'Why is it taking you so long to die?' Video of verbal abuse shocks family of long-term care residen

We have our cases of elder abuse here as well. Does that speak to our country as a whole? I like to think that it doesn't. These are individual bad behaviors and certainly don't represent me or my feelings about anything at all.
The root problem here is children dishing off care for their elders, to those outside the family unit.

There isn't a choice in a lot of situations. Like my grandmother who needs 24/7 care because of her Alzheimer's.

You do what it I takes.

Like what? Quit your job? You idiot. Get lost.

Thoughtful reply there, shortbus.

Yes. If that's what it takes, you quit your job. Hopefully, there is another solution, but if you have to you have to.

You are truly a moron.

We have our cases of elder abuse here as well. Does that speak to our country as a whole? I like to think that it doesn't. These are individual bad behaviors and certainly don't represent me or my feelings about anything at all.
The root problem here is children dishing off care for their elders, to those outside the family unit.

There isn't a choice in a lot of situations. Like my grandmother who needs 24/7 care because of her Alzheimer's.
There is a choice. You just prefer different options. Not judging here; but there is a choice.

What choice is that? Why don't you tell MY family what our choices are?
You know what your choices are...

Yes, the choice was to place her where she could get nursing care around the clock, so that she doesn't fall down and break bones, so that if there is a medical emergency, there are people and equipment available to help her, where there are qualified staff and appropriate medications available to care for her properly and keep her the most comfortable.

You do what it I takes.

Yes. If that's what it takes, you quit your job. Hopefully, there is another solution, but if you have to you have to.

You are truly a moron.

Got it.

I'm a moron for disagreeing with you about flinging my parent into a nursing home.

You are a great human being darling.

My mom took care of me for 18 years and was there for me thereafter and I don't believe I'm a moron for taking care of her in her time of greatest need.

Guilt making you hostile?

Very FEW people have the means to care for an elderly person at home, nor do they have the appropriate SAFE environment to do so.
Humans have managed to do this since the dawn of time. Only very recently have some convinced themselves that it cannot be done.

You do what it I takes.

You are truly a moron.

Got it.

I'm a moron for disagreeing with you about flinging my parent into a nursing home.

My mom took care of me for 18 years and was there for me thereafter and I don't believe I'm a moron for taking care of her in her time of greatest need.

No, idiots who don't have any clue as to what they are talking about make me hostile and people who are worthless fucktards like yourself.

Very FEW people have the means to care for an elderly person at home, nor do they have the appropriate SAFE environment to do so.
Humans have managed to do this since the dawn of time. Only very recently have some convinced themselves that it cannot be done.

Who can afford to quit their job to provide 24/7 care to an Alzheimer's patient. I'm willing to bet you have no idea what you are talking about and that you've never dealt or taken care of a person with Alzheimer's. You haven't a clue, so your opinions on the matter are irrelevant.

Get the means and change the atmosphere.

Unless that parent is in need of some serious medical care above your ability, they should be taken care of.

Everyone uses lame excuses because they don't want the cramp in their lifestyle.

Unless that parent is in need of some serious medical care above your ability, they should be taken care of.

Everyone uses lame excuses because they don't want the cramp in their lifestyle.

Get the means? Are you for real. Look, stop bothering me you little puke stain.

You do what it I takes.

You are truly a moron.

Got it.

Your judgement is uncalled for and not helpful.

Everyone has their own situation and circumstances. Very few, if any, can quit their job to look after someone 24/7. If they did, it wouldn't be long before both they and their parent were homeless right? Sort of self defeating. That goes for 99.9% of society. It is also very difficult to deal with particular health issues also.

Furthermore, it employs an industry of care givers, nurses and the like who are educated and SUPPOSED to be loving, caring human beings. This skillset alone can extend the life of a loved one dramatically.

Yes, of course we have some caring nurses in Canada, without question. It's just disgusting how our system protects the worst in our society as long as they have any authority. It's backwards, quite contrary to the spirit of the system you have in America.

There is a choice. You just prefer different options. Not judging here; but there is a choice.

Yes, the choice was to place her where she could get nursing care around the clock, so that she doesn't fall down and break bones, so that if there is a medical emergency, there are people and equipment available to help her, where there are qualified staff and appropriate medications available to care for her properly and keep her the most comfortable.

You are ignorant about nursing homes.
Your belief about what happens there doesn't make it so.

You do what it I takes.

You are truly a moron.

Got it.

Everyone has their own situation and circumstances. Very few, if any, can quit their job to look after someone 24/7. If they did, it wouldn't be long before both they and their parent were homeless. It is also very difficult to deal with particular issues also.

Furthermore, it employs an industry of care givers, nurses and the like who are educated and SUPPOSED to be loving, caring human beings. This skillset alone can extend the life of a loved one dramatically.

Yes, of course we have some caring nurses in Canada, without question. It's just disgusting how our system protects the worst in our society as long as they have any authority. It's backwards, quite contrary to the spirit of the system you have in America.

Thank you for the common sense! :) I agree that there should be major crackdowns on these facilities that are even suspected of elder abuse. They should definitely not be able to hide from the family. You should be free to go in and visit whenever you wanted, within reason of course.

Get lost, trollish ghoul.

Who can afford to quit their job to provide 24/7 care to an Alzheimer's patient. I'm willing to bet you have no idea what you are talking about and that you've never dealt or taken care of a person with Alzheimer's. You haven't a clue, so your opinions on the matter are irrelevant.
Who can? The answer is simpler than you might think. Couples who had the fore sight to realize that one day, their parents would age and need their assistance. People who have structured their lives with the future in mind. Families who have embraced traditional values, and have had the wife at home as a caregiver throughout the healty years of their parents. To name a few.

You do what it I takes.

You are truly a moron.

Got it.

Everyone has their own situation and circumstances. Very few, if any, can quit their job to look after someone 24/7. If they did, it wouldn't be long before both they and their parent were homeless right? Sort of self defeating. That goes for 99.9% of society. It is also very difficult to deal with particular health issues also.

Who said I was trying for helpful? It"s a message board, I voiced my opinion.
It"s more rare than common that an elderly parent cannot be cared for at home. I didn't say it was easy,
I said in my opinion, they should be cared for by family.
I found Chris name calling helpful.

Get the means? Are you for real. Look, stop bothering me you little puke stain.

LOL!!
I'm bothering you?
Poor thing.
Ignore features works.

Get lost, trollish ghoul.

Nope.
I'm as free as your rude ass to post my opinion on a subject that interests me.

I thought this was a thread about conversations Ivanka and Eric were having about daddy that the White House staff overheard.

Forum List

Back