Why is it so important to atheists to evangelize?

Really, why?

If G-d doesn't exist then why do you spend soooo much time and resources writing books and movies, posting on message boards, etc... to slander a god that doesn't exist.

I mean really, why not divide your time between G-d and Santa Clause?

because

there are ORGANIZATIONS of religious zealots who are ACTIVELY waging "culture war" on everyone who isn't one of them

as long as they exercise their freedom of speech to wage culture war on people like me then I will use MY Freedom of speech to try and save my life from these wackos

it is merely self defense

That is the EXACT issue. If religion were not encroaching on our lives by trying to get ID taught in schools, complete bans on abortion and things like that then there would be a LOT less 'evangelizing' from atheists. Fact is, those that are religious build their world view and morals upon that conviction and in order for atheists world views and convictions to be heard we need to speak up when things like ID are pushed to supplant science.
Here it comes...

ID is comparable to many theories taught in school. It's evidence that anti-christians are winning the war to restrict religious freedom that theories which support the existence of God are held to a different standard than any wacked out theory that challenges the existence of God.

That's not the way it looks from the outside, chum.

So...you assume you are the smart one in this ?

Convince me your god is real and exists somewhere other than yours and your fellow christians imagination..IE "faith". See if your brainpower can do it without using that cop out.

It's not my job to convince you of anything. You don't want to believe, don't believe, I don't care. Just don't try to restrict my religious freedom.

And yes, I'm always the smart one. It goes without saying, but thanks for noticing.

That's not the way it looks from the outside, chum.

So...you assume you are the smart one in this ?

Convince me your god is real and exists somewhere other than yours and your fellow christians imagination..IE "faith". See if your brainpower can do it without using that cop out.

It's not my job to convince you of anything. You don't want to believe, don't believe, I don't care. Just don't try to restrict my religious freedom.

And yes, I'm always the smart one. It goes without saying, but thanks for noticing.

Yes you do. If only on a very small scale it troubles you deeply that your perfect god cannot convince me that it is anything of consequence. In your circle "faith" is assumed virtue. Faith is the worst kind of a lie. It is you lying to yourself just to get along with others that demand you are all telling yourselves the same lie to have each others allegiance..

ID is comparable to many theories taught in school. It's evidence that anti-christians are winning the war to restrict religious freedom that theories which support the existence of God are held to a different standard than any wacked out theory that challenges the existence of God.

No, ID is NOT comparable to existing theories because it is not a scientific theory whatsoever. It is this EXACT attitude that has caused atheists to 'evangelize' as you call it. ID is a straight religious theory that relies in faith without fact. I have nothing against ID, I have an issue with it supplanting science within a school. You say it is restricting your religious freedom to not preach YOUR belief to MY children. Do you realize how backward that is? There comes a point at which you can no longer be silent lest your existence is drown out by the noise of others.

Isn't it a sin to lie?

All scientific theories are held to the same standard. The First Law of Thermodynamics says you can't get something from nothing. Any "scientific" theory that involves God requires a CREATION theory and creation VIOLATES the First Law of Thermodynamics. Creation say no thing (God) created everything from nothing. ANY theory that violates the FLoT is not a valid scientific theory so there is no double standard.

Isn't it a sin to lie?

All scientific theories are held to the same standard. The First Law of Thermodynamics says you can't get something from nothing. Any "scientific" theory that involves God requires a CREATION theory and creation VIOLATES the First Law of Thermodynamics. Creation say no thing (God) created everything from nothing. ANY theory that violates the FLoT is not a valid scientific theory so there is no double standard.

So the big bang theory also violates the first law of thermodynamics?

Isn't it a sin to lie?

BULLSHIT

Conspicuous in it's absence is any explanation of that crap! I'm guessing you are simply parroting your MessiahRushie as he is the only person scientifically ignorant enough to have said that crapola. How stupid do you DittoTards have to be to believe anything Stuttering LimpTard says about science?
What a moron.

