major part" of the blame for the partisanship in Washington, and a combined 41 percent say the same of congressional Republicans.

By contrast, only 24 percent say that of congressional Democrats and just 11 percent say that of the Obama administration.

Also, the public overwhelmingly believes the GOP's opposition to Obama's policies and programs is based on politics: 56 percent say they're trying to gain political advantage

Republicans, Hart argues, "have been tone deaf to the results of the 2008 election... They never heard the message. They continue to preach the old-time religion."

McInturff, the GOP pollster, agrees. "These are difficult and problematic numbers."

Poll: Obama's rating at all-time high - White House- msnbc.com

:dig::dig:

All that means is the Dems have better propaganda these days.

Both sides suck ass and use the same tactics.

I disagree. When people see and hear Obama, more and more like and admire him. He has a charismatic personality which come across through all the crap that the right throws at him.

I disagree. When people see and hear Obama, more and more like and admire him. He has a charismatic personality which come across through all the crap that the right throws at him.
Personality and ability are different issues.

All I see is a man spending like their is no tomorrow and making a mockery of his campaign talk of 'change' in washington.

While the poll — which was conducted of 1,007 adults from Feb. 26 to March 1, and which has an overall margin of error of plus-minus 3.1 percentage points — finds Obama in a strong position after his first six weeks as president, the same isn't true for Republicans.

Just 26 percent view the Republican Party positively, which is an all-time low for the party. That's compared with 49 percent who have a favorable view of the Democratic Party.

In addition, a combined 56 percent say the previous Bush administration deserved "almost all" of the blame or a "major part" of the blame for the partisanship in Washington, and a combined 41 percent say the same of congressional Republicans.

By contrast, only 24 percent say that of congressional Democrats and just 11 percent say that of the Obama administration.

Also, the public overwhelmingly believes the GOP's opposition to Obama's policies and programs is based on politics: 56 percent say they're trying to gain political advantage

Republicans, Hart argues, "have been tone deaf to the results of the 2008 election... They never heard the message. They continue to preach the old-time religion."

McInturff, the GOP pollster, agrees. "These are difficult and problematic numbers."

Have to love THIS. Republicans suck so Democrats don't?

What I love about polls: One thread says Obama is tanking and this one says his star is at an all-time high. *yawn*

I disagree. The more I see and hear Obama, the less I like him. I didn't vote for either Obama or McCain, but I was willing to give Obama a chance. IMHO, he appears to be utterly clueless.

How the hell does one end up blaming the Republicans for this BIPARTISN disaster?

Of course one might decide that the stimulus system sucks wind, as most Republicans in Congress seem to think, but that's a slightly different issue.

I hope to God , if nothing else, this economic depression wakes enough Americans up to the fact that this Democratic v Republican paradigm is little more than shadow puppet theater.

I blame the HAVES who own Congress and the HAVES who controlled our banks for this mess.

Why?

Well...who else was in charge to be a psotion to allow it to happen?

Government?

They OWN our government for goodness sakes.

How the hell does one end up blaming the Republicans for this BIPARTISN disaster?

Of course one might decide that the stimulus system sucks wind, as most Republicans in Congress seem to think, but that's a slightly different issue.

I hope to God , if nothing else, this economic depression wakes enough Americans up to the fact that this Democratic v Republican paradigm is little more than shadow puppet theater.

I blame the HAVES who own Congress and the HAVES who controlled our banks for this mess.

Why?

Well...who else was in charge to be a psotion to allow it to happen?

Government?

They OWN our government for goodness sakes.

wrong buddy,, it is no longer a bipartisan disaster,, it's all on the Democrats,, my favorite TV station has now become CNBC! it's a riot..

I believe the poll was conducted by MSNBC. That should tell you all you need to know as to how one party is getting the blame.

Next time he should use bipartisan polling :lol:

This is a simple case of the dumbing down of America. Everyday someone in the Obama administration says they inherited this financial mess. The media feeds us this sound bite daily. And then you have Obama lowering the bar with his gloom and doom speeches while implementing his agenda and social spending. If the Obama loving media ever turns against him and actually starts reporting daily the reality of our situation instead of the BS hope and change, you will see those polling numbers reverse very quickly. Your average Joe watching MSNBC parrots what he hears. This simple phenomena is how the media can make or break a person.

ROFLMNAO...

These polls and those who project them as fact are HYSTERICAL...

I've been registered a Republican since 1981... and I've never been more disappointed in the GOP. Even during the dark days of the 96 election when they ran Bob Dole against Bubba, I never seriously considered changing my registration... but when they ran fascist with major leftist tendencies (pardon the redundancy, but it was necessary for effect)... it was CUH...LOSE! Had Palin not come along, that would have been a a done deal.

Hussein's 'popularity' will rise and fall with his performance, which is usually a mythological facet which can be sustained by the media. But the media can't script a facade of success around a plummeting equity market. The Market has lost more than 50% of it's value since the Left gained strong majorities in the Congress and in the 5 WEEKS since President Hussein took power and implemented his 5 TRILLION IN SPENDING; made moves to nationalize the health and banking industry... the market has fallen exponentially; to which his response was: 'So what...'

Brace yourself kids... this thing is worse than even I predicted it would be and that's a lot of things... but "GOOD" is not one of them. It IS however what one can expect when one puts a Muslim Marxist in the Cheif Executive during a time when the US is at WAR WITH MUSLIM MARXISTS and faces major economic challenges as a result of that war and the MARXISTS in Government who promote the interests of that which presents the greatest challenge against us.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ5SVDYBNrY]YouTube - Living Colour - Cult Of Personality[/ame]

the guys I know at school who were huge Obama guys are already abandoning ship. try all you want, but Obama is already bleeding political capital

Forum List

Back