Why is it that republicans lack such basic understanding of the government? .

Why can't republicans ever clearly define what they mean by "limited government"? What purpose should it serve?

Excellent questions. We need more threads like this.

In reverse order:

"What purpose should it serve?" -

The primary purpose of our government should be - above and beyond all other duties we might assign it - to protect the freedom of the people living here.

"Why can't republicans ever clearly define what they mean by 'limited government'?" -

I think it's mostly because very few people really think much about the first question, concerning the purpose of government, so they usually just think of limited government as 'small' government, which isn't necessarily the same thing.

Last edited:
It's funny... this thread was supposed to be an attack on conservatives, and yet all the leftards on this thread have done, is prove to me that not one of them understands our position, or what we believe.

In short, they all proved they are completely ignorant and clueless.

If they spent half as much time learning our belief system, as they do just insulting things they are ignorant of, we wouldn't need such moronic threads on this forum.

Lol this post is all fluff and no substance. How about you explain, in detail, why I am wrong?

Oh look a flash back..........

I mean some republicans are so dumb that their logic is like that of a caveman: "gubmint and taxes bad, freedom good! Derp derp derp!"

Right of course how silly for the rest of us to assume republicans are smart enough to understand the importance of investing in things like science and infrastructure and the revenue needed to pay for it?

Lol this post is all fluff and no substance. How about you explain, in detail, why Republicans are wrong?

You can dish out insults and empty accusations, but then can't take it when they are thrown back in your face?

It's funny... this thread was supposed to be an attack on conservatives, and yet all the leftards on this thread have done, is prove to me that not one of them understands our position, or what we believe.

In short, they all proved they are completely ignorant and clueless.

If they spent half as much time learning our belief system, as they do just insulting things they are ignorant of, we wouldn't need such moronic threads on this forum.

Lol this post is all fluff and no substance. How about you explain, in detail, why I am wrong?

I mean some republicans are so dumb that their logic is like that of a caveman: "gubmint and taxes bad, freedom good! Derp derp derp!"

Right of course how silly for the rest of us to assume republicans are smart enough to understand the importance of investing in things like science and infrastructure and the revenue needed to pay for it?

Lol this post is all fluff and no substance. How about you explain, in detail, why Republicans are wrong?

You can dish out insults and empty accusations, but then can't take it when they are thrown back in your face?

My point is that you didn't put forth an actual argument. What you said was completely generic.

My point is that you didn't put forth an actual argument. What you said was completely generic.

OK, billy zero.

limited government means government in accordance with the constitution of the United States. If you don't know what that means, get a copy and read it.

Americans are stupid. There's no other way to explain the existence of the democrat party.

Why can't republicans ever clearly define what they mean by "limited government"? What purpose should it serve?
The purpose of government is to protect the rights of the people; the powers and actions of govenment need be no greater than those necessary to do so.

Gee - that was easy.

:dunno:

[MENTION=6581]M14 Shooter[/MENTION]

Don't you think that there should be regulation on the products we buy? Don't you think we need legal standards about how much lead should go into paint? Or how about certain ingredients of the pharmaceutical drugs we take? In cigarettes? In our meats?

What about consumer protection in general? Shouldn't corporations follow rules like the rest of us?

OK, billy zero.

limited government means government in accordance with the constitution of the United States. If you don't know what that means, get a copy and read it.

Let's leave Obama out of this conversation because I already know you will mention him once I ask this question. What in our govenment is unconstitutional? What are the big offenses? Leave anything Obama came up out of your answer.

Last edited:

OK, billy zero.

Let's leave Obama out of this conversation because I already know you will mention him once I ask this question. What in our govenment is unconstitutional? What are the big offenses? Leave anything Obama came up out of your answer.

The Patriot Act, the health insurance mandates, the bankster bailouts. All initiated by Republicans. All perpetuated by Democrats.

OK, billy zero.

The Patriot Act, the health insurance mandates, the bankster bailouts. All initiated by Republicans. All perpetuated by Democrats.

Yeah good ones. Anything else? If none of those things happened would you be satisfied with our government?

Yeah good ones. Anything else? If none of those things happened would you be satisfied with our government?

There's plenty more, but getting rid of those would be a good start.

Because they don't actually support it.

You're shitting me right?

So to the far left who wants the government to control every aspect to their lives, what difference does it make?

You mean like women's bodies?

The right to die without health care?

Who should be "allowed" to get married?

Those kinds of aspects?

Should I name more?

See what I mean. It's so easy to tear apart GOP talking points because talking points are all they have. There is no thought. No depth. Just cruelty, ignorance and misery.

Americans are stupid. There's no other way to explain the existence of the democrat party.

So if Americans are stupid, then half of stupid Americans vote democrat. The other half? They vote republican. Actually, we have no other choice because as long as money buys politicians, no other realistic options besides these two parties exist. Unlike what you think, the two parties are similar. Continuous wars for continuous profit, finding employees that will work for less than Americans through offshoring, outsourcing, hb-1 visas, illegal immigration. Politicians are now legally bribed with campaign donations especially after citizens united. And still, a young guy doing small amounts of marijuana is more likely to go to jail than corrupt bankers and wall streeters.

Last edited:
Why is it that republicans lack such basic understanding of the government? .

when it comes to this current Gvmt. how the hell can anyone understand it...., other than liberdupes ?

for your edification liberfool it is Republicans ... :up:

:lmao: at your dumbass and :fu:

the big difference between libs and cons is the lib gives the poor man a fish (from the rich man's table; without asking-
not theirs). The con teaches the poor man how to fish for himself (for life). Now who is really helping the poor man?

Libs are always good with OTHER people's money. How is that debt coming Obama?

You republicans are just addicted to teaching others to fish. You don't seem to mind when oil companies and other industries pollute lakes and oceans where the fish are, though.

Forum List

Back