December 24, 2007
RUSH: The Big Bang violates the best-known law of science, the first law of thermodynamics. The first law of thermodynamics says that you cannot create something out of nothing. Hello, Mr. Pascal. He wasn't even a scientist. He was a philosopher. It's easier to believe that something that has been can be again than it is to believe that something that has never been can be. Yet, the Big Bang violates the first law of thermodynamics. That law says you cannot create something out of nothing. But cosmologists, who are physicists that study the evolution of the universe, have to invent new physics to explain the Big Bang: physics that have never been observed. So is this science or is it faith? The Big Bang crowd, nobody was there to see it. We're just told that this tiny little speck of almost nothing exploded one day and became the universe?

athiest don't account for 1/10 of 1% of the dogma in politics. That's why it's important.

SEPARTAION OF BS RELIGION AND STATE

Isn't it a sin to lie?

BULLSHIT

Conspicuous in it's absence is any explanation of that crap! I'm guessing you are simply parroting your MessiahRushie as he is the only person scientifically ignorant enough to have said that crapola. How stupid do you DittoTards have to be to believe anything Stuttering LimpTard says about science?
What a moron.

December 24, 2007
RUSH: The Big Bang violates the best-known law of science, the first law of thermodynamics. The first law of thermodynamics says that you cannot create something out of nothing. Hello, Mr. Pascal. He wasn't even a scientist. He was a philosopher. It's easier to believe that something that has been can be again than it is to believe that something that has never been can be. Yet, the Big Bang violates the first law of thermodynamics. That law says you cannot create something out of nothing. But cosmologists, who are physicists that study the evolution of the universe, have to invent new physics to explain the Big Bang: physics that have never been observed. So is this science or is it faith? The Big Bang crowd, nobody was there to see it. We're just told that this tiny little speck of almost nothing exploded one day and became the universe?

If you take some time you might realize i was asking you a question. That's what that little thing at the end of my sentence indicates. So what explanation is warranted?

I do not listen to Rush Limbaugh you idiot.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. It seems you listen to him more than anyone on this board because you seem to have a gigabyte worth of his quotes stored on your hard drive.

Do you really think Rush is the only person to ask that question regarding the big bang theory? And you do realize it is still only a theory don't you?

Last edited:
Isn't it a sin to lie?

And who determined the First Law of Thermodynamics, and how was it determined? It's a rhetorical question, man stated the law, and it was defined by a human mind that is unable to understand 75% of it's surroundings and can't explain it's origin. To act like man has all of the answers or even some of the answers is ridiculous in itself. I don't see how placing your faith in man's understandings of his surroundings is any more credible than placing your faith in the existence of a higher being.

It has nothing to do with the laws of thermodynamics or any laws for that matter. It has to do with what is in the realm of science (observable, testable and provable naturalistic experimentation and observation) against what is faith (belief with a lack of proof and supernatural means). They are not the same thing and occupy different realms. There is nothing wrong with faith or the precepts and ideas that come with it. The problem is when faith or science attempt to cross over into the other realm. ID is faith based as it does not involve anything that is testable, repeatable or provable in any shape or form. It is based in a FAITH that there is a god and that god created things as we have them today. THAT IS NOT SCIENCE and does not belong in the classroom. That is ONE example of why atheists feel the need to speak up, faith and religion crossing into the classroom when SCIENCE is supposed to be there instead. Faith is a matter for the home to address.

BULLSHIT

What a moron.

December 24, 2007

If you take some time you might realize i was asking you a question. That's what that little thing at the end of my sentence indicates. So what explanation is warranted?

I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. It seems you listen to him more than anyone on this board because you seem to have a gigabyte worth of his quotes stored on your hard drive.

Do you really think Rush is the only person to ask that question regarding the big bang theory? And you do realize it is still only a theory don't you?

No, the big bang does not because it does not propose where anything came from. The big bang is simple, it is the obvious conclusion drawn from the fact that all bodies in space are moving away from a single point at a rate that seems to have them all together at some time in the past. As to where the actual stuff came from - science still does not know and may never know. That is where religion can speculate all it wants and where science does not belong. There is nothing in science that refutes god but that does not change the fact that science has a place and faith has a place. Most atheists are simply tired of being told the must accept the precepts of a specific religion as science and law.

If you believe in superman or his enemies you are an idiot. You comic book hero was never presented as a real entity. Your imagination running away doesn't constitute religion.

Atheists don't care about your comic books. Your little fantasy doesn't get millions of people killed.. or their lives destroyed.

You are just bored..Christians are seriously dangerous social psychopaths.

You said that atheists don't find fault with God. What do you say about the dozen or so atheist forums bashing God and anything Christian? You say that God is fictional, I say that people accept that and get mad at fictional characters. On Kryptonsite.com forums, people from all walks of life bash fictional characters.

I don't think Christians are dangerous, unless you take it to the extreme, i.e. Fundamentalism. But what can be dangerous about beleiving in something more important then you?

Why is it so important to atheists to evangelize?

Most athiests are better people than most christians or muslims. We don't like being lied to and hate seeing others lied to. I for one feel like organized religion degrades humans, misinforms and plays on that misinformation to make it appear that there is some kind of justification for what otherwise would be considered a criminal fraud.

No one of sound mind chooses to fall for religious bullshit. Children are indoctrinated before they have enough sense to reject doctrine for the fantasies they are. The humorous "converts" are the ones that turn to jesus when they are at a low point in their lives.. Ya that's a valid sell. HMMMmm....??? Let's see...suicide or Jesus??? You people kill me. I could start a better religion with monkeys.

If we wanted monkey religion, we'd listen to you

Thank you for making it painfully obvious that atheists are malicious zealots in their own right.

I don't speak for "atheists". I have never read a book or pamphlet on atheism. I was fortunate enough to have been given a brain that is not easily tricked.

Problem is, you have to come to the conclusion that your brain hasn't been tricked using your own brain cells. ;)

BULLSHIT

What a moron.

December 24, 2007

"SO" you think that after making a statement that begins with "so" and putting a "?" at the end that covers your ass? :lol:

And I'm sure there are many morons stupid enough to parrot LimpTard just like you did.

If you could pay attention to what your MessiahRushie said, he ended up contradicting himself. That "tiny little speck of ALMOST nothing" was only ALL THE ENERGY OF THE UNIVERSE, which is definitely SOMETHING and not nothing!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Isn't it a sin to lie?

And who determined the First Law of Thermodynamics, and how was it determined? It's a rhetorical question, man stated the law, and it was defined by a human mind that is unable to understand 75% of it's surroundings and can't explain it's origin. To act like man has all of the answers or even some of the answers is ridiculous in itself. I don't see how placing your faith in man's understandings of his surroundings is any more credible than placing your faith in the existence of a higher being.
The FLoT was PROVEN with a REPEATABLE experiment by James Prescott Joule. The "joule" is a unit of energy named after him in honor of this accomplishment. You probably have a surge protector for your computer or stereo equipment rated in "joules."

You have been brainwashed so thoroughly by your deceivers that you have come to doubt even what has been proven.

If you believe in superman or his enemies you are an idiot. You comic book hero was never presented as a real entity. Your imagination running away doesn't constitute religion.

Atheists don't care about your comic books. Your little fantasy doesn't get millions of people killed.. or their lives destroyed.

You are just bored..Christians are seriously dangerous social psychopaths.

You said that atheists don't find fault with God. What do you say about the dozen or so atheist forums bashing God and anything Christian? You say that God is fictional, I say that people accept that and get mad at fictional characters. On Kryptonsite.com forums, people from all walks of life bash fictional characters.

I don't think Christians are dangerous, unless you take it to the extreme, i.e. Fundamentalism. But what can be dangerous about beleiving in something more important then you?

How can giving up your natural sense of reason and truth not be dangerous? You did not dream up the concept of "God". At some point in your life someone convinced you that an invisible all knowing all powerful entity was in control of your life and you are not. They convinced you of eternity. All this to serve them and not yourself. If you finally wake up to the fact that there is no god or eternity you will discover you are wasting what little time you have.

Last edited:
BULLSHIT

What a moron.

December 24, 2007

"SO" you think that after making a statement that begins with "so" and putting a "?" at the end that covers your ass? :lol:

And I'm sure there are many morons stupid enough to parrot LimpTard just like you did.

If you could pay attention to what your MessiahRushie said, he ended up contradicting himself. That "tiny little speck of ALMOST nothing" was only ALL THE ENERGY OF THE UNIVERSE, which is definitely SOMETHING and not nothing!!!!!!!

You listen to Rush not me jack Ass. I have never once tuned in to his radio show because I happen to be too busy working.

The big bang theory is just a theory. There is no proof. It is pure speculation as to what the singularity was and where it came from. If it existed at all.

Princeton - Physics - New Theory Provides Alternative to Big Bang

Forum List

Back